CHAPTER 1 GENERAL 1. ABOUT THE MANUAL This manual describes the latest instructions about the Brother Automatic E-Mail Printing software. Read this manual before using the software. 2. SPECIFICATIONS Software Name: Brother Automatic E-Mail Printing ® System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 95/98 Conditions: This software works only with Brother laser printers.
CHAPTER 2 ABOUT AUTOMATIC E-MAIL PRINTING The Brother Automatic E-Mail Printing software allows you to download mail automatically, to receive and print mail automatically at the specified time and also to select mail by using filter conditions such as a sender or subject.
Solution The Automatic E-Mail Printing software allows you to print the reservations sent by e-mail automatically from the printer at the reception desk. You can read them whenever you have time. Case 4: Richard - Office Clark Richard receives a lot of mail from his colleagues and customers every day. However, all of them are not important to him.
The Automatic E-Mail Printing software allows you to print automatically all mail sent to your boss from the printer beside you. You can check them and give your boss only the important messages quickly. Case 6: David - Factory Worker David works at the factory.
Install the Automatic E-Mail Printing software with the disk supplied with the printer. (1) Insert the floppy disk labeled ‘Automatic E-Mail Printing for Microsoft Windows 95, Printer driver disk for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0’ into the drive A (or B) of your computer.
(5) Select the language you want to use and click the Next button. (6) Click the Next button. Installation of Automatic E-Mail Printing will start automatically. ...
2. INSTALL WITH THE FILE DOWNLOADED FROM BROTHER HOME PAGE Install the Automatic E-Mail Printing software with the file downloaded from the Brother home page. (1) Double-click the downloaded file. (2) Click the Next button in the Welcome screen. (3) Specify the folder where the setup program is to be saved in the Installation Folder screen, then click the Finish button.
CHAPTER 4 DELETE AUTOMATIC E-MAIL PRINTING Delete the Automatic E-Mail Printing software from ‘Add/Remove Programs’ in Control Panel. (1) Click Start in Windows, then select Settings. (2) Select Control Panel. (3) Double-click the ‘Add/Remove Programs’ icon. (4) Select the Delete tab. (5) Select Automatic E-Mail Printing in the list, then click the Add/Remove button.
CHAPTER 5 USING AUTOMATIC E-MAIL PRINTING 1. AFTER INSTALLATION IS COMPLETED The user name and password have not been registered when the Automatic E-Mail Printing software is first installed. When the software is run for the first time, the ‘User Settings’ dialog box and the ‘User Registration’...
3. MAIN WINDOW The name and description of each button on the main window are as follows; A: Print button Prints the mail selected in the log view screen. B: View button Views the mail selected in the log view screen with the specified application. C: Delete button Deletes the mail selected in the log view screen.
Select user box Selects the user whose logs are displayed in the log view screen. Log view screen Views logs. K: Status bar Displays the description of the button to be selected or the viewed log. 4. PROPERTIES The Properties dialog box will appear as follows when the registration of the user name and password is completed.
5. SERVER After you register a user name and password, you have to set the POP3 server or IP address, POP3 port, POP3 account and password. NOTE: If you have already used the e-mail software, enter the same POP3 server, POP3 port, POP3 account and password.
Delete Function If you check ‘Remove the mail from the Server on the ‘Delete’ command’, mail which has been deleted with the Delete button is removed from the POP3 server. Print Function If you check ‘Delete the mail from the local PC after printing’, mail which has been downloaded into the local PC is deleted after printing.
7. PAGE SETUP Print Area Set the print area of the mail message. You can enter the value in each text box or specify the area by adjusting the borders using your mouse. Print Mail Header Select the mail header contents to be printed. Font The ‘Print Font Selection’...
8. PRINT Printer Select the printer to be used. If you want to change the printer driver setting, click the Setup button. Print a cover page If you check it, the mail log index information such as ‘From’, ‘Subject’, ‘Date’ are printed as a cover page.
9. FILTER The Filter settings allow you to set the mail size to download and to print your selected mail. Delivery If you check ‘Download mail of the following size’, you can only receive mail messages in the specified size range. You can select the size of the received mail file in the range 0KB to 99999KB. Receiving Assistant If you check ‘Receive mail selected by configuration setting’, you can make settings so that the mail printed automatically is selected by strings and multiple filters.
Select “the [from] of the mail [contains] email@example.com [and] the [subject] of mail [contains] e- mail [print]”. (3) If you want to save mail from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ as a text file instead of printing it; Select “the [from] of the mail [contains] email@example.com [export]”.
10. CONNECTION You can select the connection for your POP3 server, via a LAN or a dial-up (modem) connection. I use a LAN connection / I connect manually Check it when you want to connect to your POP3 server via a LAN connection. I use a modem to access Check it when you want to connect to your POP3 server via a dial-up (modem) connection.
11. OTHERS Select the Application for Viewing Change the application software which you will use to view your mail. The default setting is Notepad (notepad.exe). Password Check If you check ‘Change the user properties and delete user’, you have to enter the password when changing the user properties and deleting a user.
If you click the Default button in the Properties dialog box, all the settings other than the following ones are returned to the default. ‘POP server settings’ in ‘Server’. ‘Printer’ in ‘Print’. ‘connection’ in ‘Connection’. 13. CHANGE USER SETTINGS If you want to change the various settings for the registered user, follow the steps below;...
14. ADD NEW USER If you want to add a new user, select ‘Add user’ in the ‘Mail’ menu. The ‘Register User’ dialog box appears. The ‘Register User’ dialog box also appears when you select ‘Properties’ in the ‘Mail’ menu to open the ‘User Settings’...
(1) Check your print setting is active. (2) Check the printer power is turned on. (3) Check the cable connection between the printer and PC. (4) If you use the Automatic E-Mail Printing software with other e-mail software at the same time;...