Thank you very much for purchasing the Yamaha RTX5000.
Please carefully read this manual before use to ensure appropriate installation and configuration.
Please ensure to follow all the warnings and precautions provided in this manual in thereby ensuring appropriate
and safe use.
Please retain this manual in a safe place for future reference.
Please ensure you have all the following accessories
• Power Cable (1 pc)
• LAN cable (1 pc)
• Serial Cable (1 pc)
• Power Cable Clamp (1 pc)
• Metal Fittings & Screws for Rack Mount (2 Metal Fittings, 10 Screws)
• Instruction Manual (this document)
• CD-ROM (1 pc)
Particular usage in this manual
The following product names will be abbreviated as below in this manual
• Yamaha RTX5000: This product
• 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T Cable: LAN Cable
• All the company and product names used in this manual are registered trademarks or trademarks of the
• This product is equipped with RSA® BSAFE™ software of RSA Security Inc. RC4 and BSAFE are the
registered trademarks of RSA Security Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
• This document provides information on using the basic functions of the product. More detailed information is available from the
following website, (http://www.yamaha.com/products/en/network/). Please ensure to refer to it as necessary.
• No part of this document may be copied or used in any form without prior permission from Yamaha.
• The contents of this document and the specifications for main body may be changed for improvement without advanced notice.
• Our company cannot accept any responsibility for any damages such as the loss of any information that occurs as a result of using the
product. Please be forewarned.
Caution when Transferring/Disposing of the Product
• When transferring/disposing of the product please perform the following.
1. Delete the netvolante DNS registration.
2. Initialize all the configurations.
• If you transfer the product you will also need to transfer the instruction manuals.
• A lithium battery is used in the product as a power backup for the clock function. Ensure to follow the
instructions of your local government when disposing of the battery.
Please ensure to carefully read and observe the following precautions in thereby ensuring safe use of the product.
The cautionary advice provided in this document concerns the appropriate and safe use of the product and the
prevention of any risk to customers and other people, or damage to any assets.
Please ensure to retain it somewhere anyone using the product can access at any time after having first thoroughly
This product is intended for use in general offices and was not designed for use in any fields requiring a high
degree of reliability in the handling of human lives or valuable assets.
Please ensure to only use the included dedicated power cable. Failure to observe this could result in fire,
electric shock, or damage to the product.
Ensure to immediately remove the power cable from the outlet in case of any of the following. Failure to
observe this could result in fire or an electric shock.
• Any abnormal odor or noise occurs;
• Smoke is emitted;
• The product is broken; or
• The product has been exposed to water.
Ensure not to handle the product and power cable with wet hands. Failure to observe this could result in
electric shock or damage to the product.
Do not insert any metal, paper, or foreign objects into any of the gaps in the panel. Failure to observe this
could result in fire, electric shock, or damage to the product.
Do not disassemble or alter this product in any way. Failure to observe this could result in fire, electric
shock, or damage to the product.
Ensure not to damage the cable. Failure to observe this could result in fire, electric shock, or damage to the
• Ensure not to place any heavy objects on the cable.
• Ensure not to process the cable in any way.
• Ensure not use any staples to fix the cable in place.
• Ensure not to apply excessive force to the cable.
• Ensure to keep the cable away from anything hot.
Please ensure to only use a power source voltage designated. Use of the product with a different power
voltage could result in fire, electric shock, and damage to the product.
Connect the power plug to an outlet that you can see and reach in thereby ensuring that you can easily
remove it if the necessity arises.
10. Ensure to fully and securely insert the power plug into the outlet. Being insufficiently inserted could result in
an electric shock. It could also lead to dust accumulating on the plug, which could then result in heat or fire.
11. Ensure not to touch any of the ports with your fingers or anything metallic. Failure to observe this could
result in electric shock or damage to the product.
12. Ensure the product does not fall or strongly impacted. The internal parts could break, which could then result
in electric shock, fire, or damage to the product.
13. Ensure not to install the product anywhere dusty/humid, or where it will be exposed to oily smoke/steam,
corrosive gas. Failure to observe this could result in fire, electric shock, or damage to the product.
14. Ensure adequate heat ventilation. Failure to observe this could result in fire or damage to the product.
• Ensure not to cover the product with a cloth or tablecloth.
• Ensure the product does not get pushed into a narrow, poorly ventilated place.
• Ensure the ventilation holes and fan do not get blocked.
15. The RTX5000 utilizes a fan to cool the inside of the equipment down. Ensure to periodically confirm that
the fan is operating normally. If the fan does fail then it will not cool the equipment down enough and could
result in fire or damage to the equipment. Ensure to immediately turn off the equipment if the fan does fail.
16. Ensure not to touch the product or the power cable if you hear any thunder. Failure to observe this could
result in electric shock.
17. Please install the product transverse. Installation of the product upside down or longitudinal results in fire,
electric shock, or failure.
18. Ensure not to install the product anywhere unstable or where it will be exposed to vibrations as it could fall
over or turn upside down, thus resulting in injury or damage to the product.
19. Ensure not to install the product anywhere it will be exposed to direct sunlight or extraordinarily high
temperatures (near a heater, etc.). Failure to observe this could result in damage to the product.
