When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• Read all instructions prior to use.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
• To protect against fire, electrical shock and
injury to persons, do not immerse cord, plugs or
appliance in any liquids.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance
is used by or near children.
• Turn off and unplug appliance from outlet when
not in use and before cleaning.
• Allow appliance to cool before cleaning and adding
or removing parts.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord
or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has
been damaged in any manner. Contact consumer
support at the number listed in this manual.
• The use of accessory attachments that have
not been recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock or
injury to persons.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter,
or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place appliance on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• To disconnect, turn the unit OFF, then remove plug
from wall outlet.
• Do not use this appliance for anything other than
its intended use.
• Keep lid on the carafe when in use.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is
wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric
shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized
outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully
into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not
fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to
modify the plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-
resistant screw to prevent removal of the outer
cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do
not attempt to remove the outer cover. There are no
user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done
only by authorized service personnel.
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
• Scalding and/or burns may occur if either the
carafe or single-serve filter basket lid is removed
or unit cover is opened during the brewing cycle.
• The unit's carafe is designed for use only with this
appliance. It must never be used on a range top.
• Do not set a hot carafe on a wet or cold surface.
• Do not use a cracked carafe or a carafe having a
loose or weakened handle.
• Do not clean carafe with harsh cleansers, steel
wool or other abrasive material.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience
and knowledge, unless they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
CAUTION: Four piercing nozzles puncture the Pod,
three in the housing lid and the other in the base of
the Pod Adapter. To avoid risk of injury, do not place
your fingers in the single serve housing.
CAUTION: There is extremely hot water in the single
serve Pod adapter during brew process. To avoid risk
of injury, do not lift the single serve lid during the
CAUTION: Please always keep the brewer in its
upright position to avoid potential injury and/or
damage to your brewer.
1. A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce
the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or
tripping over a longer cord.
2. Extension cords may be used if care is exercised
in their use.
3. If a long detachable extension cord is used:
a) The marked electrical rating of the power cord
or extension cord should be at least as great as the
electrical rating of the appliance.
b) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the exten-
sion cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord.
c) The cord should be arranged so that it will not
drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can
be pulled on by children or tripped over.
Note: If the power cord is damaged, please contact
the warranty department listed in these instructions.