Home Theater Sound Bar
It is important to read this user manual prior to using your new product for the first
• Changes or modifications to this unit
This device complies with Part 15 of the
FCC rules. Operation is subject to the
not expressly approved by the party
responsible for compliance could void
following two conditions:
(1)This device may not cause harmful
the user's authority to operate the
• The AC adapter is used as disconnect
device and it should remain readily
interference that may cause undesired
operable during intended used. In
order to disconnect the unit from the
NOTE: This equipment has been tested
mains completely, the AC adapter
and found to comply with the limits for a
should be disconnected from the
Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15
mains socket outlet completely.
of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed
• The AC adapter of unit should not
to provide reasonable protection against
be obstructed OR should be easily
harmful interference in a residential
accessed during intended use.
installation. This equipment generates,
• Minimum 10 cm (4 inches) distances
uses, and can radiate radio frequency
energy and, if not installed and used in
accordance with the instructions, may
• The ventilation should not be impeded
cause harmful interference to radio
by covering the ventilation openings
communications. However, there is no
with items such as newspaper, table-
guarantee that interference will not occur
cloths, curtains, etc.
in a particular installation. If this equipment
• No naked flame sources such as lighted
candles should be placed on the unit.
does cause harmful interference to radio
or television reception, which can be
determined by turning the equipment off
• Should any objects or liquids fall into
and on, the user is encouraged to try to
the unit, disconnect the power supply
correct the interference by one or more of
and have the unit checked by qualified
the following measures:
personnel before any further operation.
• Reorient or relocate the receiving
• The unit shall not be exposed to
dripping or splashing and that no
• Increase the separation between the
objects filled with liquid, such as vases,
equipment and receiver.
shall be placed on the unit.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet
on a circuit different from that to which
the receiver is connected.
Never use the unit where it would be
• Consult the dealer or an experienced
radio/TV technician for help.
- Heat sources such as radiators or air
- Direct sunlight.
USing The RemOTe COnTROL
source, the perform ance of the infrared
• Point the remote control at the
REMOTE SENSOR may be degraded,
REMOTE SENSOR located on the unit
causing unreliable operation.
(see Front Panel illustration for precise
• The recommended effective distance
for remote operation is about 16 feet
• When there is a strong ambient light
TO ChAnge RemOTe BATTeRieS
2. Insert two AAA batteries.
1. Open the battery door.
When the batteries become weak, the
• Always remove batteries as soon as
operating distance of the remote control
is greatly reduced and you will need to
they become weak.
• Weak batteries can leak and severely
damage the remote control.
• WARNING: Do not dispose of batteries
• If the remote control is not going to
be used for a long time, remove the
in a fire. batteries may explode or leak.
batteries to avoid corrosion damage
caused by battery leakage.
CAUTION: Danger of explosion if battery
is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with
• Do not mix old and new batteries. Do
not mix ALKALINE, standard (CARBON-
the same or equivalent type.
Location of Controls
DC IN jack
/ LEVEL indicator
AUX IN R / L jack
AUX IN / LEVEL indicator
10. LINE IN 3.5mm jack
OPTICAL IN / LEVEL indicator
11. OPTICAL IN jack
12. Remote Sensor
LINE IN / LEVEL indicator
LINE IN button
11. SURROUND button
COnneCT AUdiO ThROUgh An AnALOg AUdiO CABLe
1. Connect an Audio Cable (not included) from the AUX IN jacks to the AUDIO OUT
jacks of your TV, Set-Top Box or Blu-ray/DVD Player.
2. Connect a 3.5mm Audio Cable (not included) from the LINE IN jack to the AUDIO
OUT jacks or from the AUX IN jacks to the Headphone Out jack of your TV, Set-Top
Box or Blu-ray/DVD Player.
COnneCT AUdiO ThROUgh A digiTAL OPTiCAL CABLe
3. Connect an Optical Cable (not included) from the OPTICAL IN jack to the OPTICAL
OUT jack of your TV, Set-Top Box or Blu-ray/DVD Player.
Note: OPTICAL IN only supports PCM signal.You may need to activate PCM (Downmix)
on your source device, e.g.TV, Set-Top Box or Blu-ray/DVD Player.
Plug one end of a 3.5mm Audio Cable
(not included) into the LINE IN jack and
other end into your iPad®, iPhone®, iPod®
or other audio devices.
USing The AC AdAPTeR
Using an AC adapter other than the one supplied with the unit may damage the unit.
