1. The British Standards Institute recommend the use
of a Residual Current Circuit Device (R.C.D.) with a
tripping current of not more than 30mA. Even with
a R.C.D. installed 100% safety cannot be guaran-
teed and safe working practice must be followed at
all times. Check your R.C.D. every time you use it.
2. Before use, examine cable for damage, replace it if
there are signs of damage or ageing.
3. Do not use the lawnmower if the electric cables are
damaged or worn
4. Immediately disconnect from the mains electricity
supply if the cable is cut, or the insulation is dam-
aged. Do not touch the electric cable until the elec-
trical supply has been disconnected. Do not repair
a cut or damaged cable. Replace it with a new one.
5. Your extension cable must be uncoiled, coiled cables can
overheat and reduce the efficiency of your mower.
6. Keep cable away from lawnmower, always work
away from the power point mowing up and down,
never in circles.
7. Do not pull cable around sharp objects.
8. Always switch off at the mains before disconnecting
any plug, cable connector or extension cable.
9. Switch off, remove plug from mains and examine
electric supply cable for damage or ageing before
winding cable for storage. Do not repair a damaged
cable, replace it with a new one. Use only Flymo
10. Always wind cable carefully, avoiding kinking.
11. Never carry the product by the cable.
12. Never pull on the cable to disconnect any of the plugs.
13. Use only on AC mains supply voltage shown on the
product rating label.
14. Flymo Products are double insulated to EN60335.
Under no circumstance should an earth be connect-
ed to any part of the product.
1. While using your product always wear substantial
footwear and long trousers.
2. Make sure the lawn is clear of sticks, stones, bones, wire
and debris; they could be thrown by the blade.
3. Before using the machine and after any impact, check for
signs of wear or damage and repair as necessary.
4. Replace worn or damaged blades together with
their fixings in sets to preserve balance.
1. Use the lawnmower only in daylight or good artificial
CABLES - IMPORTANT
• Use only 1.00mm
size cable up to 40 metres length
Maximum rating :
size cable, 10 amps 250 volts AC.
YOUR PRODUCT IS SUPPLIED WITH CABLE
WIRED DIRECTLY INTO THE PRODUCT.
1. Flymo Mains Cables and Extension Cables are avail-
able from your local Approved Service Centre.
2. Do not wire an extension cable directly to your prod-
uct yourself. Please contact your local Approved
Service Centre for further information on the connec-
tors and kits available.
3. Only use extension cables specifically designed for
CONNECTORS - IMPORTANT
• Flymo connectors are suitable for use with 2 core
cable only. Under no circumstances should these
connectors be used for earthed products.
• All Flymo connectors and cables are of splashproof
construction. They are not waterproof and must not
be left outside permanently nor should they be sub-
merged or immersed in water. Do not let cable lay
or trail through pools of water or splashed with water
from hose pipes.
MAINS PLUG REPLACEMENT - IMPORTANT
• If the plug supplied is cut off it should be destroyed.
There is an electric shock hazard if a cut off plug is
inserted into a 13 amp socket.
2. Avoid operating your lawnmower in wet grass,
3. Take care in wet grass, you may lose your footing.
4. On slopes, be extra careful of your footing and wear
5. Mow across the face of slopes, never up and down.
6. Exercise extreme caution when changing direction
on slopes. Walk never run.
7. Mowing on banks and slopes can be dangerous.
Do not mow on banks or steep slopes.
8. Do not walk backwards when mowing, you could trip.
9. Never cut grass by pulling the mower towards you.
10. Switch off before pushing the mower over surfaces
other than grass.
11. Never operate the lawnmower with damaged guards
or without guards in place.
12. Keep hands and feet away from the cutting means at all
times and especially when switching on the motor.
13. Do not tilt lawnmower when the motor is running,
except when starting and stopping. In this case, do
not tilt more than absolutely necessary and lift only
the part which is away from the operator. Always
ensure that both hands are in the operating position
before returning the appliance to the ground.
14. Do not put hands near the grass discharge chute.
15. Never pick up or carry a mower when it is operating
or still connected to the mains supply.
16. Remove the plug from the mains :
before leaving the mower unattended for any period;
before clearing a blockage;
before checking, cleaning or working on the appliance;
if you hit an object. Do not use your lawnmower
until you are sure that the entire lawnmower is in a
safe operating condition.;
if the lawnmower starts to vibrate abnormally. Check
immediately. Excessive vibration can cause injury.
Maintenance and storage
1. Keep all nuts, bolts and screws tight to be sure the
lawnmower is in safe working condition.
2. Check the grassbox frequently for wear or deterioration.
3. Replace worn or damaged parts for safety.
4. Only use the replacement blade, and blade bolt
specified for this product.
5. Be careful during adjustment of the lawnmower to
prevent entrapment of the fingers between moving
blades and fixed parts of the machine.
1. No earth required. Flymo products are double insulated to
EN60335 and under no circumstances should an earth be
connected to any part of the product.
2. Ensure the mains voltage suits your product
The wires in the mains lead are coloured in accor-
dance with the following code:
The wire which is coloured BLUE must be connected
to the Terminal which is marked with the letter 'N' or
The wire which is coloured BROWN must be con-
nected to the Terminal which is marked with the let-
ter 'L' or coloured RED.
4. It is important that the outer sheath is clamped cor-
rectly into the 3-pin plug.
5. If in doubt consult your local Service Repairer or
qualified electrician before the machine is used.
6. A 13 Amp fuse must be fitted to the Mains Plug.
7. The normal plug fuse and household fuse only pro-
tect the electrical equipment and are not a safeguard
If your product is hard wired i.e. non-detachable
mains electric cable, a conversion kit and exten-
sion cable is available from all Approved Service
Centres which can be found in your local Yellow