Selecting the Effect to
Suit the Source
You can select a suitable sound mode for movies
Press SOUND MODE repeatedly during
playback until the desired mode appears in
the front panel display.
• "AUTO": The system automatically selects
"MOVIE" (the MOVIE indicator lights up) or
"MUSIC" (the MUSIC indicator lights up) to
produce the sound effect depending on the
• "MOVIE": The system provides the sound for
movies. The MOVIE indicator lights up.
• "MUSIC": The system provides the sound for
music. The MUSIC indicator lights up.
• When you play a Super Audio CD, this function does
• You cannot operate these setup items when you
connect headphones to the unit or surround amplifier.
• When changing the sound mode while using the
S-AIR receiver, sound from the S-AIR receiver may
You can enjoy multiplex broadcast sound when
the system receives or plays a Dolby Digital
multiplex broadcast signal.
• To receive a Dolby Digital signal, you need to
connect a TV or other component to the unit with an
optical or coaxial digital cord (page 18) and set the
digital output mode of the TV or other component to
Press AUDIO repeatedly until the desired
signal appears in the front panel display.
• "MAIN": Sound of the main language will be
• "SUB": Sound of the sub language will be
• "MAIN+SUB": Mixed sound of both the main
and sub languages will be output.