Contents Introduction..............2 Troubleshooting............23 Safety................4 Transportation, storage and disposal......23 Assembly................ 9 Technical data.............. 24 Operation..............11 Accessories..............25 Maintenance..............15 EC Declaration of Conformity........26 Introduction Intended use Only use the product with accessories that are approved Accessories on page 25 . by the manufacturer.
22. Hex key 23. Combination wrench 24. Combination wrench, chain tensioner Chain oil. 25. Harness 525P5S 26. Harness 525P4S 27. Shaft coupling Adjustment of the oil flow. 28. Impact guard 29. Spark plug cap and spark plug Symbols on the product Primer bulb.
Product liability • the product has an accessory that is not from the manufacturer or not approved by the manufacturer. As referred to in the product liability laws, we are not • the product is not repaired at an approved service liable for damages that our product causes if: center or by an approved authority.
• Overexposure to vibration can lead to circulatory cutting equipment rotates, as this can result in damage or nerve damage in persons who have poor serious injury. circulation. Speak to your physician if you • Do not overreach. Keep a stable position of the feet experience symptoms of overexposure to vibration.
Do a check of the safety devices regularly. Refer to Maintenance schedule on page 15 . • If the safety devices are defective, speak to your Husqvarna servicing dealer. • Use approved eye protection. If you use a visor, you To do a check of the throttle trigger lockout must also use approved protective goggles.
4. Do a check of the throttle control and throttle trigger 2. Do a visual check for deformation and damage, for lockout move freely and that the return springs work example cracks. properly. 3. Make sure you attach the elements of the vibration To start 5.
• Do a visual check on the spark arrestor mesh. • Remove the spark plug cable before you put the product into storage to make sure that the engine does not start accidentally. Safety instructions for maintenance WARNING: Read the warning instructions that follow before you do maintenance on the product.
• Make sure that the saw chain has the correct not correctly lubricated, the risk of wear on the guide tension. If the saw chain is not tight against the guide bar, saw chain and chain drive sprocket increases. bar, the saw chain can derail. An incorrect saw chain tension increases wear on the guide bar, saw chain To tension the and chain drive sprocket.
1. Put on the harness. 2. Hook the machine onto the harness support hook. 3. Adjust the length of the harness so that the support hook is roughly level with your right hip. 525P5S 525P4S 703 - 002 -...
Premixed fuel 5. Make sure the chain is adequately lubricated, refer • Use Husqvarna premixed alkylate fuel of a good To check the chain lubrication on page 22 . quality, for best performance and extension of the 6. Check that the saw chain always stops when the engine life.
To fill the fuel tank two-stroke oil. • If Husqvarna two-stroke oil is not available, use a 1. Clean the area around the fuel tank cap. two-stroke oil of good quality for air-cooled engines. 2. Shake the container and make sure that the fuel is Speak to your servicing dealer to select the correct fully mixed.
You can also adjust the oil flow. Refer to adjust chain lubrication on page 22 . • Use Husqvarna chain oil for maximum saw chain life and to minimise environmental damage. If • Cut large branches in sections so that you have Husqvarna chain oil is not available, we recommend better control over where they fall.
• Use the stop at the base of the cutting head to 2. Move the choke control up into choke position. provide support during cutting. This will help prevent the cutting attachment from bouncing on the branch. WARNING: The saw chain will start to •...
To stop the product skin. It can also cause electrical shock if the spark plug cap has been damaged. Do not use a product with a damaged spark plug 1. Move the stop switch into the stop position to stop the engine.
Maintenance Daily Weekly Monthly Clean the outside of the spark plug. Remove it and do a check of the electrode To examine the spark plug gap. Adjust the gap to the correct distance (refer to on page 17 ) or replace the spark plug. Make sure that the spark plug is fitted with a suppressor.
3. Remove the screw holding the spark arrestor mesh. 4. Clean the spark arrestor mesh if it is blocked or replace it if it is damaged. CAUTION: The spark arrestor mesh must be replaced if it is damaged. Do not use a To examine the spark plug product if the spark arrestor mesh on the muffler is missing or defective.
To clean the air filter CAUTION: A air filter that is damaged, very dirty or soaked with fuel must always be replaced. If you use an air filter for a long time it cannot be fully cleaned. Replace the air filter with a new one at regular intervals.
3. Clean the groove in the guide bar. Replace a worn or damaged guide bar or saw chain with the guide bar and saw chain combination recommended by Husqvarna. This is necessary to keep the safety Accessories on page functions of the product. Refer to 25 , for a list of replacement bar and chain combinations that we recommend.
Round file diameter. It is not easy to sharpen a saw chain correctly without General information about how to sharpen the correct equipment. Use Husqvarna file gauge. This the cutters will help you to keep maximum cutting performance. Do not use a blunt saw chain. If the saw chain is blunt,...
Filing equipment and filing angles on Note: Refer to page 25 for information about which file and gauge that Husqvarna recommends for your saw chain. 1. Use a flat file and a depth gauge tool to adjust the depth gauge setting. Only use Husqvarna depth 2.
3. Lift the front of the guide bar and turn the chain 2. Fill with Husqvarna saw chain oil. tensioning screw. Use a wrench. 3. Attach the cap again. To check the chain lubrication 1. Check the chain lubrication each time you refuel.
Troubleshooting The engine does not start Check Possible cause Procedure Stop switch. The stop switch is in the stop posi- Let an approved service agent re- tion. place the stop switch. Fuel tank. Incorrect fuel type. Drain the fuel tank and fill with cor- rect fuel.
4. Do a complete servicing of the product. groove in the guide bar. CAUTION: If the saw chain and guide bar are not cleaned, they can become rigid or blocked. Technical data Technical data 525P4S 525P5S Engine Cylinder displacement, cm 25.4 25.4 Cylinder bore, mm Stroke, mm Recommended max.
The part numbers are given in the table below. Using Husqvarna file gauge will give you the correct If you do not know which saw chain you have on your filing angles. We recommend you to always use a product, turn to your servicing dealer.
Husqvarna AB, SE-561 82 Huskvarna, Sweden, tel: +46-36-146500, declares that the pole saws Husqvarna 525P4S and 525P5S with serial numbers dating from 2016 onwards (the year is clearly stated on the rating plate, followed by the serial number), comply with the requirements of the COUNCIL’S DIRECTIVE:...