Hi-MD WAV Importer
for Mac Ver. 1.0
© 2005 Sony Corporation Printed in Malaysia
What you can do with Hi-MD WAV Importer
Hi-MD WAV Importer allows you to import audio data recorded in linearPCM on a Hi-MD
Walkman to a Macintosh computer, automatically converting linearPCM audio data to
• Copyright laws prohibit reproducing the software or the manual accompanying it in whole or in
part, or renting the software without the permission of the copyright holder.
• In no event will SONY be liable for any financial damage or loss of profits, including claims made
by third parties, arising out of the use of the software supplied with this recorder.
• In the event a problem occurs with this software as a result of defective manufacturing, SONY will
replace it. However, SONY bears no other responsibility.
• The software provided with this recorder cannot be used with equipment other than that which is so
• Please note that, due to continued efforts to improve quality, the software specifications may be
changed without notice.
• Operation of this recorder with software other than that provided is not covered by the warranty.
• The displayed items in the illustrations that appear in this manual may differ from the actual items
displayed by the software.
• Explanations in this manual assume a familiarity with basic computer operations. For details on the
use of your computer and the operating system, please refer to the respective manuals.
• Hi-MD, Net MD and their logos are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
• "WALKMAN" is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation to represent Headphone Stereo products.
is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
• Macintosh is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
• All other trademarks and registered trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of their
• ™ and ® marks are omitted in this manual.
Program © 2005 Sony Corporation
Documentation © 2005 Sony Corporation
Providing the required system
The following system environment is required in order to use the Hi-MD WAV Importer
software for the Hi-MD Walkman.
• CPU: PowerPC G3, G4, or G5
• Hard disk drive space: 10 MB or more
• RAM: 64 MB or more
• CD drive
• USB port
Mac OS X version 10.2 through 10.4
This software is not supported by the following environments:
• OSs other than those indicated above
• An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
• Multi-boot environment
• Multi-monitor environment
• We do not ensure trouble-free operation on all computers that satisfy the system requirements.
• We do not ensure trouble-free operation on computers which have changed to the sleep or resume
Installing the software onto your computer
Before installing the software
• Make sure to close all software applications. Especially, make sure to close any virus-
check software, as such software usually demands a large amount of system resources.
• Make sure to install the software before connecting the Hi-MD Walkman to the computer
with the supplied USB cable.
Turn on your computer.
Insert the supplied CD-ROM into the CD drive of the computer.
([Hi-MD WAV Importer] icon) on the desktop.
([HiMDWavImp10.pkg] icon) and then follow the
Read the instructions carefully.
Was the installation successful?
If any trouble occurs during the installation, see "Troubleshooting" (page 25).
To uninstall the software
Double-click [Applications] in the hard disk drive and drag the [Hi-MD WAV
Importer] folder into the trash can.
Log out, and then log in again.