Installing the SonicStage software on
Before installing the software
Make sure to install the supplied SonicStage Ver. 1.5 software.
Install and overwrite the supplied SonicStage Ver. 1.5 software even if you have already installed Sonic
Stage Ver. 1.5. You can continue to use audio files stored in SonicStage after overwriting the software.
Before overwriting, back up your stored audio files in case any problem occurs, for details, refer to the help
of SonicStage or OpenMG Jukbox.
Install SonicStage Ver. 1.5 even if you have installed SonicStage Premium, and Use SonicStage Ver. 1.5
when you check out to your Network Walkman. SonicStage Premium will not be overwritten when you
install SonicStage Ver. 1.5.
1 Make sure to note the following:
• The dedicated USB cable is not connected.
The SonicStage software may not operate properly if it is installed while the dedicated USB cable is
connected to the computer.
• All other Windows programs are closed.
Especially, be sure to quit capacious programs such as virus check software.
• The free space of the computer's hard disk is sufficient.
The SonicStage software requires 120MB or more free space of the computer's hard disk to be
installed. Also, additional drive space is required depending on the Windows version or audio file
2 Depending on the operating system or software installed on your computer,
please notice the following before installing the SonicStage software.
When using Windows XP
• The operation of the SonicStage software is restricted. Log on with the Administrator group account
when installing the software.
• If "System restore" is performed, the audio files managed by the SonicStage software may not be
played. (page 27)
When using Windows Millennium Edition
If "System restore" is performed, the audio files managed by the SonicStage software may not be
played. (page 27)
When using Windows 2000
The operation of the SonicStage software is restricted. Log on with the "Administrator" account (user
name) when installing the software.
When OpenMG Jukebox or older version of SonicStage is installed
• When SonicStage Ver.1.5 is installed, the older version of SonicStage or OpenMG Jukebox Ver.1.0
to 2.0 will be automatically overwritten.
• When SonicStage Ver.1.5 is installed, OpenMG Jukebox Ver.2.2 will be updated to the newest
• The stored audio files are automatically converted to the SonicStage Ver1.5 format files.
• If you use OpenMG Jukebox Ver.2.2 and OpenMG Jukebox is displayed on the task tray, change
the setting to remove it from the task tray. To change the setting, Select the [Tool] menu from
OpenMG Jukebox and click [Setting], and then select [General] tab and uncheck [Add Jukebox
Startup on the task tray].
• Even if SonicStage Ver.1.5 is installed, SonicStage Premium will not be overwritten. You can use
both versions of the software on your computer.