S535D/S735D RMT-D115E/D115P/D116P/D120E/D120O/D120P SERVICE MANUAL AEP Model UK Model DVP-S335/S336/S535D/S735D Russian Model Saudi Arabia Model DVP-S335/S735D E Model DVP-S335/S345/S735D Australian Model DVP-S336/S735D Photo: DVP-S335 SPECIFICATIONS CD/DVD player Outputs Laser Semiconductor laser Signal format system Jack Output Load impedance PAL/(NTSC) type level...
LINE WITH MARK 0 ON THE SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS AND IN THE PARTS LIST ARE CRITICAL TO SAFE OPERATION. REPLACE THESE COMPONENTS WITH SONY PARTS WHOSE PART NUMBERS APPEAR AS SHOWN IN THIS MANUAL OR IN SUPPLEMENTS PUB- LISHED BY SONY.
TABLE OF CONTENTS Section Title Page Section Title Page Service Note ................4 HS16S9E Printed Wiring Board ........4-59 HS16S9E Schematic Diagram ........4-61 GENERAL IC PIN FUNCTION DESCRIPTION Getting Started .............. 1-1 Playing Discs ..............1-4 5-1. System Control Pin Function Using Various Functions with the Control Menu ...
SERVICE NOTE 1. DISASSEMBLY • This set can be disassembled in the order shown below. Case (Page 2-1) Rear Panel Tray Cover (Page 2-1) (Page 2-1) Mechanism Front Panel Deck (Page 2-1) (Page 2-2) Power AI-17 Board Tray MB-86 Board Block (Page 2-2) (Page 2-3)
2. DISC REMOVAL PROCEDURE 3. HOW TO SERVICE MB-86 BOARD (at POWER OFF) 1) Remove the case from the set. (Refer to 2-1) 2) Remove the mechanism deck. (Refer to 2-6) 1) Insert a tapering driver into the aperture of the unit bottom, 3) Remove the MB-86 board.
6) Set the CK-MB board as shown in Fig. 4. 8) Set the mechanism deck as shown in Fig. 6. 1 MB-86 board 3 CK-MB board MB-86 board 2 Two connectors (CN101, 102) Mechanism deck Fig. 4 Fig. 6 7) Set the CK-AI board as shown in Fig. 5. 5 Connector (CN103) 7 Flexible board...
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D SECTION 2 DISASSEMBLY Note: Follow the disassembly procedure in the numerical order given. 2-1. CASE REMOVAL 2-3. TRAY COVER REMOVAL 3 Two claws 4 Case 3 Screw 1 Two screws 4 Tray cover 2 Pull the tray in the 2 Two direction of arrow B.
2-5. POWER BLOCK REMOVAL 2-7. TRAY REMOVAL 1 Two screws 1 Connector (BTP2.6 × 12) (CN101) 2 Chuck holder 4 Two ground point screws 3 Two screws (B3) 6 Power block 2 Connector (CN201) 4 Remove the tray in the direction of arrow B.
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D SECTION 3 BLOCK DIAGRAMS 3-1. OVERALL BLOCK DIAGRAM AI-17 BOARD MB-86 BOARD S535D/S735D (SEE PAGE 4-35 to 4-46) (SEE PAGE 4-11 to 4-32) IC303 IC504, 505 IC601 VIDEO Y, S335: E, EA/ VIDEO B – Y, 16M DRAM 16M SDRAM S336: AUS/ VIDEO R –Y...
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D 3-4. SYSTEM CONTROL BLOCK DIAGRAM MB-86 BOARD (3/6) (SEE PAGE 4-25 to 4-32) IC104 IC802 FLASH NAND FLASH HD 8 – 15 HD 8 – 15 RF/SERVO (SEE PAGE 3-4) HA 0, 1 HA 0, 1 HA 0 – 21 HA 0 –...
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D SECTION 4 PRINTED WIRING BOARDS AND SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS THIS NOTE IS COMMON FOR PRINTED WIRING For schematic Diagram: • Caution when replacing chip parts. BOARDS AND SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS. New parts must be attached after removal of chip. (In addition to this, the necessary mote is printed Be careful not to heat the minus side of tantalum capacitor, in each block.)
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D 4-2. PRINTED WIRING BOARDS AND SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS MS-48 (LOADING) PRINTED WIRING BOARD AND SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM – Ref. No.: MS-48 board; 2,000 series – MS-48 BOARD There are few cases that the part isn't mounted in this model is printed on this diagram.
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D There are few cases that the part isn't mounted in this model is printed on this diagram. MB-86 (SIGNAL PROCESS, SERVO) PRINTED WIRING BOARD – Ref. No.: MB-86 board; 1,000 series – MB-86 BOARD (SIDE A) CN102 CN201 CN401...
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D MB-86 (FGA) SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM • See page 4-7 for printed wiring board. – Ref. No.: MB-86 board; 1,000 series – MB-86 BOARD (10/11) NO MARK:DVD/CD PLAY D:DVD PLAY C:CD PLAY *:IMPOSSIBLE TO MEASURE THE VOLTAGE AT THE MARKED POINTS.
