For more information see “Edge Screen” on page 44. passwords in certain apps. You can also use your eyes Flexible Security to verify your identity when logging in to your Samsung account. Use your face, fingerprint, or iris to unlock your device.
Assemble Your Device Caution: Exercise care when using the removal tool to eject the internal SIM card/Memory card tray. This section helps you to assemble your device. 1. Insert the removal tool into the hole on the SIM card/Memory card tray, and then push until the Install the SIM Card and a tray pops out.
Charge the Battery 4. Slide the SIM card/Memory card tray back into the slot. Note: You should dry the inside of the charging port Note: Your device is IP68 rated for dust and water before inserting a power connector to charge your resistance.
USB cable from the device when charging is complete. Note: This device is also compatible with wireless charging devices approved by Samsung, which are sold separately. When to Charge the Battery When the battery is low and only a few minutes of operation remain, the device sounds a warning tone at regular intervals.
If the lower part of the device overheats, check for damage to the connected USB cable. Replace the damaged USB cable with a new Samsung-approved cable. If using a wireless charger, do not place foreign materials between the device and the wireless charger.
Reverse Charging To turn the device off: 1. Press and hold the Power key until the The included USB connector allows you to charge Device options menu is displayed. another device through a USB cable. 2. Tap Power off, and confirm if prompted. You can also use the USB connector for transferring contacts, photos, and other content from an old device.
Restart the Device Voice Assistant provides voice prompts and descriptions of items on the screen to improve If your device stops responding to taps or finger accessibility. gestures and you are unable to turn it off, you can restart your device. Google Account ►...
“Factory Data Reset” on page 168. If you have more than one Google Account set up on your device, tap the Google Account you Caution: Before shipping your device back to Samsung want to remove. or taking it to your nearest Samsung‑authorized service center, you should remove your Google Account before 3.
2. Follow the prompts and select the content to Smart Switch app. transfer. Visit samsung.com/smartswitch for more information and to learn how to use the USB connector to transfer content faster. Set Up Your Voicemail You can access your voicemail from a Home screen.
Front View Earpiece Front camera Proximity sensors Iris scanner Iris detection LED Volume keys Power key Bixby key Learn About Your Device...
• • Proximity sensor Volume keys Turns off the screen and disables touch Adjust the volume for ringtones, calls, functionality when the device is in close notifications, and system sounds. proximity to the human body. In the camera app, press a volume key to take a Turns the screen back on and enables touch photo.
Status Bar The Status bar at the top of the Home screen provides device information (such as network status, battery charge, and time) on the right side and notification alerts on the left. Status Icons Battery full 4G LTE active ™...
Notification Icons Missed call New message Call in progress File download in progress Call on hold File upload in progress New email GPS active New Gmail App updates available New voicemail App updates complete Learn About Your Device...
Notification Panel Settings Quick settings View all Notification cards Learn About Your Device...
View the Notification Panel You can also open or close the Notification panel by swiping up or down on the fingerprint sensor. You can access the Notification panel from any Home To open using the Fingerprint scanner: screen. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1.
Quick Settings In addition to notifications, the Notification panel also provides quick access to device functions such as Wi-Fi, allowing you to quickly turn them on or off. To view additional Quick settings and customize the Quick settings that display: 1.
• Customize Your Home Change the order of screens: Touch and hold a screen, and then drag it to a new position. Screen • Add a screen: Swipe to the end of the screens, and then tap Add. Screens • Hello Bixby: Swipe right, and tap On/Off to enable.
Widgets 2. Tap Remove shortcut. • Widgets are simple application extensions that Removing a widget does not delete the widget, run on a Home screen. There are many kinds of it just removes the widget from the Home widgets, including links to a specific contact, screen.
• App Shortcuts Apps screen grid: Choose a dimension option to determine how icons are arranged on the You can use app shortcuts to launch an app from any Apps screen. The numbers indicate how many Home screen. icons can be placed horizontally by how many icons can be placed vertically.
To move a shortcut from one Home screen to another: 3. Tap anywhere outside of the folder to close it. • 1. Touch and hold an app shortcut to release it. To add more apps, touch and hold an app shortcut and drag it to the folder.
Use object/content recognition to translate, shop, or select apps like email and messages, sets reminders, identify a landmark. and can help you understand your settings and set up your Samsung devices. For more information, see “Bixby Vision” on page 61. Bixby Talks Bixby Recommends Use voice and written commands to interact with Bixby.
Navigation Double-Tap Lightly tap items twice to select or launch them. Learn the basics for how to navigate through your • device. Double-tap an image to zoom in or out. Touchscreen Navigation Touch and Hold Please note that a touch screen responds best to a light Touch and hold items on the screen to activate them.
