Important Safety Instructions
When using this unit, basic safety
precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or
1. Read and understand all instructions.
2. Follow all warnings and instructions
marked on this unit.
3. Unplug this unit from the main unit
before cleaning. Do not use liquid or
aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth
4. Do not use this unit near water, for
example, near a bathtub, washbowl,
kitchen sink, or the like.
5. Place this unit securely on a stable
surface. Serious damage and/or injury
may result if the unit falls.
6. Do not cover slots and openings on
the unit. They are provided for
ventilation and protection against
overheating. Never place the unit near
radiators, or in a place where proper
ventilation is not provided.
7. Do not allow anything to rest on the
extension cord. Do not locate this unit
where the cord will be abused by
persons walking on it.
8. Do not overload wall outlets and
extension cords. This can result in the
risk of fire or electric shock.
9. Never push any objects through slots
in this unit. This may result in the risk
of fire or electric shock. Never spill
any liquid on the unit.
10.To reduce the risk of electric shock,
do not disassemble this unit. Take the
unit to an authorized servicenter when
service is required. Opening or
removing covers may expose you to
dangerous voltages or other risks.
Incorrect reassembly can cause
electric shock when the unit is
11. Unplug this unit from the main unit,
and refer servicing to an authorized
servicenter when the following
A. When the extension cord is
damaged or frayed.
B. If liquid has been spilled into the
C. If the unit has been exposed to rain
D. If the unit does not work normally
by following the manual. Adjust
only controls covered by the
manual. Improper adjustment may
require extensive work by an
E. If the unit has been dropped, or
F. If the unit exhibits a distinct change
12. Avoid using a telephone (other than
a cordless type) during an electrical
storm. There may be a remote risk of
electric shock from lightning.
13. Do not use this unit to report a gas
leak, when in the vicinity of the leak.
– 13 –