5.0" wi-fi motorized video baby monitor (29 pages)
Summary of Contents for Motorola COMFORT85 CONNECT
User’s Guide 5" HD Wi-Fi Video Baby and Home Monitor ® Models: COMFORT85 CONNECT, COMFORT85-2 CONNECT COMFORT85-3 CONNECT, COMFORT85-4 CONNECT The features described in this User’s Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Overview of the Parent Unit DOWN / VOLUME - - Display (LCD screen) Battery status, Power, Sound level, Press to decrease speaker volume in Pairing indicators camera viewing mode. a) Lights up in blue when the Parent When in a menu, press to scroll down. Unit’s battery is being charged.
Parent Unit display icons Signal Strength Camera Power Mode - AC or Battery Camera Patrol Mode Camera Identification Number Speaker on / off Lullabies menu / mode Zoom menu / mode Night vision Alarm timer Parent unit battery status Brightness Level Speaker volume Video on timer Add camera...
Overview of Your Baby Unit (Camera) 1. Camera Lens Power Adapter Socket 2. Microphone 8. Power indicatior Lights up in blue when the 3. Mood Light Baby Unit is switched on and 4. Speaker linked to the Parent Unit. 5. Light Sensor (Night Vision Mode) Temperature Sensor 6.
5.3.1 Power ON and Connect the Camera ........22 5.3.2 Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors App......22 5.3.3 Run Hubble for Motorola Monitors App on Android™ device ..................22 5.3.4 Add the Camera to your account ..........23 ® ®...
1. Safety Instructions WARNING: Strangulation Hazard: Children have STRANGLED in cords. Keep this cord out of the reach of children (more than 3ft away). Do not remove this tag. Never use extension cords with AC Adapters. Only use the AC Adapters provided.
BABY UNIT SET UP & USE: • Determine a location for the Baby Unit that will provide the best view of your baby in his/her crib. • Place the Baby Unit on a flat surface, such as a dresser, bureau, or shelf or mount the Unit to a wall securely using the keyhole slots in the underside of the stand.
• Do not touch the plug contacts with sharp or metal objects. • Connect the power adapters to easily accessible electrical outlets. CAUTION The Parent Unit includes a built-in, lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack, which is not a user-accessible item. If you think the battery needs replacing, please contact the helpline.
2. Getting Started Power up the Baby Unit • Place the Baby unit near a suitable electrical outlet in the room where you’re going to be monitoring your baby most of the time. It should also be at least 3 feet away from your baby.
Charge the Parent Unit The Parent Unit comes with a built-in Li-ion battery. • Plug the micro-USB plug of power adapter (DC5V/1000mA) into the Parent unit, connect the other end to a suitable electrical outlet. • Leave to charge for 16 hours.
3. Using the Baby Monitor Please read these instructions carefully, and be aware that this baby monitor is only intended as an aid. It is not a substitute for responsible adult supervision. Setting Up • Make sure that the Baby Unit and Parent Unit are both switched on. •...
Talk Mode Press and hold the TALK button on the parent unit to talk to your lovely baby through the baby unit’s loudspeaker. Video ON/OFF When it is at standby mode, toggle Power On/Off button 0 to turn the LCD screen on or off, whilst still leaving the audio monitor on.
4. Parent Unit Menu Options 4.1 Adjust Speaker Volume The Parent Unit has 8 volume levels + off. To adjust volume, press the + UP or - DOWN button when the Parent Unit is in camera viewing mode. 4.2 Set the Screen Brightness The Parent Unit has 8 brightness levels.
4.3.3 Personal Audio Recordings Playback The device allows to play your personal recording, before this it need to record your personal audio through Hubble for Motorola App. • Press M button, Audio Playlist appears at the menu bar. then confirm with O button, •...
4.5 Set Alarm You can use the Parent Unit to set an alarm as a reminder for you to take care of your baby. If an alarm time is selected, the Parent Unit will beep at the end of the selected 2, 4 or 6 hour period.
4.8 Set temperature format The temperature reading from the temperature sensor at the back of the Baby Unit will be displayed at the top of the Parent Unit LCD screen. You can switch temperature format between Centigrade and Fahrenheit as follows: Press the M button and the menu bar will pop up.
4.10 View Camera If you have more than one camera paired with the Parent Unit, to select the transmission image from a specific camera, proceed as follows: Press the M button and the menu bar will pop up. 2. Press the < LEFT button or > RIGHT button until highlighted, the camera list appear on the screen.
4.11 Delete Camera If you wish to delete the connection to a camera, proceed as follows: Press the M button and the menu bar will pop up. 2. Press the < LEFT button or > RIGHT button until highlighted, the camera list appear on the screen.
Getting Started - Connecting Devices How does it work? Access your Wi-Fi Router Baby Unit Camera locally. View your Camera from any Wi-Fi ® Camera compatible device remotely. Hubble Service When a user tries to access the Camera, the Hubble server will authenticate the user’s identity before it grants access to the Camera.
Camera is ready for setup. 5.3.2 Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors App • Go to Google Play™ Store to search for "Hubble for Motorola Monitors". • Download "Hubble for Motorola Monitors" App from Google Play™ Store and install it on your Android™ device 5.3.3...