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D AI-17 (AUDIO, VIDEO BUFFER, FUNCTION SWITCH) PRINTED WIRING BOARD – Ref. No.: AI-17 board; 2,000 series – There are few cases that the part isn't mounted in this model is printed on this diagram. ER-9 S335: AEP, UK, RU/S336: AEP, UK/...
There are few cases that the part isn't mounted in this model is printed on this diagram. – Ref. No.: ER-9 board; 2,000 series – – DVP-S335: AEP, UK, RU/S336: AEP, UK/S535D/S735D: AEP, UK, RU – ER-9 BOARD (SIDE A)
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D ER-9 (EURO AV2) SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM • See page 4-47 for printed wiring board. – Ref. No.: ER-9 board; 2,000 series – – DVP-S335: AEP, UK, RU/S336: AEP, UK/S535D/S735D: AEP, UK, RU – ER-9 BOARD (2/2) NO MARK:DVD/CD PLAY R927...
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D HP-127 (HEADPHONE) PRINTED WIRING BOARD – Ref. No.: HP-127 board; 2,000 series – – DVP-S535D/S735D – There are few cases that the part isn't mounted in this model is printed on this diagram. HP-127 BOARD ER-9 S335: AEP, UK, RU/S336: AEP, UK/...
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D HS16S9E (SWITCHING REGULATOR) PRINTED WIRING BOARD There are few cases that the part isn't mounted in this model is printed on this diagram. – Ref. No.:HS16S9E board; 3,000 series – HS16S9E BOARD CN101 CN201 D101 D102 D104 D105 D211...
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D SECTION 6 TEST MODE 6-1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION ### Syscon Diagnosis ### Diag All Check The Test Mode allows you to make diagnosis and adjustment eas- No. 2 Version ily using the remote commander and monitor TV. The instructions, diagnostic results, etc. are given on the on-screen display (OSD).
Error 12: Read data discord ber. (4-3) DSP Driver Test Test signal data → DSP Driver Model Type Error: Not detected. DVP-S335 (AEP50, UK) DVP-S335 (AEP51) 5. Supply DVC-S335 (RU) Caution: Do not conduct this check with a mechanical deck con- nected.
Before starting the test, all addresses of RAM (IC303) are 6. AV Decoder cleared to 0x0000. (6-2) 1930 RAM Data write → read, and accord check First, 0xA55A is written to the address 0x00000, and the address data are read and checked from addresses 0x00001 Error 13: AVD RAM read data discord to 0x80000 while shifting 1 bit each.
8. Audio Error Codes List (8-2) ARP → 1930 00: Error not detected Error 14 : ARP → 1930 video NG 01: RAM write/read data discord 15 : ARP → 1930 audio NG 02: Gate array NG 03: EEPROM NG 04: Flash memory clear error (8-3) Test Tone 05: Flash memory write error...
6-4. DRIVE AUTO ADJUSTMENT 1. DVD-SL (single layer) [ENTER] Select , insert DVD single layer disc, and press key, and the adjustment will be made through the following steps, then On the Test Mode Menu screen, press key on the remote com- adjusted values will be written to the EEPROM.
2. CD 3. DVD-DL (dual layer) [ENTER] [ENTER] Select , insert CD disc, and press key, and the adjust- Select , insert DVD dual layer disc, and press key, ment will be made through the following steps, then adjusted val- and the adjustment will be made through the following steps, then ues will be written to the EEPROM.
4. SACD 6-5. DRIVE MANUAL OPERATION [ENTER] Select , insert SACD disc, and press key, and the adjustment will be made through the following steps, then adjusted On the Test Mode Menu screen, select , and the manual opera- values will be written to the EEPROM. However, if SACD disc is tion menu will be displayed.
0. Disc Check Memory Disc Type 1. Disc Type Auto Check Disc Check 2. DVD SL 12 cm 3. DVD DL 12 cm 4. CD 12cm 5. SACD 12 cm 1. SL Disc Check 6. DVD SL 8 cm 2. CD Disc Check 7.
Reset SLED TILT Reset the Sled and Tilt to initial posi- 6-6. MECHA AGING tion. ### Mecha Aging ### Turn ON/OFF the laser. Turn ON/OFF the spindle. Press OPEN key Focus Search the focus and turn on the focus. Turn ON/OFF the tracking servo. Sled Turn ON/OFF the sled servo.
How to see Emergency History 6-8. VERSION INFORMATION ## Version Information ## IF con. Ver. x. xxx (xxxx) Group SYScon. Ver. x. xxx (xxxx) Model 1: Emergency Code Region 2: Don't Care Servo DSP. Ver. 1. xxxx These codes are used for verification of software designing. 3: Historical order 1 to 9 Exit: RETURN Emergency Codes List...