Drag Common Options Touch and hold an item, and then move it to a new The device uses basic command options to perform location. common actions. • • Drag an app shortcut to add it to a Home screen. More options: Tap to view more menu options for a screen.
Text can be entered using a keyboard or by speaking. Symbol: Tap to insert symbols. Touch and hold Options for the following: Use the Samsung Keyboard Voice input: Enter text using Samsung voice Enter text using a QWERTY keyboard. input. Predictive text Clipboard: Access the clipboard.
Predictive text can learn your personal writing To enable Samsung voice input: style from your contacts, messages, Gmail, and 1. Tap Voice input on the Samsung keyboard. social networking sites — improving its accuracy • You may need to touch and hold Options (left of of predicting your text entries.
Configure Samsung Voice Input To customize Samsung voice input: 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Settings > General management > Language and input > Virtual keyboard > Samsung voice input for options. • Add input languages: Select languages for Samsung voice input.
Face Recognition Register a Face To use your face to unlock your device, you must set a Use face recognition as an alternative to entering pattern, PIN, or password. passwords in certain apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. You can set the device to use Face Recognition, to 2.
Fingerprint scanner. You can also use your fingerprint to verify your identity 3. Follow the prompts to register your fingerprint. when logging in to your Samsung account. Note: Fingerprint recognition uses the unique Fingerprint Verification characteristics of each fingerprint to enhance the Fingerprint verification can be used for other accounts security of your device.
You can also use your irises • To delete a fingerprint, touch and hold the to verify your identity when logging in to your Samsung fingerprint, and then tap Remove. Confirm when account. prompted. Warning: Some people may have dizziness, seizures, •...
Iris scanner. Do not 3. Follow the prompts to register your irises. walk or operate a vehicle while using the Iris scanner. For more information, refer to the online support content or visit samsung.com/us/irisscanner. Learn About Your Device...
Remove iris data: Delete existing irises. • Preview screen mask: Choose a mask to display when using the iris scanner. • Samsung Pass: Use your irises to verify your identity using Internet and other supported apps. • Samsung account: Enable to use your irises to verify your Samsung account when you access a feature or app that requires it.
Multi Window Window Controls Window controls in the middle of the Multitask by using multiple applications at the window border for options. same time. Snap window: Snap the selected window to the half of the screen it occupies. Switch windows: Switch locations between Multi window apps.
Enable Multi Window 2. Tap two apps that support Multi window to open them in split screen view. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. - or - 2. Tap Settings > Advanced features > If you are currently using an app that supports Multi window.
Emergency Mode Activate Emergency Mode To activate Emergency mode: Emergency mode conserves your device’s remaining power when you are in an emergency situation. 1. Press and hold the Power key to display the Device options window. Emergency mode saves battery power by: •...
• Use Emergency Mode Features Estimated usage time remaining: Display estimated standby time that can be reached based While in Emergency mode, your device conserves on current battery charge and usage. power. The following apps and features are available on •...
Edge Screen 2. Tap On/Off to enable the feature. The following options are available: The Edge screen provides a variety of useful tools for • Checkbox: Enable or disable each panel. notifications, information feeds, and timekeeping. • Edit (if available): Configure individual panels by tapping.
Size: Drag the slider to adjust the size of the To configure Apps edge: Edge screen handle. 1. From any screen, open the Edge screen, and swipe until the Apps edge panel is displayed. Transparency: Drag the slider to adjust the transparency of the Edge screen handle.
• People Edge To change the order of the contacts on the Edge panel, drag each contact to the desired location. People edge allows you to quickly communicate with contacts in your My people list. 3. Tap Back to save changes. To use People edge: Smart Select 1.
• 5. Tap Manage notifications to choose the apps that Pin to top: Pin the selection to the top of your can activate Edge lighting when a notification is screen. received. 3. Make you selection. About Edge Screen Edge Lighting You can view the current software version and license Set the Edge screen to light up when you receive calls information for the Edge screen feature.
Play Store: Download new apps from the • To return to the main Home screen, tap Google Play store. Visit play.google.com/store/apps to Home. learn more. • Galaxy Apps: View and download Samsung apps that are optimized for use with Galaxy devices. Visit samsung.com/levant/apps/mobile/galaxyapps to learn more. Apps...
Uninstall Apps Organize Apps You can uninstall or disable apps you download and Arrange the Order install. App shortcuts can be listed alphabetically or in your • Preloaded apps cannot be uninstalled. own custom order. • Apps that are disabled are turned off and hidden To change the order apps are listed: from view.
