This section describes maintenance procedures for the 1.2 GHz GS7000 Remote PHY Device (RPD) 2X2
Opening and Closing the Housing
Installation or maintenance of the node requires opening the housing to access the internal modules.
Proper housing closure is important to maintaining the node in good working condition. Proper closure ensures
a good seal against the environment, protecting the internal modules.
Opening the Housing
Open the housing as follows.
1. Remove the bolts securing the lid to the base.
2. Carefully open the lid to allow access to the inside of the housing.
3. Inspect gaskets on the cover flange and on the test port plugs.
4. Replace any gaskets showing signs of wear (cracked, twisted, pinched, or dry) with new, silicon-lubricated
Closing the Housing
Close the housing as follows.
1. Ensure any worn gaskets are replaced, and the gaskets are clean and in the correct position.
2. Carefully close the lid.
Opening and Closing the Housing, on page 1
Preventative Maintenance, on page 2
Removing and Replacing Modules, on page 5
Care and Cleaning of Optical Connectors, on page 10