Gouvars, Frederique (IndSys, GE Interlogix)
The ATS7300 enables alarm reporting via GSM. All reporting
formats available through PSTN are fully functional, including voice
reporting or audio listen-in.The GSM module can be used for
primary reporting as well as back-up reporting (using multiple
The ATS7300 has a provision to establish a reliable connection for
remote up-/downloading to and from the ATS panel. In data mode
the GSM module even can establish a connection up to 4800 baud
(for more details and programming options see ATS2000 / 3000 /
4000 Programming manual). A general fault indicator is available
(OC) to indicate if the battery is present, the battery fuse is ok and
the GSM network is detected.
Disable PIN code request on your SIM card (via
any mobile telephone)
For proper operation a GSM card with subscription
is mandatory (NOT pre-paid).
The ATS7300 will only operate (dial/answer) when
connected to the home network.
A GSM module during operation can require a
maximum of 2A peak current; the back-up battery
normally wired to the control panel is now also
wired to the GSM module. The GSM module
checks the battery operation and disconnects the
battery when the battery voltage drops below 9
volts to preserve the battery (deep discharge
Make sure the antenna itself is placed outside the
To do up/download via the GSM module, use a SIM
card that has fax and data enabled.
The ATS7300 must be mounted inside an ATS panel housing.
1. Disconnect the mains power before opening the cabinet.
Disconnect AC mains plug from AC mains wall socket.
Disconnect the mains with a dedicated circuit breaker.
2. Disconnect the battery (when applicable).
OUNTING THE UNIT
Mounting the ATS7300 into the control panel (ATS4000, Ref.
1. Remove the screws
2. Place the extension pillars with the plastic rings on top of the
3. Place the clips in the square holes
4. Mount the ATS7300 using the screws and extension pillars
5. Place the ATS control panel PCB back into its original position.
Mounting the ATS7300 into the control panel
(ATS2000/3000/4500, Ref. to figure
1. Place the clips in the square holes
2. Mount the ATS7300 using screws.
Connecting the GSM module
Disconnect AC mains plug from AC mains wall socket
1. Remove the battery wires that run from the battery to the
2. Add the blue "tap connectors" to the red and blue (or black)
3. Connect the additional wires, which will be clamped to the
4. Before clamping ensure that the battery leads will reach the
GMS module as well as the battery.
5. Connect the red wire to BATT IN + and the battery.
6. Connect the blue (or black) wire to BATT IN – and the battery.
© 2003 GE Interlogix B.V.
All Rights Reserved
and lift off the control panel PCB.
(use metal pillars when