I N F O
SCA N R EW
Note: The REC button must be pressed TWICE to
record from your VCR. For some brands of VCRs, you
might need to press the REC button once, then press it
again for three seconds.
Some buttons on the remote might have functions that
are referred to by different names on the device you are
controlling. E.G. PREV.CHAN may be called RECALL, or
ENTER may be called DISPLAY. These differences
depend on the brand and model of your product. Also,
this remote can only operate features that exist on your
product. E.G., your product must have PREV.CHAN
ability for the PREV.CHAN button to operate this
Button Functions, cont.
1. Red Indicator Lights when any button is pressed.
2. TV, VCR, SAT, CBL, DVD Selects product to be
3. CODE SEARCH Used for setup.
4. MUTE Turns off the TV sound while the picture
remains. OK Selects menu items for the device you
5. INFO Displays/selects on-screen channel informa-
tion, etc. MENU Access the Menu functions of the
device you are controlling.
6. SHIFT Press to access "shifted" functions (labeled
in Green). See page 7.
7. GUIDE displays on-screen program guide.
8. NUMBERS Enter numbers for direct channel
selection. Some products require Enter to be
pressed after channel selection.
9. ENTER Used after direct channel number entry to
immediately change to the selected channel.
10. RECORD, PLAY, STOP, REW, FF, PAUSE
VCR control buttons operate your VCR even when
the remote is set to operate the TV. Also operates
DVD Scan -/+. SCAN + and SCAN - buttons control
the speed of Fast Forward and Reverse Playback
respectively in DVD mode.
11. TV/VCR/INPUT For some TVs, press repeatedly to
select from available viewing sources (antenna,
cable box, VCR, etc.).
12. CC (SUBTITLE) TV Closed Caption (if your TV has
this feature) or DVD Subtitle toggle.
13. PREV. CHAN Returns to the previously selected
channel, or DVD repeat toggle.
14. SLEEP Turns off the TV after a period of 1 to 99
minutes. QUIT Used to exit menu functions.
15. VOLUME UP/DOWN Changes the volume level of
the product, normally the TV.
16. CHANNEL UP/DOWN Changes the channels.
CHAPTER +/- controls DVD/CD track selection i.e.
DVD/CD Track Skip Up/Down (in DVD and SAT
modes). Note the VCR buttons also control DVD
when in DVD Mode.
17. POWER Turns product On or Off.