Service Bulletin G3-26
Models: 715ES, C800ES, 2400ES, 2700ES, Evolution 500, Integra 500
Removing and replacing water valve
When replacing the watervalve, it is very important to drain all
water from the water heater beforehand to prevent water
damage to the internal electronics.
Phillips head screwdriver
Bucket to catch draining water
Removing the water valve
1. Press On/Off button to Off and unplug power cord from electrical
2. Loosen two Phillips head screws located at bottom rear of cover.
3. Lift front cover upward and remove. (Fig. 1).
4. Remove 3 Phillips screws from control unit (Fig. 2, step 1)
4. Place water heater's control unit into the service position.
(Fig. 2, step 2).
5. Close installer supplied inlet and outlet shutoff valves.
6. Relieve water pressure from unit by opening pressure relief valve
on hot outlet side of unit. Have a bucket ready to catch the
draining water. Drain water from unit by removing cold water
inlet connection on bottom of heater.