20. The contained lithium-ion batteries are subject to the Dangerous Goods Legislation requirements. For commercial
transports e.g. by third parties, forwarding agents, special requirement on packaging and labeling must be
observed. For preparation of the item being shipped, consulting an expert for hazardous material is required.
Please also observe possibly more detailed national regulations. Tape or mask off open contacts and pack up the
battery in such a manner that it cannot move around in the packaging.
21. Follow your local regulations relating to disposal of battery.
22. Use the batteries only with the products specified by Makita. Installing the batteries to non-compliant products
may result in a fire, excessive heat, explosion, or leak of electrolyte.
CAUTION: Only use genuine Makita batteries.
Use of non-genuine Makita batteries, or batteries that have been altered, may result in the battery bursting causing
fires, personal injury and damage. It will also void the Makita warranty for the Makita product and charger.
Tips for maintaining maximum battery life:
1. Charge the battery cartridge before completely discharged. Always stop the operation and charge the battery
cartridge when you notice less power.
2. Never recharge a fully charged battery cartridge. Overcharging shortens the battery service life.
3. Charge the battery cartridge with room temperature at 10°C–40°C (50°F–104°F). Let a hot battery cartridge cool
down before charging it.
4. Charge the battery cartridge if you do not use it for a long period (more than six months).
IN ORDER TO ENSURE THE BATTERY MAXIMUM PERFORMACE, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE BATTERY
CARTRIDGE SHOULD BE CHARGED BEFORE BEING USED FOR THE FIRST TIME.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This fan is equipped with 3-speed control, fan head oscillation, and auto-off timer functions. Power supply
can be with Makita battery cartridge or AC adaptor (optional accessory).
Dimensions (L x W x H)
Net weight (without battery cartridge)
Only use the battery cartridges listed above. Use of any other battery cartridges may cause injury and/or fire.
Battery running time
Following table refers to some of battery cartridges from Makita. The estimated running time of full charged
battery is shown :
[10.8 V / 10.8 V - 12 V max]
BL1015, BL1016, BL1020B,
BL1021B, BL1040B, BL1041B
100–240V, 50/60 Hz, 0.6 A max
185 x 260 x 284 mm
BL1415, BL1415N, BL1430,
BL1430B, BL1440, BL1450,
BL1815, BL1815N, BL1820,
BL1820B, BL1830, BL1830B,
BL1840, BL1840B, BL1850,
12 V 1.5 A
185 x 272 x 284 mm