W8735G Communication Gateway
For use with Remote Access applications monitoring
EnviraCOM™ enabled controls and sensors. Communicates
with up to four EnviraCOM™ buses for multiple appliance
• R7184 Oil Primary
• R7284 Oil Primary
• L7224 Aquastat®
• L7248 Aquastat®
• TH9421C VisionPRO® IAQ
• W8735S1016 Indoor Temperature Module for temperature
indication and alerting.
• Monitors the bus for critical events and updates the
• Monitors system power and generates power failure
• Battery backup.
• Monitor up to four separate appliances.
• Updates via phone line or network.
• Auxiliary I/O.
• Remote firmware updates.
When Installing This Product...
1. Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow the
manual could damage the product.
2. Installer must be a trained, experienced service techni-
3. Complete all wiring connections to the gateway before
powering up the 24Vac system transformer and plug-
ging in the gateway power supply into an outlet.
4. All wiring must comply with applicable local electrical
codes, ordinances and regulations.
Mount the W8735G in the equipment room near the indoor
HVAC equipment. Position the W8735G vertically so that the
power and telephone plugs are situated towards the bottom or
horizontally so that all wiring terminations face the floor,
depending on the space available. See Fig. 1.
Turn OFF all power to heating and cooling equip-
1. Position the W8735G on a wall near the indoor HVAC
equipment. Level the module for appearances only; the
module functions properly even when not level.
2. Use a pencil to mark the mounting holes to be used.
The W8735G has two external mounting holes and two
external flanges. See Fig. 2.
3. Use a minimum of one hole and one flange to mount the