ENGLISH (Original instructions)
When using electric tools, basic safety precautions should
always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric
shock, and personal injury, including the following:
1. Read this instruction manual and the charger
instruction manual carefully before use.
2. Clean only with dry cloth.
3. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators,
heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including
amplifiers) that produce heat.
4. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the
5. Unplug this apparatus during lighting storms or when
unused for long periods of time.
6. A battery operated radio with integral batteries or a
separate battery pack must be recharged only with the
specified charger for the battery. A charger that may
be suitable for one type of battery may create a risk of
fire when used with another battery.
7. Use battery operated radio only with specifically
designated battery packs. Use of any other batteries
may create a risk of fire.
8. When battery pack is not in use, keep it away from
other metal objects like: paper clips, coins, keys, nails,
screws, or other small metal objects that can make a
connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the
battery terminals together may cause sparks, burns,
or a fire.
9. Avoid body contact with grounded surfaces such as
pipes, radiators, ranges and refrigerators. There is an
increased risk of electric shock if your body is
10. Under abusive conditions, liquid may be ejected from
the battery; avoid contact. If contact accidentally
occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes,
additionally seek medical help. Liquid ejected from the
battery may cause irritation or burns.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
CAUTION: Only use genuine Makita lithium-ion
batteries. Use of non-genuine Makita batteries, or
batteries that have been altered, may result in the battery
bursting causing fires, personal injury and damage.
SPECIFIC SAFETY RULES FOR
1. Before using battery cartridge, read all instructions
and cautionary markings on (1) battery charger, (2)
battery, and (3) product using battery.
2. Do not disassemble battery cartridge.
3. If operating time has become excessively shorter, stop
operating immediately. It may result in a risk of
overheating, possible burns and even an explosion.
4. If electrolyte gets into your eyes, rinse them out with
clear water and seek medical attention right away. It
may result in loss of your eyesight.
5. Do not short the battery cartridge:
Do not touch the terminals with any conductive
Avoid storing battery cartridge in a container with
other metal objects such as nails, coins, etc.
Do not expose battery cartridge to water or rain.
A battery short can cause a large current flow,
overheating, possible burns and even a
6. Do not store the tool and battery cartridge in locations
where the temperature may reach or exceed 50°C
7. Do not incinerate the battery cartridge even if it is
severely damaged or is completely worn out. The
battery cartridge can explode in a fire.
8. Be careful not to drop or strike battery.
9. Do not use a damaged battery.
Cautions to the user
The changes or modifications not expressly approved
by the party responsible for compliance could void the
user's authority to operate the equipment.
RF exposure statements
To comply with the IC RF exposure compliance
requirements, the antenna(s) used for this transmitter
must be installed to provide a separation distance of at
least 20 cm from all persons and must not be co-
located or operating in conjunction with any other
antenna or transmitter. No change to the antenna or the
device is permitted. Any change to the antenna or the
device could result in the device exceeding the RF
exposure requirements and void user's authority to
operate the device.
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-
exempt RSS standard(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1)
this device may not cause interference, and (2) this
device must accept any interference, including
interference that may cause undesired operation of the
Explanation of general view
1. USB power supply port
2. Power/Sleep timer
3. Source button
4. Radio alarm
5. Buzzer alarm
6. Preset stations/Preset 1 button as Bluetooth
7. Menu/Info button
8. Volume/Tuning control/Select knob
9. DC IN socket
10. AUX IN 1
11. LCD display
13. Soft bended rod antenna
14. Battery compartment locker