6-10. IF CON SELF DIAGNOSTIC FUNCTION 2. OP ERATION OF SELF CHECK MODE The Self Check mode is the function to conduct the basic test to the FL display and DVD panel section. 1. AI-17 BOARD (IF CON) TEST MODE The front board test mode is the IF CON self diagnostic mode.
2-2. Operation of Auto Self Check When the Self Check mode becomes active at the AC Power ON or by key input, the test display of the following steps (1) to (4) is repeated. (1) FLD and LED all ON (for 5 seconds) TRACK HOUR TITLE...
2-3. Each Self Check Function Each Self Check function tests the FLD display, LED display, and key input. Basic, Entry-DD, Step Up-DD IC404: Pin No. (Signal) Input Voltage [V] (AN3) (AN4) (AN5) (AN7) Pin 3 Pin 2 Pin 1 Pin ul STOP TITLE RIGHT...
[PLAY] Key code display (at input of key, Key code: 0Ah) HOUR TITLE TRACK CHAP INDEX VIDEO CD DISC NTSC S H U F F L E MPEG D V D ANGLE REPEAT 1 Digital A- B At input of faulty voltage HOUR TRACK CHAP...
2-3-4. Communication Monitoring Display The communication state is monitored and displayed while the key name on the main unit and the remote commander is displayed. When the communication to the System Controller failed, VIDEO CD, DVD, and CD segments turn on. Communication error display (at no key input) TRACK INDEX...
2-3-6. FLD Grid Test Display and SHUTTLE Click Operation Test 2-3-6-1. Transition Keys in Self Check Mode [UP] • on the main unit and the remote commander • SHUTTLE on the main unit and the remote commander during Grid Test display 2-3-6-2.
3. TROUBLESHOOTING 3-1. Test Mode is not activated With the set assembled in the front panel, the Test mode does not become active if any button was pressed by any reason.Under this condition, the power is not turned on even in the normal status. (The set is kept in Standby status = Red LED is kept on) Not only the buttons are inactive, but also a signal from remote commander is not accepted.
DVP-S335/S336/S345/S535D/S735D SECTION 7 ELECTRICAL ADJUSTMENT 7-1. POWER SUPPLY ADJUSTMENT In making adjustment, refer to 7-3. Adjustment Related Parts Arrangement. 1. HS16S9E Board Note: During diagnostic check, the characters and color bars can Mode be seen only with the NTSC monitor. Therefore, for diag-...
7-2. ADJUSTMENT OF VIDEO SYSTEM 3. Checking Component Video Output B-Y (MB-86 BOARD) (DVP-S335: E, EA/S336: AUS/S345/S735D) 1. Video Level Adjustment (MB-86 BOARD) <Purpose> <Purpose> This checks component video output B-Y. If it is incorrect, cor- This adjustment is made to satisfy the NTSC standard, and if not rect colors will not be displayed when connected to, for instance, adjusted correctly, the brightness will be too large or small.
7. Checking RGB Output G (MB-86 BOARD) (MB-86 BOARD) <Purpose> (DVP-S335: E, EA/S336: AUS/S345/S735D) This checks RGB output G. If it is incorrect, pictures will not be <Purpose> displayed correctly in spite of connection to the TV with an EURO This checks component video output Y.
9. Checking S Video Output S-C (MB-86 BOARD) <Purpose> This checks whether the S-C satisfies the NTSC Standard. If it is not correct, the colors will be too dark or light. Mode Video level adjustment in test mode Signal Color bars S VIDEO OUT (S-C) connector Test point (75 Ω...
8-759-587-83 IC OPA2134UA/2K5 (S735D) JR008 1-216-296-91 SHORT IC208 8-759-909-71 IC BA4558F-E2 (S335/S336/S345/S535D) JR009 1-216-296-91 SHORT 0 (S535D/S735D) IC301 8-759-052-52 IC L78M05TLL-SONY-TL (S735D) JR010 1-216-296-91 SHORT IC302 8-759-668-03 IC CXD9543Q (S535D/S735D) JR011 1-216-296-91 SHORT 0 (S535D/S735D) IC303 8-759-587-83 IC OPA2134UA/2K5 (S735D)
AI-17 Ref. No. Part No. Description Remark Ref. No. Part No. Description Remark JR036 1-216-295-91 SHORT JR090 1-216-295-91 SHORT 0 (S335/S336/S345) JR091 1-216-295-91 SHORT JR037 1-216-296-91 SHORT 0 (S335/S336/S345) JR038 1-216-296-91 SHORT < COIL > JR039 1-216-296-91 SHORT JR040 1-216-296-91 SHORT L160 1-408-978-21 INDUCATOR 47uH (S735D: AEP, UK, RU)
PRINTING THE SERVICE MANUAL The PDF of this service manual is not designed to be printed from cover to cover. The pages vary in size, and must therefore be printed in sections based on page dimensions. NON-SCHEMATIC PAGES Data that does NOT INCLUDE schematic diagrams are formatted to 8.5 x 11 inches and can be printed on standard letter-size and/or A4-sized paper. SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS The schematic diagram pages are provided in two ways, full size and tiled.