• The Bluetooth wireless technology enabled device
must support A2DP profiles.
• Connection is not always guaranteed with all Bluetooth-
Pairing with the unit
Press the Í and turn the power to the unit
When you press the
controller, [PAIRING] is displayed on this unit's
display, and the pairing mode is enabled.
Enable (turn on) the Bluetooth function of
the Bluetooth capable device, then select this
unit from amongst the devices displayed. If a
password is requested, enter "0000".
• This unit will be displayed as "Pioneer X-SMC02" on all
Bluetooth capable devices that you have.
• Please refer to the user's manual for your Bluetooth
capable device for details on when pairing can be
performed and the procedures required for pairing.
The name of the Bluetooth capable device
will be displayed on the front panel of the unit.
• Only single-byte alphanumeric characters can be
displayed. Any character that cannot be displayed will
be indicated by a "*".
button on the remote
The unit will switch to BT AUDIO input.
A Bluetooth connection will be created
between the Bluetooth capable device and the
Procedures for connecting to the unit should be performed
from the Bluetooth capable device. Please refer to the user's
manual for your Bluetooth capable device for details of the
Playback music from the Bluetooth capable
device. Increase the volume of the Bluetooth
capable device to an appropriate level.
• Due to the characteristics of Bluetooth wireless
technology, the sound produced on this unit may
slightly be behind the sound played on the Bluetooth
• When Bluetooth capable devise is not connected and
no operations have been performed for more than 20
minutes, the unit will automatically power off. In this
case it is required that the Auto power off is switched to
• Auto power off can be switched to ON/OFF (page 10).
• The following can be done when the unit is on standby
with the BT STANDBY switched ON.
• By selecting a Bluetooth capable device that already
has a connection history (pairing has already been
conducted) with this unit, this unit will automatically turn
on with the BT AUDIO function.
BT STANDBY settings
Press MENU and then press / until "BT
STY" appears on the display.
Press ENTER and then press / to switch
BT STANDBY ON/OFF.
• It is set to OFF in the factory setting.