Package contents RT-AX88U Wireless Router AC adapter Network cable (RJ-45) Quick Start Guide A quick look at RT-AX88U WiFi USB 3.0 port LED On/Off button Power LED Wi-Fi On/Off button 5GHz LED USB 3.0 port 2.4GHz LED WAN (Internet) port...
• Keep the wireless router away from 802.11g or 20MHz only Wi-Fi devices, 2.4GHz computer peripherals, Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, transformers, heavy-duty motors, fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and other industrial equipment to prevent signal interference or loss. • Always update to the latest firmware. Visit the ASUS website at http://www.asus.com to get the latest firmware updates. • To ensure the best wireless signal, orient the four detachable antennas as shown in the drawing below. 45 ° 45 °...
2. Prepare your modem. a. Unplug the AC adapter from the power outlet and disconnect it from your cable/ADSL modem. b. Disconnect the network cable from your cable/ADSL modem. c. Reboot your computer (recommended). WARNING! Before disconnecting the wires/cables, ensure that your cable/ADSL modem has been turned off for at least two minutes.
3. Set up your wireless environment. Wall Power Outlet Power Modem Laptop LINE RESET a. Insert your wireless router’s AC adapter to the DC-IN port and plug it to a power outlet. b. Using another network cable, connect your modem to your wireless router’s WAN port.
NOTES: • By default, the login username and password for your wireless router's Web GUI is admin. • If QIS does not launch automatically, enter http://router.asus.com in the address bar and refresh the browser again. • The wireless router's login username and password is different from the 2.4GHz/5GHz network name (SSID) and security key. The wireless router's login username and password allows you to log into your wireless router's Web GUI to configure your wireless router's settings.
2. The wireless router automatically detects if your ISP connection type is Dy- namic IP, PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP. Key in the necessary information for your ISP connection type. IMPORTANT! Obtain the necessary information from your ISP about the Internet connection type. for Automatic IP (DHCP) for PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP...
NOTES: • The auto-detection of your ISP connection type takes place when you configure the wireless router for the first time or when your wireless router is reset to its default settings. • If QIS failed to detect your Internet connection type, click Skip to manual setting and manually configure your connection settings. 3. Assign the wireless network name (SSID) and security key for your 2.4GHz and 5 GHz wireless connection. Click Apply when done. 4. Your Internet and wireless settings are displayed. Click Next to continue. 5.
RT-AX88U’s network without entering password. To connect to the wireless network through WPS: 1. Press the WPS button at the back of RT-AX88U. Refer to the section A quick look for the location of the WPS button.
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome. NOTE: Use the search bar on the bottom of the interface to get more information from ASUS technical support site https://www.asus.com/support IMPORTANT: • For more details on using your router's Web GUI, refer to the user manual.
ASUS AiCloud app provides you with access to your data wherever and when- ever you have an Internet connection. It also allows you to access your ASUS WebStorage account via the AiCloud mobile app on your iOS or Android device, or via a web browser.
Ensure that your PC's proxy settings are disabled and your PC'S IP address is obtained from the DHCP server automatically. For details on disabling the proxy settings, visit the ASUS Support site at https://www.asus.com/support. For details on using the DHCP server to obtain IP addresses automatically, refer to your Windows® or Mac operating system's help feature.
• Try setting up the wired connection and configuring the wireless encryption again. • Press the Reset button of the wireless router for more than five seconds. • Factory default settings: 2.4 GHz network 5 GHz network User name IP address: SSID: SSID: / Password: http://router.asus.com/ admin / admin ASUS_2G ASUS_5G Where can I find more information about the wireless router? • Technical Support site: https://www.asus.com/support • Customer Hotline: Refer to the Support Hotline in this Quick Start Guide...
Federal Communications Commission Statement This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: • This device may not cause harmful interference. • This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits f or a class B dig ital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Radio Frequency (RF) Exposure Information The radiated output power of the ASUS Wireless Device is below the Industry Canada (IC) radio frequency exposure limits. The ASUS Wireless Device should be used in such a manner such that the potential for human contact during normal operation is minimized.
Directive 2014/53/ EU. Full text of EU declaration of conformity is available at https://www.asus.com/support/. This equipment complies with EU radiation exposure limits set forth for an un- controlled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20 cm between the radiator &...
ASUS Recycling/Takeback Services ASUS recycling and takeback programs come from our commitment to the highest standards for protecting our environment. We believe in providing solutions for you to be able to responsibly recycle our products, batteries, other components, as well as the packaging materials. Please go to http://csr.asus.
Networks Global Hotline Information Region Country Hotline Number Service Hours 09:00-13:00 ; Cyprus 800-92491 14:00-18:00 Mon-Fri France 0033-170949400 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri 0049-1805010920 0049-1805010923 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri Germany 10:00-17:00 Mon-Fri (component support ) 0049-2102959911 ( Fax ) Hungary 0036-15054561 09:00-17:30 Mon-Fri 09:00-13:00 ; Italy 199-400089 14:00-18:00 Mon-Fri 09:00-13:00 ; Greece 00800-44142044 14:00-18:00 Mon-Fri...
Region Country Hotline Numbers Service Hours United King- +44-1442265548 09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri Ireland 0035-31890719918 09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri Europe Russia and CIS 008-800-100-ASUS 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri Ukraine 0038-0445457727 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri Australia 1300-278788 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri New Zealand 0800-278788 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri 0800-1232787 09:00-17:00 Sat-Sun Japan 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri 0081-570783886 (Non-Toll Free) 09:00-17:00 Sat-Sun Korea...
09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri Montenegro 00382-20608251 09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri Serbia 00381-112070677 09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri Slovenia 00368-59045400 08:00-16:00 Mon-Fri 00368-59045401 Estonia 00372-6671796 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri Latvia 00371-67408838 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri Baltic Coun- tries Lithuania-Kaunas 00370-37329000 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri Lithuania-Vilnius 00370-522101160 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri NOTES: • UK support e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • For more information, visit the ASUS support site at: https://www.asus.com/support...