TAPE DECK ADJUSTMENT
1. Azimuth Adjustment
• Be sure to clean the heads before attempting to make any adjustment.
• Be sure both channels (1 and 2) are the same level. (Using a dual-channel oscilloscope)
• Be sure both channel's waveform are same for the phase matching.
• After completion of the adjustment, use the threadlock (TB-1401B) to secure the azimuth adjustment screws.
1. Load a test tape (VTT-738 etc. : 10kHz) in the Deck.
2. Press the PLAY button. (Normal playback)
3. Use a + tip screwdriver to turn the screw for normal azimuth adjustment so that the left and right outputs are maximized at
the same phase during normal playback.
4. Press the PLAY button. (Reverse playback)
5. Use a + tip screwdriver to turn the screw for reverse azimuth adjustment so that the left and right outputs are maximized at
the same phase during reverse playback.
6. Adjust so that the waveforms for the left and right channels are in alignment.
2. Replacement of Head
3. Parts Location
TAPE DECK SECTION
- 46 -