20. Ensure not to use the product anywhere it will be exposed to rapid changes in the ambient temperature. Any
rapid change in the ambient temperature could result in condensation on the product, which could then result
in damage to the product. Ensure to leave the product for a while until it has dried off with the power turned
off if any condensation has occurred.
21. Ensure not to stack the product with other equipment. Failure to observe this could result in heat building up
and damage to the product.
22. Ensure to use the included screws when you mount the product on a rack. Using screws not included may
result in the cause of failure and drop off.
23. Ensure to earth any static electricity from your body or clothing before touching the product. Failure to
observe this could result in damage to the product.
Our company does not take any responsibility for all of losses occurred as the result of wrong usage and
settings of this product, so please be forewarned.
Please do not place the product on the location where magnetic field is strong.
Ensure not to connect any noise generating devices on the same power line as the product. Failure to observe
this could result in a malfunction or damage to the product.
Use of the product can result in noise being generated in telephones, radios, and TVs. If any noise does
occur then please change the place or direction in which the product is installed.
A 1000BASE-T connection will require an Enhanced Category 5 (CAT5e) or better LAN cable.
Do not wire communication cable closer to power cable, etc. Large induced voltage could result in
During the time when you do not use this product, ensure to remove the power plug from outlet.
If you reprovision the power of this product to be ON, take interval for more than 10 seconds after PWR
Do not turn the power of this product to be OFF during revision up and setting saving. Failure to observe
this could result in the possibility, unable normal start-up of this product.
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
This License Agreement (the "AGREEMENT") is a legal agreement between you and Yamaha Corporation
("YAMAHA") under which YAMAHA is providing the firmware of YAMAHA's router products (the
"PRODUCT") and related software program, documentation and electronic files (collectively, the
This AGREEMENT applies to the SOFTWARE which YAMAHA provides you and the installed copy thereof,
subject to the provision of 1-1 herein, into the PRODUCT or personal computer owned by you.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE:
1-1. YAMAHA grants you a personal non-exclusive license to install the SOFTWARE and use the SOFTWARE
on the PRODUCT or other devices, including but not limited to the personal computer, which you own.
1-2. You shall not assign, sublicense, sell, rent, lease, loan, convey or otherwise transfer to any third party, upload
to a web site or a server computer to which specified or unspecified persons may access, or copy, duplicate,
translate or convert to another programming language the SOFTWARE except as expressly provided herein.
You shall not alter, modify, disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer the SOFTWARE and you
also shall not have any third party to do so.
1-3. You shall not modify, remove or delete a copyright notice of YAMAHA contained in the SOFTWARE.
1-4. Except as expressly provided herein, no license or right, express or implied, is hereby conveyed or granted
by YAMAHA to you for any intellectual property of YAMAHA.
2. OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT:
The SOFTWARE is protected under the copyright laws and owned by YAMAHA. You agree and acknowledge
that YAMAHA transfers neither ownership interest nor intellectual property in the SOFTWARE to you under this
AGREEMENT or otherwise.
3. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS:
You agree to comply with all applicable export control laws and regulations of the country involved, and not to
export or re-export, directly or indirectly, the SOFTWARE in violation of any such laws and regulations.
4. SUPPORT AND UPDATE:
YAMAHA, YAMAHA's subsidiaries and affiliates, their distributors and dealers are not responsible for
maintaining or helping you to use the SOFTWARE. No updates, bug-fixes or support will be made available to
you for the SOFTWARE.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY:
5-1. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
5-2. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA, YAMAHA'S SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR
DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING
WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION,
LOSS OF BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF THE SOFTWARE, USE THEREOF, OR INABILITY TO USE
THEREOF EVEN IF YAMAHA, YAMAHA'S SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR
DISTRIBUTORS OR DEALERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR
EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5-3. YAMAHA, YAMAHA'S SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND
DEALERS SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY YOU AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR
SUIT BROUGHT BY A THIRD PARTY ALLEGING THAT THE SOFTWARE OR USE THEREOF
INFRINGES ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF SUCH THIRD PARTY.
6-1. This AGREEMENT becomes effective upon your agreeing the terms and conditions herein and continues in
effect unless or until terminated in accordance with the provision of 6-2 or 6-3 herein.
6-2. You may terminate this AGREEMENT by deleting the SOFTWARE installed into the PRODUCT.
6-3. This AGREEMENT will also terminate if you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this
6-4. In case this AGREEMENT is terminated in accordance with the provision 6-3, you shall promptly delete the
6-5. Notwithstanding anything contains herein, Sections 2 through 6 shall survive any termination or expiration
In the event that any provision of this AGREEMENT is declared or found to be illegal by any court or tribunal
of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be null and void with respect to the jurisdiction of that court or
tribunal and all the remaining provisions of this AGREEMENT shall remain in full force and effect.
8. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The SOFTWARE is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of
"commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in
48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June
1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the SOFTWARE with only those rights set forth herein.
You agree that this AGREEMENT is the complete and exclusive statement of agreement between you and
YAMAHA concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes all proposals or prior agreements, verbal
or written, and any other communications between you and the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
NO amendment to this AGREEMENT shall be effective unless signed by a duly authorized representative of
10. GOVERNING LAW:
This AGREEMENT shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the lows of Japan without reference
to the principles of conflict of laws.
Open Source Software Used in this Product
Please refer to YAMAHA Network Equipment Home Page for the details of licensing article.