x When the current layer is the Super
Audio CD layer
to change the layer.
• [SUPER AUDIO CD]: You can play the
Super Audio CD layer.
When the system is playing a Super Audio
CD layer, "SA-CD" lights up in the front
• [CD]: You can play the CD layer.
When the system is playing a CD layer,
"CD" lights up in the front panel display.
• Each play mode function works only within the
selected layer or playback area.
• When you select a CD layer, you cannot change
• Super Audio CD audio signals are not output from the
HDMI OUT jack.
Playing a VIDEO CD with PBC
functions (Ver. 2.0)
With PBC (Playback Control) functions, you
can enjoy simple interactive operations, search
functions, and other such operations.
PBC playback allows you to play a VIDEO CD
interactively by following the menu on the TV
Start playing a VIDEO CD with PBC
The menu for your selection appears.
Select the item number you want using
the number buttons.
If you make a mistake, press CLEAR to
cancel the number.
Follow the instructions in the menu for
Refer to the operating instructions supplied
with the disc, as the operating procedure
may differ depending on the VIDEO CD.
To go back to the menu
Press O RETURN.
• Depending on the VIDEO CD, [Press ENTER] in
Step 3 may appear as [Press SELECT] in the
operating instructions supplied with the disc. In this
case, press H.
• To play without using the PBC function, press ./
> or the number buttons while the system is in stop
mode to select a track, then press H or
system starts playback. You cannot play still pictures
such as a menu. To return to PBC playback, press x
twice, then press H.
Resuming playback from the
point where you stopped the
When you stop the disc, the system remembers
the point where you pressed x and "RESUME"
appears in the front panel display. As long as
you do not remove the disc, Resume Play will
work even if the system is set to standby mode
by pressing "/1.
While playing a disc, press x to stop
"RESUME" appears in the front panel
The system starts playback from the point
where you stopped the disc in Step 1.
• Depending on where you stop the disc, the system
may not resume playback from exactly the same
• The point where you stopped playing may be cleared
– you eject the disc.
– the system enters standby mode (DATA CD/
DATA DVD only).
– you change or reset the settings on the Setup
– you change the parental control level.