Your Black & Decker jump starter is designed to
provide additional power to lead-acid batteries when
starting car engines; the cordless compressor is
designed inflate car tyres and sports equipment. This
product is intended for household, consumer use only.
Warning! When using battery-powered appliances,
basic safety precautions, including the following,
should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire,
leaking batteries, personal injury and material damage.
• Read all of this manual carefully before using the
• The intended use is described in this manual.
The use of any accessory or attachment or the
performance of any operation with this appliance
other than those recommended in this instruction
manual may present a risk of personal injury.
• Retain this manual for future reference.
Using your appliance
Always take care when using the appliance.
• This appliance is not intended for use by young or
infirm persons without supervision.
• The appliance is not to be used as a toy.
• Use in a dry location only. Do not allow the appliance
to become wet.
• Do not immerse the appliance in water.
• Do not open body casing. There are no user-
serviceable parts inside.
• Do not operate the appliance in explosive
atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable
liquids, gases or dust.
• To reduce the risk of damage to plugs and cords
never pull the cable to remove the plug from a
• Never smoke or allow a spark or flame in vicinity of
vehicle battery, engine or this unit.
• Place this unit as far away from the battery as cables
• Never allow battery acid to come in contact with this
• Do not operate this unit in a closed area or restrict
ventilation in any way.
• When not in use, the appliance should be stored in a
dry, well ventilated place out of the reach of children.
• Children should not have access to stored
• When the appliance is stored or transported in a
vehicle it should be placed in the boot or restrained
to prevent movement following sudden changes in
speed or direction.
• The appliance should be protected from direct
sunlight, heat and moisture.
Inspection and repairs
• Before use, check the appliance for damaged or
defective parts. Check for breakage of parts, damage
to switches and any other conditions that may affect
• Do not use the appliance if any part is damaged or
• Have any damaged or defective parts repaired or
replaced by the manufacturer.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any parts other
than those specified in this manual.
The following symbols are marked on
This unit is classified as Class III
appliance in which protection against
electric shock relies on supply at safety
extra-low voltage (SELV) and in which
voltages higher than those of SELV are
Read all of this instruction manual
Reverse polarity indicator.
The unit is intended for indoor use only.
Specific safety instructions for jump
• Vehicles may have electrical and electronic systems
(e.g. engine management system, mobile phone)
that may be damaged if subjected to high starting
voltages and voltage peaks. Before connecting the
appliance to the vehicle read the vehicle's owner's
manual to confirm that external-starting assistance
• Follow these instructions and those published by
the battery manufacturer, vehicle manufacturer
and manufacturer of any equipment you intend to
use with this unit. Review warning labels on these
products and on the vehicle.
• This appliance is not designed to be used as a
replacement for a vehicular battery. Do not attempt
to operate a vehicle that does not have a battery
• The appliance must only be connected to a 12V lead-
acid battery. Do not use the appliance for charging
dry-cell batteries that are commonly used with home
appliances. These batteries may burst and cause
injury to persons and damage property.
9/12/2016 11:57:45 AM