Use Folders To delete a folder: 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. You can organize App shortcuts in a folder on an Apps list screen. 2. Touch and hold a folder to delete, and then tap Delete.
Applications Settings 4. Tap More options for the following options: • Sort by size/name: Sort the apps by size or You can download and install new applications on your name. device. Use Application manager settings to manage • your downloaded and preloaded applications. Default apps: Choose or change apps that are used by default for certain features, like email or Warning: Because this device can be configured with...
• 5. Tap an application to view and update information Permissions: View permissions granted to the about the application. The following options are app for access to your device’s information. displayed: • Set as default: Set the app as a default for a •...
You can view and clear your Calculator history. The Calculator provides basic and advanced arithmetic functions. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Samsung folder > Calculator > History. Basic Operation • To return to the calculator, tap Keypad.
The Calculator app also provides advanced arithmetic functions. To use the Scientific calculator: 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Samsung folder > Calculator, and turn the device to landscape view. • If Auto rotate is not enabled, tap Rotate screen.
Calendar Calendar View To choose a calendar view: Manage your events and tasks. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Add Calendars 2. Tap Calendar > View, and then tap an option: • Add existing calendars to the Calendar app. Year: Display all twelve months of this year.
Create an Event Delete an Event You can use your Calendar to create events. You can delete events you create from your Calendar. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
Delete a Task Calendar Settings You can delete tasks you create from your Calendar. These settings allow you to modify settings associated with using the Calendar. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
Camera Shortcut 2. Tap Camera, and use the display screen as a viewfinder by aiming the camera at the subject. Open the Camera by quickly pressing the Power key While composing your picture, use the available twice. options or these gestures: 1.
• Bixby Vision Resume to resume recording. Turn on Bixby Vision and point your camera at an object • Stop to stop recording. or location to search for products online, discover new places nearby, or translate text. Video Enhancer 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Enhance the image quality of your videos.
• Rear camera Food: Take pictures that emphasize the vivid • colors of food. Auto: Allow the camera to evaluate the surroundings and determine the ideal mode Front camera for the picture. • Selfie: Take selfie shots and apply various • Pro: Manually adjust the ISO sensitivity, effects, such as an airbrushed effect.
Share Pictures and Videos Rear camera • Picture size: Select a resolution. Use higher The Gallery application lets you share pictures and resolution for higher quality. Higher resolution videos on your social networks and messaging apps. pictures take up more memory. You can also send them to another phone or your •...
• • Save pictures as previewed: Save the Grid lines: Display viewfinder grid lines to help self-portrait or self-recording as viewed on the composition when selecting subjects. camera screen, not as flipped images. • Location tags: Attach a GPS location tag to the •...
• Volume key function: Use the Volume key as the camera key, the record key, a zoom key, or for system volume. • Reset settings: Reset the camera settings. Apps...
Clock Alarm Set an alarm to ring at a specific time. The Clock app offers features for keeping track of time and setting alarms. Create an Alarm 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Create an alarm event. You can set one-time or recurring alarms, and choose options for how to be 2.
• World Clock Alarm tone and volume: Choose a sound to play for the alarm, and drag the slider to set the The World clock lets you keep track of the current time volume of the alarm. in multiple cities around the globe. •...
Stopwatch Timer The Stopwatch lets you time events down to a The Timer provides a countdown timer for up to hundredth of a second. 99 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1.
• Contacts Choose a storage account for the contact. You can store the contact on the device or sync it Store and manage your contacts with the Contacts with an account. app, which can be synchronized with a variety of your •...
Edit a Contact Share a Contact 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. When editing a contact, you can tap a field and change or delete the information, or you can add more fields to 2. Tap Contacts, and then tap the contact to the contact’s list of information.
Export Contacts To link contacts: 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. If you are saving contacts to an account that does not automatically back them up to the Cloud, you can 2. Tap Contacts, and then tap the contact to manually back them up to an optional installed SD card select it.
Mark Contacts as Favorites Delete Contacts When you mark contacts as favorites, they are easily You can delete a single contact or choose multiple accessible from other apps. Favorites display together contacts to delete. on the Favorites tab in the Phone app. 1.
Create a Group 2. Tap Contacts > More options > Groups, and then tap a group. You can create your own contact groups. 3. Tap Edit. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. • To add a contact, tap Add member, and then tap 2.
Send an Email to a Group Delete a Group You can send an email to members of a group. Preset groups cannot be deleted. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
Cricket Apps Enjoy these apps from Cricket Wireless. myCricket Access billing, make a quick payment, view usage and access support from the palm of your hand.. ► From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps, and then tap Cricket folder > myCricket.