• Before use, ensure the rated voltage of the adapter matches your local voltage.
• The included AC adapter is for use with this unit only. Do not use it with other
• If you are not going to use the unit for a long time, disconnect the AC adapter from
the wall outlet.
• Whenever the AC adapter is plugged in to a wall outlet, the AC adapter will draw
some power, even when the Sound Bar is turned off.
The Soundbar can be placed freestanding on a table or mounted on a wall.
PLACing The SOUndBAR On A WALL
The Soundbar requires additional mounting hardware that must be purchased
1. Install the Wall Mount Brackets to the Soundbar as below.
2. Place the Wall Mount Template (included) on the wall and then mark the locations
of the screw holes.
3. Drill the screws (not supplied) into the wall carefully.
4. Gently hang the Soundbar onto the screws in the wall.
Note: Allow 2mm space between screw and the wall for fitting the wall mount bracket.
• We recommend that Wall-mounting be carried out by a professional. The wall
mount bracket "key-holes" are intended for use with #8 (Imperial) or M4 (Metric)
with head size: Diameter 7.5 - 9.4 mm. Additional or alternative parts may be needed
for certain types of wall constructions.
• Make sure that the wall-mount is fixed securely enough so that it meets safety
• Allow at least 2"(5 cm) separation in all directions between the Sound Bar and other
AV equipment (such as your TV or Set-Top Box).
• It is recommended that all cables (AC adapter and Audio cables) be connected to
the Sound Bar before placing it on the wall.
Before Bluetooth pairing, you should turn on the Bluetooth function of your other
device (such as, mobile phone with Bluetooth function).
1. Press SOURCE button on the unit or
(Bluetooth) mode. The Bluetooth indicator light on the soundbar will blink.
2. On your device (mobile phone, MP3 player, etc.), select RCA RTS739BWS from the
list of available Bluetooth connections.
Note: If your Bluetooth device (such as, mobile phone) requires a password while
pairing, please enter 4-digit number: 0000.
• If the Bluetooth pairing is successful, the Bluetooth indicator will illuminate.
• If the Bluetooth pairing is unsuccessful, the Bluetooth indicator will blink at slow
speed. Please try again.
TO diSCOnneCT The CURRenTLy PAiRed deviCe
1. On your currently paired and connected device, select RCA RTS739BWS from the
list and disconnect it.
2. turn off the connected device.
enjOy The mUSiC ThROUgh BLUeTOOTh
to begin or pause playback
to select a specific track
• Press and hold
to start moving backward/forward at high speed.
Please locate the included accessories.
To order replacement units, visit http://www.RCAav.com
Remote control (with 2 x AAA batteries) ..........................................................................x 1
AC power adapter .....................................................................................................................x 1
Wall Mount Bracket (with screws x 4).................................................................................x 2
STANDBY/ON button on the Soundbar or
turn on the unit.
2. Press SOURCE
Bluetooth source (input). The LEDs located on top of Sound Bar will indicate the
3. Press VOLUME
Volume, Bass or Treble levels. When adjusting Volume, Bass or Treble, the four LEDs
will temporarily display the current level setting (see illustration).
Note: When mute is enabled, the 4 LED indicators will flash. Press the MUTE button on
the remote control to disable the mute function and LED flashing stop.
The unit does
• Make sure it is plugged in.
not switch on.
button on the remote control to select BT
I have no sound.
• Press the VOLUME
• Ensure the source you've selected is outputting audio. If you're
• Ensure your AV connections are properly made (ensure you don't
• Ensure you've selected the correct source (input) - the LEDs
• Mute is activated (the 4 LEDs on top of the Sound Bar flashes).Press
• Ensure the input source is selected PCM output on the setup menu
• Reset the bluetooth connection by turning off and on your
• If battery is weak, please replace the battery and ensure the new
• Please ensure there is nothing blocking the remote sensor on the
button on the remote to
on the remote to select AUX IN, OPTICAL IN, LINE IN or
on the remote to adjust
STANDBY/ON button to turn on the Sound Bar.
button on the top of the Sound Bar or
button on the remote.
using "audio out" from your TV, ensure your TV is configured to
output audio (see TV's menu settings).
have any loose connections).
located on the top of the Sound Bar will indicate the currently-
selected source (input).
the mute button on the remote control.
of the input device.
connectind device, or this Sound Bar, or select other SOURCE on
this Soundbar then back to BT mode again.
battery is installed correctly.
front of the Sound Bar.