The HE220A,B Bypass Flow-Through Humidifier uses the warm air
furnace blower to provide humidification for the whole house. The
HE220A,B works with virtually any Honeywell humidity control, but for
optimal performance, use with the Honeywell Perfect Climate Comfort
Can cause personal injury or equipment damage.
Do not cut or drill into any air conditioning or electrical
Freezing Water and High Water or Static Pressure Hazard.
Can cause water damage or permanent equipment damage.
• The humidifier must be located where the ambient
temperature is above 32°F (0°C) and below 160°F (71°C).
• Be sure supply plenum static pressure is no greater than
0.3 in. w.c. and water pressure is no greater than 125 psi.
To assure optimal product performance, be sure the template
is level before marking.
1. Determine the best location for the humidifier and draw a level line
on the plenum. See Fig. 1.
Mount the humidifier at least 3 in. (76 mm) above the furnace
jacket to allow adequate space for the solenoid valve and drain
line. Check that there is adequate space above the humidifier
to remove and install the humidifier cover. Do not install on a
® U.S. Registered Trademark
Copyright © 1998 Honeywell Inc. • All Rights Reserved
Bypass Flow-Through Humidifier
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
2. Tape the template in position and trace around the template.
3. Remove the template and carefully cut the rectangular opening.
4. Disassemble the humidifier. Remove the cover and take out the
5. Position the humidifier housing in the opening (be sure it is level),
6. Secure the humidifier housing to the opening at the top and
humidifier pad assembly. See Fig. 2.
R I Z
Fig. 1. Typical humidifier installation locations.
NOTE: Sidewalls are interchangeable for either left or right
bypass installation. To change direction, remove the
screws holding each sidewall, switch sidewall locations
and reinstall the screws.
so the locking tabs are in place on the lower sheet metal edge of
bottom using sheet metal screws.
H I G