Setting Surface Burner Controls
Regular Burner Knobs
Setting the Bridge Burner
Figure 2 - Bridge Burner
Setting the Simmer / Regular / Power / Turbo Boil Burners
Operating the Regular Burner:
1. Place cooking utensil on surface burner.
2. Push the surface control knob down and turn counterclockwise out of the OFF
position (See Figure 1).
3. Release the knob and rotate to the LITE position.
Note: All four (or ﬁ ve) electronic surface ignitors will spark at the same time. However,
only the burner you are turning on will ignite.
4. Visually check that the burner has a ﬂ ame.
5. Once the burner is lit, continue to turn counterclockwise to the desired ﬂ ame size.
The control knobs DO NOT have to be set at a particular setting. Use the knob indicator
settings to adjust the ﬂ ame as needed.
control knob in the LITE position (The electronic ignitor will continue to spark if the knob is
left in the LITE position).
Setting the Bridge Burner
The Bridge Burner should be used with rectangular shaped cookware.
Cookware like a cast-iron Griddle is designed speciﬁ cally for best results
with the Bridge Burner.
The Bridge Burner feature may be used to combine the cooking power of 2
or if needed 3 gas surface Burners located along the left-hand side of the
cooktop. The left rear and left center Burners are controlled by the left rear
surface Control Knob. In addition the left front Burner may be added to the
Bridge Burner with the left front gas Control Knob.
Operating the Bridge Burner
1. Push the left rear surface control knob in and turn counterclockwise
out of the OFF position (See Figure 2).
2. Release the knob and rotate to the LITE position (See Figure 2). Note:
All electronic surface ignitors will spark at the same time. However, only
the selected surface Burner will lite.
3. Visually check that the rear Burner has lit.
4. Continue to rotate the gas control knob counterclockwise past the ﬁ rst
5. Visually check that both the rear and center Burners are lit.
6. When both Burners are lit, continue to turn the control knob
counterclockwise to adjust to the desired ﬂ ame size for both Burners
together. Note: The markings between bridge HI and bridge LO
settings on the control knob are used for adjusting the ﬂ ame size for
7. Add the front Burner if needed. Once lit, visually adjust the ﬂ ame size of
the front Burner to match the ﬂ ame size of the Bridge Burner.
LITE position (The electronic ignitor will continue to spark if the knob is left in
the LITE position).
Note: If only the rear surface Burner is needed, adjust the settings between
the 1st HI and LO.
Note: The front Burner may be added to the Bridge Burner by setting the left
front gas Control Knob.
DO NOT cook with any of the surface control knobs in the
DO NOT cook with the surface