Traveler PSIII (P/N 0230051) Installation
The Traveler PSIII handset provides crystal clear wireless PCS communication for large intra-facility areas. The handset
Directory Dial (100)
Speed Dial (20)
Last Number Redial (10)
Calling Number Redial (10)
The operation is similar to the PSII handset, however, because of different keys, the registration
process as well as some feature operations are slightly different.
The Traveler Installation and User Guide (P/N 85425INS**) should be used to install and program the
phone, however, when registering the PSIII, follow the steps below.
3201 - Traveler PS Download/Registration
Use this program to register each Traveler telephone (PS terminal) to a system extension port. There are
two ways to register a Traveler port number. The first allows the system to automatically select an idle port
(from lowest available port number) using Program 3201. The second option is for the installer to decide
which port number is to be used.
When allowing the system to automatically select a port, the steps below must be followed in the order shown or the system will
cancel the download at the point of the error. If an error occurs, press the HOLD key to cancel the download.
To enter data for Program 3201 (PS Download/Registration):
1. Enter the system programming mode.
2. 3201 + HOLD
3. Enter the extension port you want to assign (124i Enhanced: 9-200, 384i: 33-640) + HOLD
Enter "0" + HOLD to have the system automatically assign an available port.
4. Remove the back panel of the PS (telephone) and remove the battery. Look for the 6- or 7-digit PS ID number printed
on the ID seal (the leading "0" can be ignored).
5. Replace the battery and back panel of the PS. Press and hold the
The PS is in Download Ready mode.
6. Enter the PS ID number into the keyset + HOLD.
7. Wait until the PS receives a signal from the CS. The PS will sound an Out-of-Service-Area beep and the display shows the
8. Press 1 + HOLD
9. The programming display indicates:
- Over -
keys on the PS for 10 seconds.