Tools needed for
• adjustable wrench that opens to
1" or 1" hex-head socket wrench
• flat-blade screwdriver
• #2 Phillips head screwdriver
• safety glasses
• tin snipes (new vent installation)
• caulking gun and compound
• putty knife
• 8" or 10" pipe wrench
• pipe-joint compound resistant
to L.P. gas
• 1/4" nut driver or socket wrench
Parts supplied for
package from dryer
drum. Check that all 4
legs were included.
4 leveling legs
Parts needed for
Check local codes and with gas
supplier, and read electrical, gas and
venting requirements, Pages 5 - 8,
before purchasing parts.
Gas supply line must have:
• 1/8" NPT plugged tapping.
• Shutoff valve within 6 feet of
appliance is required.
Rigid gas supply line must be:
• 1/2" IPS pipe used with a
combination of pipe fittings.
• Recommended connection to
— New, flexible metal tubing design-
certified by AGA or CSA.
— 3/8" flare x 3/8" NPT
Optional connection to dryer:
Gas supply line tubing must be:
• Lengths under 20 feet can use 3/8"
approved tubing (if codes and gas
• Lengths over 20 feet should use
L.P. gas conversion:
Conversion must be made by a
qualified technician. A qualified
service technician is someone
experienced and trained in servicing
gas equipment and familiar with
necessary precautions. See gas valve
burner base for gas conversion kit part
Use a heavy metal vent.
Do not use a plastic vent.
Do not use a metal foil vent.
Failure to do so can result in death or
Four-inch heavy metal exhaust vent
and clamps must be used. Dura Safe™
vent products are recommended.
Dura Safe vent products can be
purchased from your dealer or by
calling Whirlpool Parts & Accessories
1-800-442-9991, Mon-Fri: 8am to 9pm
(CST), Sat: 9am to 4:30pm (CST).
Visit our internet site at
See Page 11 for more information.
Do Not use exhaust hoods with
Mobile home installations
• Mobile Home Installation Kit, Part
• Metal exhaust system hardware*
Floors sloped greater than
Require Extended Dryer Feet Kit, Part
*Available for purchase from your