Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
† 1. One-piece cover
(Part # ABD110-01 (W))
(Part # ABD515B-01 (B))
2. Water spreader
3. Water reservoir
4. Water windows (on both sides)
with cup level markings
5. Cord storage (inside of unit)
6. Control panel (see models illus.)
7. "Keep Hot" plate
† 8. 12-cup/60 oz. (1800 ml) carafe
Models ABD110/515 -
Closed handle carafe
(Part # ABD110-03 (W)
(Part # ABD515B-03 (B)
ABD100, ABD110, ABD130
Models ABD100/130/500/510 -
Open handle carafe
(Part # DE43-03 (W))
(Part # DE43-05 (B))
† 9. Hinged carafe lid
(Part # ABD110-04 (W))
(Part # ABD515B-04 (B))
†10. Removable brew basket
(Part # ABD110-02 (W))
(Part # ABD515B-02 (B))
†12. Permanent gold-tone filter
(certain models) (Part #175543-00)
† Consumer replaceable
ABD500, ABD500B, ABD510, ABD510B, ABD515B
How to Use
This appliance is intended for household use only.
1. Remove all stickers, packing material, and literature.
Important: For warranty verification, please do not remove line cord sticker.
2. Wash all parts as instructed in the Care and Cleaning section.
3. Pour cold water up to 11-cup level mark in the water reservoir.
Brew it through as instructed in "BREWING", but do not add coffee grounds to the paper filter.
When done, turn off the coffeemaker and discard the water from the carafe.
1. Lift the one-piece cover. Use water markings on carafe to fill water reservoir with cold
2. Place a paper filter or the permanent gold-tone filter into the brew basket. Add ground
coffee, (we recommend one heaping tablespoon for every 2 cups). Close the cover.
3. Place carafe on the "Keep Hot" plate and plug in the unit.
4. Press "ON/OFF" and the indicator light comes on, or, for delayed brewing (Clock Models),
see "SETTING THE CLOCK/TIMER & AUTO-BREW". You don't have to set the clock if you
want to brew coffee right away.
5. Replace the carafe on the "Keep Hot" plate when not serving to keep coffee hot.
6. Press "ON/OFF" to turn off unit.
In models ABD110, ABD130, ABD500, ABD500B, ABD510, ABD510B, ABD515 and
ABD515B, coffeemaker will keep coffee warm for 2 hours before it automatically shuts off.
Sneak-A-Cup® Interrupt Feature
You can pour a cup of coffee while coffee is brewing without leaking from the brew basket.
When finished pouring coffee, place the carafe under brew basket. The brewing process
Important: To avoid possible overflow after removing the carafe, be sure to replace the carafe
under the brew basket within one minute or less.
SETTING THE CLOCK/TIMER & AUTO-BREW (For Clock Models)
Plug in unit, clock flashes 12:00 a.m. until correct time is set. The coffeemaker works without
setting the clock.
1. To set current time of day: Press the HOUR button, little dot in the top left corner of the
display indicates "p.m." time. Press the MIN button. Clock momentarily flashes the time
just set. Once set, clock continues to keep time unless coffeemaker is unplugged or a
power failure occurs. To reset, press SET button and reset current time. Clock can only
be reset when in the flashing mode.
2. To set the Auto Brew time: Press the PROG button and the light near the AUTO button
starts flashing indicating it is being programmed. Press the HOUR, then MIN buttons to set
the time you'd like coffee to automatically begin brewing (for example 7:15 a.m.). Watch
for the "p.m." indicator dot at the top left of the digital display. When finished, press the
AUTO button. The AUTO light will stop flashing and will stay on to show the timer is
3. Prepare the coffeemaker for brewing as instructed in "BREWING" but don't turn
on the unit.
4. To check your pre-set auto time, press PROG and it will display. When the clock returns
to the current time of day, press AUTO to reactivate the timer. To automatically brew
coffee again at the same pre-set auto-on time, prepare coffeemaker for brewing again
and press the AUTO button.
Note: The Auto Brew function can be canceled at any time by pressing the AUTO button a
second time. The AUTO light goes out.