Email 3. Tap the To field to manually add an email address or tap Add from Contacts to select a recipient Use the Email app to view and manage all your email from Contacts or Groups. accounts in one app. To add an email account, see •...
Manage the Inbox View Multiple Email Accounts You can view email you receive for multiple accounts There are several tools available from the Inbox screen. on the Combined inbox screen or you can view email 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. accounts individually.
Remove Email Accounts Email Settings To remove an email account: These settings allow you to modify settings associated with using the Email app. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
Galaxy Apps Samsung Galaxy Apps provides a quick and easy way to find and download free premium apps that are compatible with your Galaxy device. A Samsung account is required to purchase and download apps. To access the Samsung Galaxy Apps website: 1.
Gallery 4. When viewing a picture: • Swipe left or right to view the next or View, edit, and manage pictures and videos. previous picture. • Favorite to mark the image as a favorite, View Pictures and then access it from the Favorites album. Launching Gallery displays available folders.
Bixby Vision Edit Pictures Turn on Bixby Vision to find products online, discover You can edit images stored on your device. new places nearby, or translate text. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
Play Video Edit Video You can trim segments of a video. You can play videos stored on your device. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Gallery, and tap a video to view it.
Share Pictures and Videos Direct Share Share content with specific people directly using the You can share pictures and videos from your Gallery. sharing panel from within any app. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
Delete Pictures and Videos Take a Screenshot You can delete pictures and videos stored on your Capture an image of your screen. It will automatically device. create a Screenshots folder in the Gallery app. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. ►...
Google Apps Drive Open, view, rename, and share your Google Docs ™ Enjoy these apps from Google. Certain apps require a and files. Google Account. Visit google.com to learn more. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Chrome 2. Tap Google folder > Drive.
Gmail Maps Send and receive email with Gmail, Google’s web-based Find your current location and get directions and other email service. location-based information. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
Play Movies & TV Play Store Watch movies and TV shows purchased from Google Find new apps, movies and TV shows, music, books, Play. You can stream them instantly or download them magazines, and games in Google Play store. for viewing when you are not connected to the Internet. 1.
To access the Internet: currently open. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Samsung folder > Internet. View a Web Site Command Keys To view a web site: ►...
Browser Tabs Save and Open Bookmarks Bookmarking a web page saves the web address so Use tabs to view multiple web pages at the same time. that you can access it quickly. To open a new tab: To bookmark the current web page: ►...
1. Tap Bookmarks > Saved pages. To enable Secret mode: 2. Tap a saved page to open it in the browser. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Samsung folder > Internet. View History 3. Tap Tabs.
To turn off Secret mode: 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Samsung folder > Internet. 3. Tap Tabs > Turn off secret mode. Internet Settings These settings allow you to modify settings associated with using the Internet app.
Learn how to send and receive different messages picture, video, and audio messages) to and from other using the Samsung Messages app on your device. mobile phones or email addresses. To use this feature, you may need to subscribe to your service provider’s multimedia message service.
Create and Send Messages 4. Tap the Enter message field to enter a message. • Attach: Add images, audio, and more to your This section describes how to create and send a message. message using the Messages app. • Emoticon: Choose an available emoticon 1.
Send SOS Messages View New Messages Send a message with your location to designated When you receive a new message, New message contacts when you are in an emergency situation. appears on the Status bar. To enable SOS messages: To view the message: 1.
Delete Messages Messages Settings Configure the settings for text messages, multimedia To delete messages, follow these steps: messages, push messages, and more. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
There are three types of Emergency alerts: • Alerts issued by the President • Alerts involving imminent threats to safety of life (extreme and severe) • AMBER alerts (missing child alert) Users may choose not to receive Imminent alerts (extreme and severe) and AMBER alerts. Note: Alerts issued by the President cannot be disabled.
To view files in My Files: Videos: View video files. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Documents: View document files. 2. Tap Samsung folder > My Files. Downloads: View all apps and files that have been downloaded to the device.
• My Files Options Cloud storage Samsung Cloud Drive: Use a Samsung account Use My File options to search, edit, clear file history, for cloud storage. and more. Google Drive: Use a Google account for cloud 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
Phone More options Voicemail Hide the keypad Call Apps...
Make a Call To make a call from Contacts: 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps > You can make a call from a Home screen. Contacts. Using the Dialer 2. Swipe your finger across a contact to the right to call the contact.
Direct Calls Decline a Call Call the contact whose call log, message, or contact ► On the incoming call screen, drag Decline to the details are currently on the screen by bringing the left to reject the call and send it to your voicemail. device close to your ear.
