90504595 02 CHS6000 Hand SAW
HANGING THE WALL MOUNTING BRACKET
Use the hardware provided only if hanging on conventional hollow wall construction such
as sheet rock or plaster walls. If not hanging on conventional sheet rock or plaster walls,
please use the appropriate fasteners for that material.
• Locate the charging base within reach of an electrical outlet.
• Mark the position of both hang holes.
• Drill appropriate sized holes.
• Insert supplied hardware through hang holes and attach bracket to wall. Check to see
that the charging base is firmly attached to the wall so it will not pull out.
• Plug in and place the product in position.
NOTE: Avoid damaging the cord while fixing the mounting bracket to the wall.
WARNING: Always wear proper eye and respiratory protection while operating this
• Use clamps or another practical way to secure and support the workpiece to a
stable platform. Holding the work by hand or against your body leaves it unstable
and may lead to loss of control.
• Place blade and shoe lightly against work to be cut.
• Switch on saw motor and allow it to obtain maximum speed before applying pressure.
TRIGGER SWITCH (FIGURE E)
The tool is equipped with a switch lock-off feature to prevent unintentional operation.
• To operate the tool, slide the switch lock-off button (2) back and hold it as you pull the
on/off switch (1).
• After the tool is running, release the switch lock-off button. The tool will continue to run
as long as the trigger is depressed.
• To turn off, release the trigger switch. There is no provision for locking the tool on.
• Hold saw firmly with one hand or both hands (figure E) while cutting. Whenever
possible, the saw shoe must be held firmly against the material being cut. This will
prevent the saw from jumping or vibrating and minimize blade breakage.
BLADE CLAMP RELEASE LEVER (FIGURE F)
The CHS6000 accepts both T-shank and universal shank jig saw blades.
1mm or thicker blade recommended.
CAUTION: Recently used blades may be hot.
To install blade into saw:
• Push down on the blade clamp release lever (5) to its full open position as shown in Figure F.
• Insert blade shank (11) from the front.