Pie dough only
4 to 6 months
The freezer compartment
maintains the storage temperature
for 12 hours even in case of power failure: during this time we
suggest to leave the door of the compartment
- Do not refreeze
partially thawn foods.
Here are some basic suggestions:
do not thaw, put straight into boiling water
and cook as usual.
thaw in the refrigerator
them. Before cooking
leave at room
for some hours, or defrost in a microwave
following the manufacturer's
(small cuts): thaw at room temperature
or cook directly.
Fish: thaw in the refrigerator compartment
or cook directly before being completely
Previously cooked foods: re-heat in the oven without removing
from its aluminium container.
Fruit: thaw in the refrigerator compartment.
NOTE: Do not store liquids in glass containers
in the freezer.
OF ICE CUBES
Fill the trays 314 of their depth and place them in the ice
whose door can be opened lifting and sliding it
towards the inside of the appliance
Do not eat ice cubes or ice lollies immediately
their removal from the freezer as they may give rise to "cold"
ICE MAKER (OPTIONAL)
ice maker (Fig. 13) can be obtained
Here are some suggestions
to operate it:
- The ON/OFF lever is a wire signal arm.
Down... for making ice automatically.
Up... to shut off the ice maker.
NOTE: Do not turn ice maker on until it is connected
-The lever on the side of the ice maker changes the size of the
- Shake the bin occasionally
to keep cubes separated, and to
obtain increased storage capacity.
- It is normal for ice crescents to be attached by a corner. They
will break apart easily.
- You will hear water running when ice maker is working, You'll
hear ice fall into the bin. Don't let these sounds bother you.
-The ice maker will not operate until the freezer is cold enough
to make ice. This can take overnight.
- Because of new plumbing connections,
the first ice may be
Discard the first few batches of
- If ice is not being made fast enough and more ice is needed,
turn the Refrigerator Control toward a higher number. Wait a
day and, if necessary, turn the Freezer Control toward A.
- If you remove the ice bin, raise the signal arm to shut off the
ice maker. When you return the bin, push it all the way in and
lower the arm to the ON position.
- If cubes are stored too long, they may develop an off-flavor...
like stale water. Throw them away. They will be replaced.
Cubes in the ice bin can also become smaller by evaporation.
- Good water quality is important for good ice quality. It is not
that the ice maker be connected to a softened
water supply. Water softener chemicals
such as salt from a
softener can damage the ice maker mold and
lead to poor quality ice. If a softened water supply cannot be
avoided, then it is important that the water softener be well
A periodic and proper maintenance
will ensure a longer life to
When carrying out cleaning operations, always disconnect the
appliance from the mains supply.
clean the refrigerator
and freezer compartments
with a sponge dampened
in a solution of lukewarm water and
Rinse and dry carefully.
Never use detergents
Clean the outside with a sponge
Dry with a soft cloth.
clean the defmet pan (Fii. 14), proceeding as follows
- remove the base grille;
- to remove the defrost pan A, lift it;
- wash the defrost pan with warm water and mild detergent:
- rinse and dry;
- replace the defrost pan with the notched corner to the rear;
- make sure that the defrost drain tube is pointing into the pan;
- replace the base grille.
system tubes B are located near
the defrost pan and can become hot.
clean the tubes with a vacuum cleaner.
There is no need to disconnect the refrigerator from the mains
supply if you will be away for less than four weeks.
Use up perishable food, freeze other items.
1. Turn off your ice maker.
2. Shut off the water supply to the ice maker.
3. Empty the ice bin.
Remove all the food if you are going away for more than a
month. Turn off the water supply to the ice maker at least a day
before. When the last load of ice drops, turn off the ice maker.
Unplug the refrigerator and clean it... rinse well and dry. Leave
the doors open far enough for the air to get in. This will keep
odour and mold from building up.
ENERGY SAVING TIPS
You can help your refrigerator to use less electricity:
- Check the door gaskets. Level the appliance to be sure of a
- Clean the condenser
- Open the door as few times as possible. Close the door as
soon as food is removed.
- Fill the refrigerator but do not overcrowd it, leave air circulate
- It is waste of electricity to set the refrigerator and freezer to
colder than they need to be.
- Keep the Exterior Moisture Control to position OFF unless
moisture forms on refrigerator exterior.
- Make sure that your refrigerator
is not near a heat source
such as a range, water heater, furnace, radiator or in direct