While on a Call To return to the call screen: ► Drag the Status bar down to display the Notification Adjust the Call Volume panel, and then tap Call notification. ► Press the Volume keys to increase or decrease the To end a call from any application: volume.
Call Log 5. Tap Create contact. – or – The numbers of the calls you have dialed, received, or missed are stored in the Call log. If you want to replace the number for an existing contact, tap Update existing. 1.
Block a Number Create a Speed Dial You can assign 999 speed dial numbers. By adding a caller to your Block list, future calls from this number are sent directly to your voicemail, and 1. From a Home screen, tap Phone.
Emergency Calls Make a Call with Speed Dial You can make a call using Speed dial. You can dial the emergency telephone number in your region regardless of the phone’s cellular service status. 1. From a Home screen, tap Phone. •...
Voicemail Make an Emergency Call from a Locked Screen Use your phone’s voicemail feature. The emergency telephone number can be dialed even if For information on setting up voicemail, see the phone is locked, allowing anyone to use your phone “Set Up Your Voicemail” on page 14. to call for help in an emergency.
Optional Calling Services Phone Settings To access settings: Place a Multi-Party Call ► From a Home screen, tap Phone > If your service plan supports this feature, you can make More options > Settings. another call while a call is in progress. 1.
Samsung Connect Samsung Gear Control your devices by monitoring them in one place. Connect your device to your Samsung Gear using this Check the status of your devices by looking at the application. dashboard. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
Samsung Health To access Samsung Health: 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Use Samsung Health to plan, track, and manage your 2. Tap Samsung folder > Samsung Health, health goals and activities, including exercise, sleep, and read and accept the terms and conditions.
• You should also check with your doctor if you have You have a family history of heart disease before symptoms suggestive of heart, lung, or other serious age 55; disease, such as: • You smoke or quit smoking in the past six months; •...
Compose a Note 2. Tap Samsung folder > Samsung Notes. You can create notes using the Samsung Notes app. 3. Tap a note to view it. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 4. Tap the content and make edits.
Notes Options You can edit, share, or manage notes. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Samsung folder > Samsung Notes. 3. While browsing notes, tap More options for the following options: • Edit: Select notes to share, delete, or move.
Samsung Pay is the new way to pay with your ™ Samsung Pay is secure, easy to set up, and simple to Samsung Galaxy device. It is simple, secure and works use with your Samsung Galaxy device. in more stores than any other mobile payment service.
Simple Pay Use Samsung Pay Access Samsung Pay from the Screen off, Lock Screen Use Samsung Pay quickly and conveniently whenever or Home screen using Simple Pay. you have your device with you. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
2. Scroll down to “Gift cards” and click the samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/samsung-pay. See merchants link. Secure Your Information Samsung Pay is designed with the latest security technology and works on most recent Samsung Galaxy devices. Payments are authorized with your fingerprint or PIN and each transaction uses a unique token each time, so your device only allows payments with your consent.
Smart Switch Get live help, discover new features, and unlock Use Smart Switch to transfer contacts, photos, and promotions for your Samsung device. other content from your old device. ► From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps, and ►...
How to Use Settings Search for Settings If you are not sure exactly where to find a certain setting, you can use the Search feature. Access Settings 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps, and There are a couple of ways to access your device then tap Settings.
Wi-Fi Manually Connect to a Wi‑Fi Network You can connect your device to a Wi-Fi network Wi-Fi is a term used for certain types of Wireless Local manually. Area Networks (WLAN). Wi-Fi communication requires 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. access to a wireless Access Point (AP).
• Wi‑Fi Options WPS push button: Set up a connection to a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) router or other The Wi-Fi settings menu allows you to set up many of equipment. your device’s advanced Wi-Fi services. • WPS PIN entry: View the PIN used by your device 1.
Wi‑Fi Direct Share Data with Wi‑Fi Direct Share data with another device using Wi-Fi Direct. Wi-Fi Direct allows direct device-to-device connections using Wi-Fi, without having to connect to a Wi-Fi 1. Connect your phone to the device using Wi-Fi network. Direct.
Bluetooth 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth, and Bluetooth is a short-range communications technology then tap On/Off to turn on Bluetooth. that connects your device wirelessly to a number of •...
Rename a Paired Device To receive data from another device using Bluetooth: Once you have paired your device to another device, 1. When another device attempts to send a file to your you can rename the paired device to make it easier to phone using Bluetooth, you will see a request to recognize.
Phone Visibility Disconnect from a Bluetooth Device Disconnect a Bluetooth device from your phone. Allow other devices to find your mobile device and transfer files. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. To enable or disable Phone visibility: 2.
