Using the internal modem
This section describes how to setup the modem and use it to connect to
other computer systems. Refer to the computer's online help files and the
online help files for your modem software, for more information.
The internal modem does not support the voice functions described in the
help files. All data and fax functions are supported.
In case of a lightning storm, unplug the modem cable from the
Do not connect the modem to a digital telephone line. A digital line will
damage the modem.
* Some computers in this series are equipped with Modem functionality.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using your telephone equipment, basic safety precautions should
always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to
persons, including the following:
1. Do not use this product near water, for example, near a bathtub, wash
bowl, kitchen sink or laundry tub, in a wet basement or near a
2. Avoid using a telephone (other than a cordless type) during an
electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from
3. Do not use the telephone to report a gas leak in the vicinity of the leak.
4. Use only the power cord indicated in this manual.
Choose from the: Options tab to change the tool
position; the Picture tab to select picture output
options such as size, export file and saving
location; the Video tab to choose output settings
such as Frame Rate, Size, Compression and the
file save path; the Audio tab to chnage the Audio
Device, Compression, Volume and file save path.
Displays the help files for the software.