1. Product Overview
The DA-60 Building Occupant Warning System (BOWS) provides emergency tones and voice messages through
100V loudspeakers to aid in the evacuation of occupants from buildings during emergency situations.
WARNING: Installation should be performed by competent persons in accordance with the
relevant standards as required for the installation. Honeywell Ltd accepts absolutely no liability
for the suitability, placement or settings of the speakers within an installation.
1. Remove power from the panel.
2. Fit the supplied standoffs to the CHS style mounting plate.
3. Mount the DA-60 as shown in Figure 1 and use the supplied screws to fasten it to the CHS mounting plate.
4. Connect the 20 way ribbon cable from the DA controller & pre-amp to the DA-60 using the 20 way header
as per Figure 1.
5. Wire in the 24V battery backed power supply to the 0V and 24V terminals on the DA-60; see Figure 2.
6. Complete the pre power up checks as described in the DA manual prior to applying power to the DA-60.
7. Refer to the DA manual for information on programming and connection of ancillaries.
NOTE: Do not remove the red jumper fitted to the ribbon cable header on the left hand
side of the DA-60 unless networking with another DA module. Refer to manual for
detailed connection and programming information of networked systems.
Figure 1 - DA-60 on CHS-3L connected to DA Controller & Preamp
Notifier 60W Digital Amplifier (DA-60)
Product Installation Document
9 Columbia Way
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153
PH 02-9894-1444 • FAX 02-9894-4193