Turn Data Saver On or Off Create an Alert for Mobile Data Usage Data saver prevents some apps from sending or receiving data in the background, as well as reduce the Receive alerts when mobile data use reaches a warning frequency of data use.
Airplane Mode Additional Mobile Data Usage Options Airplane mode disconnects your device from all Configure more options for mobile data usage. networks and turns off connectivity features, such as phone calls and Wi-Fi. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. While in Airplane mode, you can use other features 2.
NFC and Payment 2. Tap Settings > Connections > NFC and payment. NFC (Near Field Communication) allows data exchange 3. Tap On/Off to turn NFC on. when you touch your device with another compatible device. 4. Tap Android Beam, and then tap On/Off to enable or disable the option.
Mobile Hotspot Connect a Device to Your Mobile Hotspot Activate Mobile hotspot to allow other devices to use Use the other device’s Wi-Fi control to connect to your device’s Internet connection. Mobile hotspot. Note: You must have a tethering plan on your service 1.
Change the Mobile Hotspot Note: Using your device as a Mobile hotspot consumes battery power and uses data service. While Mobile Password hotspot is active, your device’s applications use the Mobile hotspot data service. Roaming while using your You can change your Mobile hotspot password. device as a Mobile hotspot incurs extra data charges.
• Configure Mobile Hotspot Settings Show advanced options: Access advanced options, including Broadcast channel, and Manage your Mobile hotspot security and connecting to specify the channel your device uses for settings. Mobile hotspot. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Wi‑Fi Sharing 2.
Tethering 2. Tap Settings > Connections > Mobile networks for options: You can use USB tethering to share your device’s • Mobile data: Enable or disable mobile data Internet connection with a computer. features, such as email, web browsing, video 1.
• Location Phone only: Uses GPS only. 5. Tap Improve accuracy to use other connections for Some apps, such as Google Maps, may require determining your location: one or more location services be turned on for full • functionality. Wi‑Fi scanning: Allow apps and services to scan for Wi-Fi networks automatically, even when Locating Method Wi-Fi is turned off.
1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Printing 2. Tap Settings > Connections > Location. Print images and documents to Samsung printers and 3. Tap On/Off to turn on Location services. other compatible printers (not included). 4. Tap Google Location History and sign in to your 1.
MirrorLink Virtual Private Networks (VPN) Mirror your device’s display on your car’s entertainment and information screen using a USB connection. Set up and manage your Virtual Private Networks Note: To use this feature, your car system must support (VPNs). You must set a secured screen lock before MirrorLink.
Connect to or Disconnect from To edit or delete a VPN: Your VPN 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Settings > Connections > More connection Once you have set up a VPN connection, connecting to settings > VPN. and disconnecting from the VPN is easy.
Reset Network Settings Ethernet You can reset Wi-Fi, Mobile data, and Bluetooth Configure an Ethernet connection with your device. settings with Reset network settings. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
Sound Mode Easy Mute You can switch between sound modes, while preserving Mute sounds and video by covering the screen or the individual sound settings you have made. turning over the device. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1.
Volume Vibration Intensity Set vibration intensity levels for calls, notifications, and Set the system volume level and default volume for call feedback. ringtones, notifications, and other audio. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Volume Key Default 2.
Set the Volume Media Volume Limiter You can also set the Ringtone volume from a Home Limit the maximum output of the device’s volume. You screen by pressing the Volume key. can also set a PIN to prevent unauthorized users from changing this setting.
Ringtone Notification Sounds Choose from preset ringtones or add your own. Choose a sound for notifications, such as for new messages and event reminders. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
• Do Not Disturb Hide visual notifications: Select options for preventing visual notifications for apps silenced This setting allows you to block all notifications and by Do not disturb. alerts. The options below determine what notifications System Sounds can make sounds, and during what time periods you want to enter this mode.
• 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Keyboard sound: Play a sound when the Samsung keyboard is tapped. 2. Tap Settings > Sounds and vibration > Sound quality and effects. • Keyboard vibration: Enable vibrations when the Samsung keyboard is tapped.
Separate App Sound 4. Tap On/Off to enable each option: • UHQ upscaler: Enhance the sound resolution You can choose to have an app play sound on a speaker of music and videos for a clearer listening or headphones separate from the rest of the sounds on experience.
Block App Notifications Customize App Notifications Block notifications for apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Customize notification settings for each application individually. 2. Tap Settings > Notifications. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 3.
Screen Brightness Blue Light Filter Adjust the screen brightness to suit your surroundings Use the Blue light filter at night to help you sleep or personal preference. You may also want to adjust better. You can set a schedule to automatically turn this screen brightness to conserve battery power.
