System Firmware Update Instructions using a USB memory device
- If you have any difficulty carrying out these instructions, please first refer to the System Firmware Update FAQ
included in this document and/or contact Pioneer Customer Support Center.
A. Check the current firmware version of the home theater system:
Using the home theater system's remote control:
1. Press the "STANDBY/ON" button to switch the unit on.
2. Press the "SETUP" button to display the "Initial Setup".
3. Select "Options" and press the "ENTER" button.
4. Select "System information" and press the "ENTER" button.
6. Select "Next Screen" and press the "ENTER" button
7. The firmware version of your home theater system will be displayed on the TV screen.
If the version number is
If the version number is less than V36.36, it is necessary to update the firmware. Please continue to section B.
B. Download the system firmware ZIP file from Pioneer's website:
1. Download the file named "SBX_N500_N700_V36.36.zip" from the website to a folder on your computer.
C. Preparing a USB memory device for the System Firmware Update:
1. Have your USB memory device ready
Requirements of your USB memory device:
- USB specification 2.0.
- 128 MB or more in capacity.
- Should not contain any files.
2. Connect your USB memory device to your computer.
3. Double click the downloaded ZIP file "SBX_N500_N700_V36.36.zip" to open it.
4. Unzip it and save the files named "SBXN700_MCU.bin", "SBXN700_V00.36.bin", and
to a folder on your computer.
5. Copy the all of files to your USB memory device.
6. Confirm the file name and the file size are correct on your USB memory device:
To check the file size in Microsoft Windows, select the file, press the right mouse button, and select "Properties".
If the file name and size do not match the ones listed below, perform sections B and C again.
or higher, it is not necessary to update the firmware.