• TV is not receiving any signal. Make sure the correct
source has been selected.
• Is the antenna connected properly?
• Is the antenna cable damaged?
• Are suitable plugs used to connect the antenna?
• If you are in doubt, consult your dealer.
• Check if the TV sound is muted. Press the Mute
button or increase the volume to check.
• Sound is coming from only one speaker. Check the
balance settings from Sound menu.
Remote control - no operation
• The batteries may be exhausted. Replace the
• The batteries maybe inserted incorrectly. Refer to
the section "Inserting the Batteries into the Remote".
No signal on an input source
• It is possible that no device is connected.
• Check the AV cables and connections from your
• Check the device is switched on.
Recording unavailable (Optional)
To record a programme, you should first correctly
connect a USB storage device to your TV, while the
TV is switched off. You should then switch on the TV
to enable the recording feature. If you cannot record,
check the storage device is correctly formatted and
there is sufficient space.
USB is too slow (Optional)
If a "USB storage device writing speed too slow to
record" message is displayed on the screen while
starting a recording, try restarting the recording. If you
still get the same error, it is possible that your USB
storage device does not meet the speed requirements.
Try using a different USB storage device.
PC Input Typical Display Modes
The following table is an illustration of some of the
typical video display modes. Your TV may not support
AV and HDMI Signal Compatibility
(X: Not Available, O: Available)
In some cases a signal on the TV may not be displayed
properly. The problem may be an inconsistency with standards
from the source equipment (DVD, Set-top box, etc.). If you do
experience such a problem please contact your dealer and also
the manufacturer of the source equipment.
English - 22 -