You can use this set solely as a radio!
1 Adjust RADIO / ALARM to RADIO ON to switch on the radio.
2 Select your waveband by adjusting the FM/MW switch.
3 Adjust TUNING to tune to your desired station.
4 Turn the VOLUME control to adjust the volume level.
5 Adjust RADIO / ALARM to OFF to switch off the radio.
• When sleep function is activated, to switch off the radio, you also need to
press SLEEP OFF button.
To improve reception:
Extend and position the pigtail fully to obtain optimal reception.
uses a built-in antenna inside the set. Direct the antenna by adjusting
the position of your set.
SETTING THE CLOCK / ALARM TIME
The time is displayed using the 24-hour clock.
1 Hold down SET TIME / ALARM SET.
2 Press HR or MIN repeatedly, or hold down HR or MIN to adjust minute
3 Release SET TIME / ALARM SET and HR or MIN when you reach the correct
™ The set clock time will show on the display and start to run.
• Install the unit near the AC outlet and where the AC power cord plug can be
• Where the MAINS plug or an appliance coupler is used as the disconnect
device, the disconnet device shall remain readily operable.
• Place the set on a hard and flat surface so that the system does not tilt.
• If you do not intend to use the set for a long time, withdraw the power plug
from the wall outlet. In addition to this, it is advisable to remove the battery
from the clock radio. This will prevent any danger of leakage and the clock
radio will not be damaged.
• Do not expose the set, batteries to humidity, rain, sand or excessive heat
caused by heating equipment or direct sunlight.
• The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing.
• Adequate ventilation with a minimum gap of 15cm between the ventilation
holes and surrounding surfaces is necessary to prevent heat build-up.
• The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings
with items, such as newspapers, table-cloths, curtains, etc..
• No objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the appartus.
• No naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on the
• To clean the set, use a soft, slightly dampened chamois leather. Do not use any
cleaning agents containing alcohol, ammonia, benzene or abrasives as these
may harm the housing.
- High voltage! Do not open.You run the risk of getting an electric shock.
The machine does not contain any user-serviceable parts.
- Modification of the product could result in hazardous radiation of EMC
or other unsafe operation.
This set complies with the radio interference requirements of the
SELECTING THE ALARM MODE
To use the alarm, you must set the alarm time first. You can choose from two dif-
ferent alarm modes to wake you up: by radio or buzzer.
1 Select your choice of alarm mode by adjusting RADIO / ALARM to RADIO or
™ The alarm indicator (AL) will light up.
• If you have selected the radio mode, make sure you have adjusted the volume
loud enough to wake you.
• The buzzer is set at a fixed volume and cannot be adjusted.
SWITCHING OFF THE ALARM
There are three ways of switching off the alarm. Unless you cancel the alarm
completely, the 24 hour alarm reset option will be automatically selected after
1 hour and 59 minutes, from the time your alarm time first goes off.
24 HOUR ALARM RESET
If you want the alarm mode to be stopped immediately but also wish to retain the
same alarm setting for the following day:
• Press ALARM RESET during the alarm call.
™ The alarm indicator (AL) will remain on.
CANCELING THE ALARM COMPLETELY
To cancel the set alarm time before it goes off, or during the alarm call:
• Adjust RADIO / ALARM to OFF position.
™ The alarm indicator (AL) will light off.
If a fault occurs, first check the points listed below before taking the set for repair.
If you are unable to remedy a problem by following these hints, consult your dealer or
WARNING: Under no circumstances should you try to repair the set yourself, as this
will invalidate the warranty. Do not open the set as there is a risk of
– Possible Cause
– Volume not adjusted
• Adjust the volume
Occasional crackling sound during FM broadcast
– Weak signal
• Adjust the position of the Pigtail
Continuous crackling/hiss disturbance during MW broadcast
– Electrical interference from TV, computer, fluorescent lamp, etc.
• Move set away from other electrical equipment
The alarm does not function
– Alarm time not set and or alarm mode not selected
• Set the alarm time and / select alarm mode
– Volume too low for RADIO
• Adjust the volume
– Radio alarm not adjusted to radio station
• Tune to a radio station
This repeats your alarm call at 9-minute intervals.
1 During the alarm call, press REPEAT ALARM.
2 Repeat if desired for up to 59 minutes.
™ The alarm indicator (AL) will remain on.
This set has a built-in timer which enables the set to be automatically switched
off during radio playback after a set period of time. This allows you to lie back, lis-
ten and fall asleep. The maximum sleep time is 1 hour and 59 minutes.
1 Set RADIO / ALARM to OFF position.
2 Set the sleep time to activate sleep function by selecting on the following
• Simply press SLEEP to set your sleep time to 59 minutes.
• Hold down SLEEP, and press MIN repeatedly to adjust sleep time from 59
• Hold down SLEEP and press HR to get one more hour sleep time (1:59)
™ To cancel sleep, press SLEEP OFF.
We have reduced packaging to the minimum for easy separation into two
materials: paper and cardboard.
Your set consists of materials which can be recycled if disassembled by a special-
ized company. Please observe local regulations on the disposal of packing materi-
als and old equipment.
Disposal of your old product
Your product is designed and manufactured with high quality
materials and components, which can be recycled and reused.
When this crossed-out wheeled bin symbol is attached to a
product it means the product is covered by the European
Please inform yourself about the local separate collection system for electrical and
Please act according to your local rules and do not dispose of your old products
with your normal household waste. The correct disposal of your old product will
help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human
AC Power...........................................230V – 240V~ / 50 Hz
Standby.................................................................≤ 1.8 W
Dimensions (w x h x d)......................177 x 48 x 123 (mm)