B L O W E R
B L O W E R
Catalog Number BL1200
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE CATALOG No. AND DATE CODE AVAILABLE. IN MOST CASES, A
BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE THE PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A
SUGGESTION OR COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Form No. 90510657 Rev. 1
Copyright © 2007 Black & Decker
WARNING: IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety
instructions and other information contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
When using an electric appliance, basic safety precautions should always
be followed to reduce risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the following.
Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State
of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of
these chemicals are:
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as
dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of
California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under some con-
ditions and duration of use, noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING BLOWER.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL
• READ and follow all instructions.
• DO NOT place inlet or outlet of blower near eyes or ears when operating.
• THIS APPLIANCE IS PROVIDED WITH DOUBLE INSULATION. Use only identical
replacement parts. See instructions for servicing of double insulated appliances.
• STORE IDLE TOOLS. When not in use, the unit should be stored in a dry, high or locked-up
place - out of reach of children.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• MAINTAIN TOOL WITH CARE. Keep fan area clean for best and safest performance.
Follow instructions for proper maintenance.
• DO NOT attempt to repair the blower. To assure product safety and reliability, repairs,
maintenance, and adjustments should be performed by Black & Decker service centers or
authorized service stations, always using Black & Decker replacement parts.
• DO NOT operate blower in a gaseous or explosive atmosphere. Motors in these tools
normally spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• USE EXTRA CARE when cleaning on stairs.
• DO NOT leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before
• DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near
children. Not recommended for use by children.
• USE ONLY as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended
• DO NOT use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been
dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• DO NOT pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, or pull cord around sharp edges or
corners. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• DO NOT unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• DO NOT put any objects into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of
dust, lint, hair and everything that may reduce air flow.
• KEEP hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving
• TURN OFF all controls before unplugging.
• DO NOT handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• KEEP CHILDREN, BYSTANDERS AND ANIMALS AWAY from the work area a minimum of
30 feet (10 meters) when starting or operating the tool.
Cat. # BL1200
Printed in Mexico
• INSPECT THE AREA before using the tool. Remove all debris and hard objects such as
rocks, glass, wire, etc. that can ricochet, be thrown, or otherwise cause injury or damage
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electrical shock; do not expose to rain, do not use on wet
surfaces. Store indoors.
WARNING: Turn off and unplug unit, then wait until fan stops or at least 10 seconds
before removing the blower tube assemblies.
Bouton de Dégagement
Botones de Liberación
SERVICING OF DOUBLE INSULATED APPLIANCES
Your Blower is double-insulated to give you added safety. In a double insulated appliance,
two systems of insulation are provided instead of grounding. No grounding means is
provided on a double insulated appliance, nor should a means for grounding be added to the
appliance. Servicing a double insulated appliance requires extreme care and knowledge of
the system and should be done only by qualified service personnel. Replacement parts for a
double insulated appliance must be identical to the parts they replace. A double insulated
appliance is marked with the words double insulated or "double insulation". The symbol
(square within a square) may also be marked on the appliance.
SAFETY RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS: EXTENSION CORDS
Double insulated tools have 2-wire cords and can be used with 2-wire or 3-wire extension
cords. Only round jacketed extension cords should be used, and we recommend that they
be listed by Underwriters Laboratories (U.L.) (C.S.A. in Canada). If the extension will be
used outside, the cord must be suitable for outdoor use. Any cord marked as outdoor can
also be used for indoor work.
An extension cord must have adequate wire size (AWG or American Wire Gauge) for safety,
and to prevent loss of power and overheating. The smaller the gauge number of the wire, the
greater the capacity of the cable, that is 16 gauge has more capacity than 18 gauge. When
using more than one extension to make up the total length, be sure each individual
extension contains at least the minimum wire size.
To determine the minimum wire size required, refer to the chart below. Before using an
extension cord, inspect it for loose or exposed wires, damaged insulation, and defective
fittings. Make any needed repairs or replace the cord if necessary.
SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS: POLARIZED PLUG
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this equipment has a polarized plug (one blade is wider
than the other). This equipment must be used with a suitable polarized 2 wire or 3 wire
extension cord. Polarized connections will fit together only one way. Make sure that the
receptacle end of the extension cord has large and small blade slot widths. If the plug does
not fit fully into the extension cord, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, obtain a suitable
extension cord. If the extension cord does not fit fully into the outlet, contact a qualified
electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the tool plug or extension cord in any
• SECURING POWER SUPPLY CORD - Secure the extension cord in the tool's built-in
cord retainer as shown in Figure 7 or secure the power supply cord and a suitable exten-
sion cord as shown in Figure 8.
NOTE: The switch will not operate if the release button, shown in Figure 1, is depressed.
To turn the tool ON, slide the switch forward, as shown in Figure 1. To turn tool OFF, slide
switch to the rear.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Minimum Gage for Cord Sets
Total Length of Cord in Feet
More Not more
American Wire Gage