Screen Mode Screen Resolution Choose a screen mode to match your type of viewing. You can change the screen resolution level. All apps will close when you change the resolution. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1.
Screen Zoom and Font Full Screen Apps You can set the screen zoom level and the font size and Choose which apps you want to use in the full screen style. aspect ratio. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1.
Easy Mode To disable Easy mode: 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Switch between the default screen layout and a simpler 2. Tap Settings > Display > Easy mode > layout. The Easy mode layout has larger text and icons, Standard mode.
LED Indicator Navigation Bar Light up the LED indicator when charging, voice You can configure the Navigation bar background color recording, or receiving notifications. and button layout. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2.
Screen Timeout Screen Saver Turn the screen off after a set amount of time. Screen saver controls what is displayed on the screen when the device is docked (dock not included) or while 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. charging.
Smart Stay One-Handed Mode Smart stay detects your face with the front camera so Change the screen layout to accommodate operating that the screen stays on while you are looking at it. your device with one hand. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1.
Wallpapers Themes Change the look of the Home and Lock screens with Set the theme to be applied to your Home and Lock wallpaper. You can display a favorite picture or choose screens, wallpapers, and app icons. from preloaded wallpapers. 1.
Icons Always On Displays (AODs) Apply custom icons to replace built-in app icons. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Apply custom layouts for the Always On Display. 2. Tap Settings > Wallpapers and themes > Icons. 1.
Quick Optimization 2. Tap Settings > Device maintenance > Battery for options: The quick optimization feature improves device • Battery usage: View details of battery usage performance through the following actions: by item. • Identifying apps that use excessive battery power •...
Performance Mode Storage Optimize your device’s performance features to best fit View the device memory and usage. Mount, unmount, your usage. or format an optional memory card (not included). 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Device Memory 2.
To increase available memory: 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Settings > Device maintenance > Storage. 2. Tap Settings > Device maintenance > Storage. 3.
Memory Format a Memory Card Warning: When formatting an SD card, you should back Check the amount of available memory. You can close up your music and photo files that are stored on the background apps and reduce the amount of memory card because formatting the SD card deletes all the you are using to speed up your device.
Language and Input Google Voice Typing Speak rather than type your text entries using Google Configure your device’s language and input settings. Voice typing. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Change the Device Language 2. Tap Settings >...
• Physical Keyboards Offline speech recognition: Download and install speech recognition engines, allowing you Customize options when you have a physical keyboard to use voice input while not connected to the connected to your device (Sold separately). network. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. •...
Language and input > Text‑to‑speech for options: • 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Preferred TTS engine: Choose either the Samsung or Google Text-to-speech engine. 2. Tap Settings > General management > Tap Settings next to each TTS engine for Language and input.
• Date and Time Use 24‑hour format: Set the format for displaying time. By default, your device receives date and time Report Diagnostic information from the wireless network. When you are Information outside network coverage, you may want to set date and time information manually using the date and time settings.
Reset Reset Network Settings You can reset Wi-Fi, Mobile data, and Bluetooth Reset device and network settings. You can also reset settings with Reset network settings. your device to its factory defaults. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Reset Settings 2.
Note: When you sign in to a Google Account on your To reset your device: device, Factory Reset Protection is activated. This 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. protects your device in the event it is lost or stolen. 2.
Software Update Auto Restart Optimize your device by restarting it automatically Check for and install available software updates for at set times. Any unsaved data will be lost when the your device. device restarts. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1.
• Set a Screen Lock Iris: Use iris recognition to unlock the screen. 3. Select your notification preferences, if you choose a It is recommended that you secure your device using a secured lock screen option: Screen lock. • Tap On/Off to enable or disable showing 1.
• Always On Display Show always: Enable to show the Always On Display at all times. Settings Set schedule: If you disable Show always, then set a schedule for when to start and Choose what to display on a standby screen instead of end Always On Display.
► To access your device remotely, visit Use Samsung Pass to access your favorite services findmymobile.samsung.com. with biometric data. You must sign in to your Samsung account to use Samsung Pass. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
Google location service. This service must be on Lock your private content and apps to enhance security. in order to find your device. You must sign in to your Samsung account in order to • Send last location: Allow your phone to send its use Secure Folder.
Encrypt SD Card Set Up SIM Card Lock Require a numeric PIN or password to decrypt your Require your SIM card PIN to unlock and use your optional memory card (not included) when you first SIM card. access it after powering on your device. 1.
