English Français Deutsch Italiano Español Português Nederlands Norsk Dansk Svenska Suomi Русский Polski Magyar Čeština Slovenčina Slovenski Hrvatski Română Български Eesti Ελληνικά Türkçe 日本語 한국어 繁體中文 简体中文 Bahasa Indonesia ä·Â Ver.01.01.03...
Information for your safety and comfort Safety instructions Read these instructions carefully. Keep this document for future reference. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. Turning the product off before cleaning Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
• Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind onto or into the product. To avoid damage of internal components and to prevent battery leakage, do not •...
Warning! The grounding pin is a safety feature. Using a power outlet that is not properly grounded may result in electric shock and/or injury. Note: The grounding pin also provides good protection from unexpected noise produced by other nearby electrical devices that may interfere with the performance of this product.
Failure to follow these guidelines may cause the battery to leak acid, become hot, explode or ignite and cause injury and/or damage. Do not pierce, open or disassemble the battery. If the battery leaks and you come into contact with the leaked fluids, rinse thoroughly with water and seek medical attention immediately.
Radio frequency interference Warning! For safety reasons, turn off all wireless or radio transmitting devices when using your laptop under the following conditions. These devices may include, but are not limited to: wireless LAN (WLAN), Bluetooth and/or 3G. Remember to follow any special regulations in force in any area, and always switch off your device when its use is prohibited or when it may cause interference or danger.
viii Vehicles RF signals may affect improperly installed or inadequately shielded electronic systems in motor vehicles such as electronic fuel injection systems, electronic anti- skid (anti-lock) braking systems, electronic speed control systems, and air bag systems. For more information, check with the manufacturer, or its representative, of your vehicle or any equipment that has been added.
ENERGY STAR Acer's ENERGY STAR qualified products save your money by reducing energy cost and protecting the environment without sacrificing features or performance. Acer is proud to offer our customers products with the ENERGY STAR mark. What is ENERGY STAR? Products that are ENERGY STAR qualified use less energy and prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S.
Tips and information for comfortable use Computer users may complain of eyestrain and headaches after prolonged use. Users are also at risk of physical injury after long hours of working in front of a computer. Long work periods, bad posture, poor work habits, stress, inadequate working conditions, personal health and other factors greatly increase the risk of physical injury.
• Blink frequently to keep your eyes from drying out. Display • Keep your display clean. • Keep your head at a higher level than the top edge of the display so your eyes point downward when looking at the middle of the display. •...
First things first We would like to thank you for making an Acer notebook your choice for meeting your mobile computing needs. Product Registration When using your computer for the first time, it is recommended that you immediately register it. This will give you access to some useful benefits, such as: •...
Follow these steps to access it: From Start, simply start typing "User" to open the Search charm. Click Acer User’s Manual to open the User’s Manual on your machine. Basic care and tips for using your computer Turning your computer on and off To turn on the computer, simply press and release the power button.
Taking care of your AC adapter Here are some ways to take care of your AC adapter: • Do not connect the adapter to any other device. • Do not step on the power cord or place heavy objects on top of it. Carefully route the power cord and any cables away from foot traffic.
Information for your safety and comfort Safety instructions.............. iii Radio frequency interference ..........vii Medical devices..............vii Vehicles................viii Potentially explosive environments ........viii Emergency calls..............viii Disposal instructions ............ix ENERGY STAR............ix Tips and information for comfortable use ......x First things first Product Registration............
Optimizing battery life............21 Battery-low warning............21 Taking your notebook PC with you Disconnecting from the desktop........23 Moving around ..............23 Preparing the computer ..........23 What to bring to meetings.........24 Taking the computer home ..........24 Preparing the computer ..........24 What to take with you ..........24 Special considerations..........24 Setting up a home office...........25 Traveling with the computer ..........25...
How do I turn off my computer?....... 36 Why is there a new interface?........36 How do I unlock my computer?........ 37 How do I personalize my computer?......37 I want to use Windows in the way that I'm used to - give me my desktop back! ........
This section describes the recovery tools available on your computer. Acer provides Acer Recovery Management, which allows you to create a recovery backup, a drivers and applications backup, and to start recovery options, either using Windows tools, or the recovery backup.
1. From Start, type 'Recovery' and then click Acer Recovery Management in the list of apps. 2. Click Create Factory Default Backup. The Recovery Drive window opens. Make sure Copy contents from the recovery partition to the recovery drive is selected.
