1.1 Manually removing the cassette tape
If you cannot remove the cassette tape which is loaded be-
cause of any electrical or mechanical failures, manually remove
it by taking the following steps.
(1) Unplug the power cord plug from the power outlet.
(2) Refer to the disassembly procedure of the VCR and perform
the disassembly of the major parts before removing the
mechanism assembly. (See Fig. 1-1a)
Tension arm assembly
Pole base assembly
Pinch roller arm assembly
Direction of unloading
Digitized in Heiloo Netherland
(3) Unload the pole base assembly by manually turning the gear
of the loading motor until the pole base assembly is hidden
behind the cassette lid. In doing so, hold the tape by the hand
to keep the slack away from any grease. (See Fig. 1-1b.)
In case of mechanical failures, while keeping the tension arm
assembly free from tension, pull out the tape on the pole
base assembly. Take the spring(a) of the pinch roller arm
assembly off the hook, and detach it from the tape.
(4) Remove the screw (a) of the side frame (L/R).
(5) Hold the slack tape and cassette cover together, lift the
cassette tape, top frame, cassette holder and side frames
(L, R) together from the rear and remove them by dis-
engaging the hooks (a) and (b).
(6) Take up the slack of the tape into the cassette. This com-
pletes removal of the cassette tape.