Automatic updates can also be limited to Tap Secure folder to allow it to manage your only when your device is connected to a device. Wi-Fi network. • Send security reports: Use Wi-Fi to send security reports to Samsung for threat analysis. Settings...
Credential Storage Advanced Security Settings Manage your security certificates. If a certificate authority (CA) certificate gets compromised or for some Use these options to configure advanced security other reason you do not trust it, you can disable or settings. remove it. 1.
• Usage data access: View the applications that can access your device’s usage history. • Notification access: View the applications that can access notifications you receive on your device. • Do not disturb permission: View which apps have permission to change the Do not disturb settings.
Samsung Notes: Sync your notes and Samsung Cloud. categories. • If a Samsung account has not been added, follow Samsung Internet: Sync bookmarks, saved the prompts to add one. pages, and opened tabs from your browser. 3. Once a Samsung account is configured, the Keyboard data: Sync predictive text data.
Synchronize Accounts Account Settings You can synchronize your calendar, contacts, and other Each account has its own set of settings. In addition, types of accounts. you can configure common settings for all accounts of the same type. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Account settings and available features vary between 2.
Backup and Restore Remove an Account You can remove accounts from your device. Back up your data to your Samsung or Google accounts. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Samsung Account 2. Tap Settings > Cloud and accounts > Accounts >...
Google Settings Google Account Enable backup of your information to your Google Configure your device’s Google settings. account. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. Customize Google 2. Tap Settings > Cloud and accounts > To customize your Google settings: Backup and restore for options: 1.
• Nearby: Use your device’s sensors to connect with nearby devices. • Search & Now: Configure your Google search settings and Google Now settings. ™ • Set up nearby device: Set up another device using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Settings...
Accessibility Accessibility services are special features that make using the device easier for those with certain physical disabilities. For more information about Accessibility for Samsung products, please contact us at email@example.com.
• High contrast keyboard: Adjust the size of the • Voice Assistant help: View help on using Voice Samsung keyboard and change its colors to Assistant. increase the contrast between the keys and the • Dark screen: Keep the screen turned off at all background.
• Hearing aids: Improve the sound quality for use the display because of the screen color. with hearing aids. • Samsung subtitles (CC): Use Samsung subtitles with multimedia files when available. Settings...
• • Google subtitles (CC): Use Google subtitles with Assistant menu: Improve the device multimedia files when available. accessibility for users with reduced dexterity. • • Left/right sound balance: Use the slider to set Easy screen turn on: Turn on the screen without the left and right balance when using a stereo having to press any buttons.
• More Accessibility Answering and ending calls: Select shortcuts for answering and ending calls. Settings • Single tap mode: Dismiss or snooze alarms, calendar events, and timer alerts, and answer or Customize additional accessibility features for your reject incoming calls with a single tap. device.
Manage Game Features Device Assistance App Automatically arranges all your games in one place. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps. 2. Tap Settings > Advanced features > Device assistance app.
Status: View the status of the battery, network, and other information about your device. • Legal information: View legal notices and other legal information, including your embedded Samsung legal information. • Device name: View and change your device’s name. •...
English: samsung.com/us/Legal/Phone-HSGuide (726-7864) and providing the applicable information. • For complete terms and conditions that bind you Spanish: samsung.com/us/Legal/Phone-HSGuide-SP and Samsung, refer to the “Arbitration Agreement” Tablet: section of the Terms & Conditions, included with the • Product. English: samsung.com/us/Legal/Tablet-HSGuide •...
All Intellectual Property, as defined below, owned Warranty, End User License Agreement (EULA) and by or which is otherwise the property of Samsung Health & Safety Information are also available on the or its respective suppliers relating to the Product, device, in the Samsung legal section of Settings.
Except as set forth in the Standard Limited Warranty that accompanies the Product, the purchaser takes Some software components of this product, including the product “as is”, and Samsung makes no express but not limited to ‘PowerTOP’ and ‘e2fsprogs’, or implied warranty of any kind whatsoever with...
Product. access a wide variety of content. For your protection, In addition, Samsung shall not be liable for any we want you to be aware that some applications that damages of any kind resulting from the purchase or...
Samsung Knox is Samsung’s security platform and is Note: If any liquid is found to have entered your device a mark for a Samsung device tested for security with components or an internally sealed system, this enterprise use in mind. Additional licensing fee may be condition will void your device warranty.
• • Do not expose the device to salt water or ionized The touchscreen and other features may not work water, or to water over 5.0 feet deep for more than properly if the device is used in water or in other 30 minutes.
Samsung, Samsung Galaxy, Multi Window, memory. The available capacity may change when you Samsung Gear, Samsung Pay, and Smart Switch are upgrade the device. all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.