5.3.4 Add the Camera to your account • Tap on the top right corner of the screen to add camera. (Picture A2) • The following setup instructions will appear on the screen. (Picture A3) • Plug in and switch on the camera, and wait for a couple of minutes for it to warm up.
• The following setup instructions will appear on the screen. (Picture A4) • Press and hold the PAIR button on the underside of the Camera Unit for 3 seconds. You will then hear a beep tone, followed by a voice prompt indicating that the Camera is ready for pairing.
® • Select your Wi-Fi Network, enter your password and then tap Connect. (Pictures A7, A8) ® • It will take a few minutes for the Camera to connect to the Wi-Fi network before showing the connection status. (Pictures A9, A10) •...
5.4.2 Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors App • Go to App Store to search for "Hubble for Motorola Monitors". ® ® • Download "Hubble for Motorola Monitors" App and install it on your iPhone /iPad ® ® 5.4.3 Run Hubble for Motorola Monitors App on iPhone /iPad ®...
5.4.4 Add the Camera to your account • Tap on the top right corner of the screen to add camera. (Picture i2) • The following Bluetooth setup instructions will appear on the screen if your Bluetooth is not on. (Picture i3) Wi-Fi®...
. (Pictures i4,i5) • Press the HOME key to return to the home screen, then tap on "Hubble for Motorola Monitors" App to resume setup. • The following setup instructions will appear on the screen. (Picture i6) Note that if Bluetooth is on, you will be brought to this step directly.
• The following will appear on the screen. Select the Camera ID detected on ® your iOS device and tap Connect. (Pictures i7, i8) • Name the location of your Camera Unit and tap Continue. (Pictures i9, i10) Wi-Fi® Internet Viewing...
® • The Camera Unit will search for the Wi-Fi network (Picture i11) and display a list of available networks. (Picture i12) ® • Select your Wi-Fi network and tap Continue. (Picture i13) ® • Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap Next. (Picture i14) ®...
• If connection fails, tap Retry and repeat the steps starting from 5.4.4. • Tap View Live Camera to view the video captured by the Camera Unit. The LED indicator on the Camera Unit will flash in blue. Wi-Fi® Internet Viewing...
Camera Functions: 5.5.1 Connecting the Camera Unit to power • Connect the power adapter to a suitable electrical outlet and insert the plug into the micro USB socket on the back of the Camera Unit. • Slide the ON/OFF switch to the ON position. The power indicator LED will light up in green.
Lullaby Tap to access the Melody menu and select one of the 5 pre-set melodies you wish to play on your Camera Unit. Temperature The temperature reading from the temperature Measure sensor at the back of the Camera Unit will display on the screen of your Android™...
Camera Setting You can change the Camera settings by tapping on the Settings icon. • Tap Details to review Camera Name, Cloud Subscription, Change Image, Timezone, Camera Model, Firmware Version and Delete All Events. • Tap Notifications to set the sensitivity of Sound Detection, Motion Detection and to set Alerts for High temperature (Up to 33 C or 91...
Working with PC/Notebook • Go to https://app.hubbleconnected.com/#login Enter your User Name and Password, and then click Login if you have already created an account. If you have not created an account, click the "Create an Account" link at the bottom of the webpage. •...
6. Disposal of the Device (environment) At the end of the product’s life cycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the Product, User’s Guide and/or box indicates this.
7. Cleaning Clean your Baby Monitor with a slightly damp or anti-static cloth. Never use cleaning agents or abrasive solvents. Cleaning and care • Do not clean any part of the product with thinners or other solvents and chemicals –- this may cause permanent damage to the product which is not covered by the Warranty.
8. Troubleshooting Power Indicator on the Parent Unit does not come on • Check whether the Parent Unit is powered on. • Check whether the battery is charged. • Recharge the Parent Unit by connecting it to the power supply. The Parent Unit beeps repeatedly •...
The baby monitor system produces a high-pitched noise • The Parent Unit and the Baby Unit are too close to each other. Make sure the Parent Unit and Baby Unit are at least 3 feet away from each other. • The speaker volume of the Parent Unit may be set too high. Decrease the volume of the Parent Unit.
To order a replacement battery pack, contact customer service. Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE"). What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage.
(b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
FCC and IC regulations FCC Part l5 NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
WARNING Changes or modifications, to this equipment not expressively approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible. FCC RF Radiation Exposure Statement Caution: This Transmitter must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm from all persons.
10. Technical Specifications Baby Unit Frequency 2400 MHz - 2483.5 MHz Image sensor Color CMOS 0.3M Pixels IR LED 8 pcs Operating Temperature Arange 0 °C ~ +50 °C Power Adapter Ten Pao International Ltd. S005BNU0500100 Input 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 150mA; Output: 5.0V DC, 1000mA Or, CSEC CS6F050100FUF...
Parent Unit Frequency 2400 MHz - 2483.5 MHz Display 5" diagonal TFT LCD Display colors 16.7M color LCD Brightness control 8 steps Volume control 8 steps Operating Temperature Arange 0 °C ~ +50 °C Power Adapter Ten Pao International Ltd. S005BNU0500100 Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA;...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. Apple logo and Safari are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.