1. Grass blade Note: National or local regulations can regulate the use. 2. Saw blade Comply to given regulations. 3. Trimmer head 4. Bevel gear Only use the product with accessories that are approved Accessories on page 28 . by the manufacturer. See 5.
The product agrees with the applicable EC directives. Air purge bulb. The rating plate shows the serial number. yyyy is the production year, ww is the yyyywwxxxx production week and xxxx Start button. is the sequential number. Note: Other symbols/decals on the product refer to Fill fuel.
• When you use a saw blade or a grass blade, make distance of a minimum of 2 times the tree height and sure that the correct handlebar, the blade guard and a minimum of 15 m. the harness are attached to the product. •...
Approved protective goggles must comply with the devices regularly. If the safety devices are defective, ANSI Z87.1 standard in the USAs or EN 166 in EU speak to your Husqvarna service agent. countries. • Do not make changes to safety devices. Do not use...
1. Press the throttle trigger (B) and make sure that it is To do a check of the stop switch locked. 1. Start the engine. 2. Move the stop switch to the stop position and make sure that the engine stops. 2.
3. Make sure you attach the elements of the vibration WARNING: The mufflers become very hot damping system are correctly. during and after operation, also at idle speed. Use protective gloves to prevent burn injuries. The muffler keeps noise levels to a minimum and sends exhaust fumes away from the operator.
Be careful with fuel. Fuel is flammable and the fumes • Only do the maintenance as this owner's manual are explosive and can cause injuries or death. recommends. Let an Husqvarna service agent do all other servicing. 171 - 001 - 20.10.2017...
• Let an approved Husqvarna service agent do • Replace damaged, worn or broken parts. servicing on the product regularly. Assembly Introduction To assemble the handlebar 1. Remove the knob and attach the handlebar as given WARNING: Before you assemble the in the illustration.
To attach the grass blade and the grass blade 4. Tighten the knob. guard/combination guard To assemble the cutting equipment The cutting equipment includes a cutting attachment and a cutting attachment guard. WARNING: Use protective gloves. WARNING: Always use the cutting 1.
8. Tighten the nut with the socket wrench. Hold the 4. Put the saw blade (D) and the support flange (F) on shaft of the socket wrench near the blade guard. the output shaft. Tighten in the opposite direction to how the cutting attachment rotates.
3. Put the locking pin (C) in the groove on the bolt head 4. Attach the strap (A) in correct position for grass and tighten the bolt fully. clearing or forestry clearing. 5. Tighten the hip strap tightly. Make sure that the hip To attach a trimmer head or plastic blade strap aligns with the hip bone.
10. Adjust the shoulder strap to make the product weigh 11. Adjust the side straps around the rib cage until the equally on your shoulders. breastplate is aligned with the center of your chest. 12. Adjust the height of the suspension point, see Product overview on page 2 .
• If Husqvarna two-stroke engine oil is not available, hit or if they have cracks. use a different high quality two-stroke engine oil. Use only an air cooled engine oil. •...
point. With correct balance, the risk of hitting stones if 2. Push the start button. you release the handlebar is decreased. 3. Hold the body of the product on the ground with your left hand. Do not step on the product. For grass clearing, the product is correctly balanced when the blade is at cutting height near the ground.
blade thrust. The risk increases with the thickness of the branch that is cut. To stop the engine • Move the stop switch to the stop position. General work instructions WARNING: Be careful when you cut a tree that is in tension. It can spring back to its normal position before or after the cut and hit you or the product, and cause injury.
Forestry clearing with a saw blade 3. Pull the saw blade forward with a fast movement. To fell a tree to the left To fell to the left, push the bottom of the tree to the right. 1. Apply full throttle. 2.
Brush cutting with a saw blade • Keep the support cup with a light pressure against the ground to make sure that the grass blade does To fell to the left, push the bottom of the tree to the right. not hit the ground.
2. A grass blade is used for all types of tall or coarse 3. Do not let the trimmer head touch the ground grass. continuously, it can cause damage to the trimmer head. 3. The grass is cut down with a sideways, swinging movement, where the movement from right-to-left is 4.
Maintenance Daily Weekly Monthly Examine the harness for damages. Examine the quick-release mechanism release on the harness for damages and make sure that it operates correctly. To do a Do a check of the throttle trigger lockout and the throttle trigger, see check of the throttle trigger lockout on page 6 .
To clean the muffler 4. Clean around the starter pawls with a brush, to make sure that they can move freely. WARNING: The muffler gets very hot during Air filter and after operation, also at idle speed. Risk of fire and burn injuries. A dirty air filter can cause carburetor malfunction, start problems, loss of engine power and wear to engine 1.
The bevel gear is filled to ¾ with grease at the factory. Before use, make sure that the grease level has not changed. Use Husqvarna special grease if it is necessary to fill up. Do not change the grease in the bevel gear.
6. If the engine does not operate correctly, do step 4 and 5 again 3 times. 7. Let your Husqvarna dealer adjust/repair the product if the engine does not operate correctly after you have done all these steps.
• Adjust the blade set to 1 mm with the recommended • For 545FXT AT, make sure that the wire is lubricated setting tool. Refer to the instructions that come with when you operate the product in cold environments. the blade. •...
Troubleshooting The engine does not start Check Possible cause Procedure Stop switch. The stop switch is in the stop posi- Let an approved service agent re- tion. place the stop switch. Starter pawls. The starter pawls cannot move free- Remove the starter cover and clean around the starter pawls.
Technical data Technical data 545RXT AT 545FX AT 545FXT AT Engine Cylinder displacement, cm 45.7 45.7 45.7 Cylinder bore, mm Stroke, mm Idle speed, rpm 2700 2700 2700 Speed of output shaft, rpm 8800 9700 9700 Max. engine output, according to ISO 8893, 2.2/9000 2.2/9000 2.2/9000...
545RXT AT 545FX AT 545FXT AT Equipped with trimmer head (original), left/ 3.2/3.2 right Equipped with grass blade (original), left/right 3.3/3.5 Equipped with saw blade (original), left/right – 2.9/3.3 3.5/3.2 Accessories Accessories 545RXT AT Approved accessories Accessory type Cutting attachment guard, art. no. Centre hole in blades/knives, Ø...
SMP Svensk Maskinprovning AB, Box 7035, SE-750 07 +46-36-146500, declares that the brush cutters Uppsala, Sweden, has also verified agreement with Husqvarna 545RXT AT, 545FX AT and 545FXT AT with appendix V of the council’s directive 2000/14/EG. serial numbers dating from 2016 onwards (the year is...