7900 Prism RM-264
Service Manual Level &2
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
This product is of superior design and craftsmanship and should be treated with care. The suggestions below
will help you to fulfil any warranty obligations and to enjoy this product for many years.
• Keep the phone and all its parts and accessories out of the reach of small children.
• Keep the phone dry. Precipitation, humidity and all types of liquids or moisture can contain minerals that
will corrode electronic circuits.
• Do not use or store the phone in dusty, dirty areas. Its moving parts can be damaged.
• Do not store the phone in hot areas. High temperatures can shorten the life of electronic devices, damage
batteries, and warp or melt certain plastics.
• Do not store the phone in cold areas. When it warms up (to its normal temperature), moisture can form
inside, which may damage electronic circuit boards.
• Do not drop, knock or shake the phone. Rough handling can break internal circuit boards.
• Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or strong detergents to clean the phone.
• Do not paint the phone. Paint can clog the moving parts and prevent proper operation.
• Use only the supplied or an approved replacement antenna. Unauthorised antennas, modifications or
attachments could damage the phone and may violate regulations governing radio devices.
All of the above suggestions apply equally to the product, battery, charger or any accessory.
Note: A new battery's full performance is achieved only after two or three complete charge and discharge cycles!
The battery can be charged and discharged hundreds of times but it will eventually wear out.
When the operating time (talk-time and standby time) is noticeably shorter than normal, it is time to buy a new battery.
Use only batteries approved by the phone manufacturer and recharge the battery only with the chargers
approved by the manufacturer.
Unplug the charger when not in use. Do not leave the battery connected to a charger for longer than a week, since
overcharging may shorten its lifetime.
If left unused a fully charged battery will discharge itself over time Temperature extremes can affect the ability of
your battery to charge.
For good operation times with Ni-Cd/NiMh batteries, discharge the battery from time to time by leaving the
product switched on until it turns itself off (or by using the battery discharge facility of any approved accessory
available for the product).
Do not attempt to discharge the battery by any other means Use the battery only for its intended purpose.
Never use any charger or battery which is damaged.
Do not short-circuit the battery. Accidental short-circuiting can occur when a metallic object (coin, clip or
pen) causes direct connection of the + and - terminals of the battery (metal strips on the battery) for example
when you carry a spare battery in your pocket or purse. Short-circuiting the terminals may damage the battery
or the connecting object.
Leaving the battery in hot or cold places, such as in a closed car in summer or winter conditions, will reduce
the capacity and lifetime of the battery. Always try to keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F).
A phone with a hot or cold battery may temporarily not work, even when the battery is fully charged.
Batteries' performance is particularly limited in temperatures well below freezing.
Do not dispose batteries in a fire! Dispose of batteries according to local regulations (e.g. recycling).
Do not dispose as household waste.
Copyright © 2007 NOKIA. All rights reserved.