Checking the bundled items
• Camera (1)
Camera is set in the Waterproof Case. Open the cover of the case as illustrated
• Micro USB cable (1)
• Rechargeable battery pack (NP-BX1) (1)
• Waterproof Case (1)
Digital HD Video Camera Recorder
• Attachment Buckle (1)
• Flat Adhesive Mount (1)
• Curved Adhesive Mount (1)
• Tripod Adaptor (1)
• Startup Guide (this document) (1)
• Reference Guide (1)
Name of main parts
For the detailed information on how to use the camera and software,
visit the following Web site.
Battery pack/memory card cover
REC/access/CHG (charge) lamp
To edit movies, use the PC software dedicated to the camera "Action
REC HOLD switch
Cam Movie Creator." You can download it from the following Web site.
REC (Movie/Photo) button/
ENTER (Menu execute) button
IR remote receiver
The information on the sticker (in the perforated box, below) is required
when connecting the camera to a smartphone.
PREV (previous menu) button
NEXT (next menu) button
Connector cover (Multi/Micro USB
Open the connector cover and connect the camera to an
activated computer with the micro USB cable (supplied).
Charging the battery pack
Slide the lock lever until the yellow mark can be seen to
open the cover.
Insert the battery pack.
Inserting a memory card
Slide the battery ejection lever.
Align the mark as illustrated.
Close the cover.
Confirm that the yellow mark on the lock lever is not visible.
• Insert the memory card properly, confirming each side is facing the
Confirm that the camera is turned off.
• To eject the memory card, lightly push the memory card once.
To turn off the camera, press the NEXT or PREV button several
* Use an SDXC card (Class10) when recording movies in XAVC S.
times to display [PwOFF], and press the ENTER button.
• Operation with all memory cards is not assured.
• Confirm the direction of the memory card. If you forcibly insert the memory card
in the wrong direction, the memory card, memory card slot, or image data may
Lights in amber
• Format the memory card before use.
• Confirm that the connector cover and the battery pack/memory card cover are
securely closed and any foreign matter is not stuck in the cover before use.
Otherwise, it may result in water immersion.
Setting the clock
Press the NEXT or PREV button and select [SETUP] [CONFG]
[DATE] to set the date and time, and region.
Micro USB cable
Press the NEXT or PREV button to turn the camera on.
Press the NEXT or PREV button to select the desired
Press the REC button to start recording.
To stop recording, press the REC button again.
* When you press the REC button while the camera is turned off,
recording starts with the last shooting mode set before the
camera was turned off.
• During periods of extended shooting, camera temperature may rise to a point
where shooting stops automatically.
• Playback of images recorded with other cameras, is not assured on this camera.
You can change the shooting mode and various settings of the camera
in [SETUP] mode.
Press the NEXT or PREV button to display [SETUP] and press
the ENTER button.
Press the NEXT or PREV button to display the item to set
and press the ENTER button.
© 2015 Sony Corporation
Printed in China