4. You will be shown the backup progress on the screen. 5. Follow the process until it completes. 6. After creating the recovery backup, you can choose to delete the recovery information on your computer. If you delete this information, you can only use the USB recovery backup to restore your computer, if you lose or erase the USB drive, you cannot restore your computer.
1. From Start, type 'Recovery' and then click Acer Recovery Management in the list of apps. 2. Click Create Drivers and Applications Backup. Plug in the USB drive or insert a blank DVD into the optical drive, then click Next.
• If you are using optical discs, the drive ejects each disc as it completes burning it. Remove the disc from the drive and mark it with a permanent marker. If multiple discs are required, insert a new disc when prompted, then click OK. Continue until the process is complete.
1. Insert the Drivers and Applications Backup into the disc drive or connect it to a free USB port. • If you inserted a DVD wait for Acer Resource Center to start. • If Acer Resource Center does not start automatically, press the Windows key + <E>, then double-click on the optical drive icon.
2. You should see the Contents section of the Acer Resource Center. 3. Click the install icon for the item you want to install, then follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation. Repeat this step for each item you want to reinstall.
10. Recovering from Windows Start Acer Recovery Management: • From Start, type 'Recovery' and then click Acer Recovery Management in the list of apps. Two options are available, Restore Factory Settings (Reset my PC) or Customized Restore (Refresh my PC).
Restore Factory Settings with Acer Recovery Management 1. Click Restore Factory Settings. Caution: 'Restore Factory Settings' will erase all files on your hard drive. 2. The Reset your PC window opens. Images for reference only. 3. Click Next, then choose how to erase your files: a.
Customized Restore with Acer Recovery Management 1. Click Customized Restore (Retain User Data). 2. The Refresh your PC window opens. 3. Click Next, then Refresh. 4. The recovery process begins by restarting your computer, then continues by copying files to your hard drive. This process takes about 30 minutes.
a. Use your arrow keys to select USB Device, then press Enter. b. Windows starts from the recovery backup instead of the normal startup process. 5. Select your keyboard type. 6. Select Troubleshoot and then choose the type of recovery to use: a.
b. Fully clean the drive completely cleans the drive after each file is erased, so no files can be viewed after the recovery. Cleaning the drive takes much longer, up to 5 hours, but is much more secure as old files are completely removed.
Touchpad The built-in touchpad is a pointing device that senses movement on its surface. This means the cursor responds as you move your finger across the surface of the touchpad. The central location on the palmrest provides optimum comfort and support.
Note: When using the touchpad, keep it — and your fingers — dry and clean. The touchpad is sensitive to finger movement; hence, the lighter the touch, the better the response. Tapping harder will not increase the touchpad's responsiveness. Note: By default, vertical and horizontal scrolling is enabled on your touchpad.
Function Bottom left corner Bottom right Main touchpad corner Drag Press and hold, Press or tap twice (at the then use finger on same speed as double- the touchpad to clicking a mouse button); drag the cursor rest your finger on the touchpad on the second tap and drag the cursor Access context...
Using the keyboard The keyboard has full-sized keys and an embedded numeric keypad*, separate cursor, lock, Windows, function and special keys. Lock keys and embedded numeric keypad Note: Information in this section may not apply to your computer. The keyboard has three lock keys which you can toggle on and off. Lock key Description Caps Lock...
Hotkeys The computer employs hotkeys or key combinations to access most of the computer's controls like screen brightness and volume output. To activate hotkeys, press and hold the <Fn> key before pressing the other key in the hotkey combination. Hotkey Icon Function Description...
Windows keys The keyboard has two keys that perform Windows-specific functions. Description Windows key Pressed alone it returns to the Start screen. It can also be used with other keys for special functions, please check Windows Help. Application key This key has the same effect as clicking the right mouse button; it opens the application's context menu.
Battery pack The computer uses a battery pack that gives you long use between charges. Battery pack characteristics The battery pack has the following characteristics: • Employs current battery technology standards. Delivers a battery-low warning. • The battery is recharged whenever you connect the computer to the AC adapter. Your computer supports charge-in-use, enabling you to recharge the battery while you continue to operate the computer.
By following the battery conditioning process you condition your battery to accept the maximum possible charge. Failure to follow this procedure will prevent you from obtaining the maximum battery charge, and will also shorten the effective lifespan of the battery. In addition, the useful lifespan of the battery is adversely affected by the following usage patterns: •...