Pub. No. IME-56420-E ( ( TATA TATA ) ) FM-8800D/S FM-8800D/S The paper used in this manual is elemental chlorine free. FURUNO Authorized Distributor/Dealer FURUNO Authorized Distributor/Dealer FIRST EDITION : FIRST EDITION : SEP. SEP. 2004 2004 : : JUN.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS WARNING Hazardous voltage. Can shock, burn or cause serious injury. Do not work inside the equip- ment unless totally familiar with electrical circuits. Do not approach the antenna closer than 0.9 m (MPE by FCC) when it is transmitting. The antenna emits radio waves which can be harmful to the human body.
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION Handset HS-2003 100-115/200-230 VAC AC/DC 50/60 Hz, 1φ Power Supply Unit Radio Battery PR-240-CE 24 VDC Category of units Unit Antenna Exposed to weather All other units Protected from weather CH 70 RX Antenna Antenna VHF console RC-8800 Transceiver Unit FM-8800D FM-8800S...
Observe the compass safe distance to prevent deviation of a magnetic compass, referring to page “ i ”. Note: Take great care not to press the DISTRESS switch during the installation. If you accidentally press the switch, immediately turn off the equipment and contact appropriate authority by telephone.
1. MOUNTING Overview of mounting methods Keep pressed for 4 s in case of DISTRESS. The alert is transmitted with steady lighting. DISTRESS IntCom INTL CANCEL ALM STOP PQRS CALL SHIFT Overhead Flush Mount TEST CH16 PRINT FILE SCAN MENU WXYZ HI/L0 Keep pressed for 4 s in case of DISTRESS.
Mounting procedure for tabletop, overhead and bulkhead mounting 1. Using the hanger as a template, mark fixing holes in the mounting location. 2. Fix the hanger to the mounting location with self-tapping screws and washers (supplied). (For added support, use nuts, bolts and washers instead of self-tapping screws.) 3.
The higher the antenna is mounted above the horizon, the further the communications range. Mounting procedure The basic mounting procedure for antennas supplied by FURUNO is as follows, however consult appropriate outline drawing for details. 1. Fasten the antenna bracket to the stanchion.
50 cm of the unit. (Longer cables are available optionally.) Power Supply (option) For Convention vessels, both AC and DC power must be fed to the FM-8800D/8800S, via an AC/DC power supply. When AC input fails, DC power is supplied. FURUNO can supply an AC/DC power supply unit, the PR-240-CE.
1. MOUNTING Printer (option) Printer PP-510 To mount the printer, refer to the printer outline drawing at the back of this manual. 1. Select a flat surface. 2. Fix the mounting base to the mounting location with four screws (supplied). 3.
Install the junction box near the transceiver unit. Approx. 3 m cable is preattached to the junction box to connect to the transceiver unit. To connect Furuno’s distress message controller DMC-5, the DMC interface IF-8820 (option) is required. 1. Open the cover.
1. MOUNTING Remote station RB-8800/RB-8810 (option) Up to four remote stations can be connected in a daisy chain. Note: For the remote station RB-8800, there are two method of cable entry: bottom-side entry and rear-side entry. For rear-side entry, make one or two holes of more than 12 mm diameter. For last station in the daisy chain, just one cable entry hole is needed.
Outdoor mounting of RB-8810 Remote station RB-8810 with waterproof-type handset HS-8800-W-35 can be mounted outdoors. The hanger should be coated as directed below with silicone sealant for waterproofness. 1. Fix the mounting base with self-tapping screws. Coat exposed part of these screws with silicone sealant.
1. MOUNTING VHF console Install the rack console where the equipment can be easily operated, checked and serviced. Consult with shipyard personnel and ship's officer-in-charge to determine best location. The location must satisfy the following points: • Select a location where controls can be easily operated. •...
Connection of Power Supply Convention vessels, 100/220 VAC ship’s mains Convention vessels must supply both AC and DC power to the FM-8800D/8800S, via an AC/DC power supply unit. Both AC and DC are supplied by the AC/DC power supply unit, and when AC input fails DC power is activated.
2. CONNECTIONS Connection of VHF Antenna The VHF antenna is connected to the transceiver unit with a 50 ohm coaxial cable, type 5D-2V. Be sure to leave some slack in the cable for future service and maintenance. Lay the coaxial cable and attach an M-type plug to the cable (if necessary) as follows. 1.
Connection of DSC Antenna The DSC antenna is connected to the transceiver unit with a 50 ohm coaxial cable, type 5D-2V. Attach an M-type plug to the cable (if necessary) as shown an page 2-2. Screw the plug into the CH70 RX ANT connector at the rear of the transceiver unit. Connection of Handset Connect the handset cable to the HANDSET connector on the front panel.
2. CONNECTIONS Connecting the Remote Station without the Junction The remote station (or DMC Interface, Mic. Receptacle box, etc) can be connected directly to the transceiver unit, using the D-sub connector supplied as installation materials. Attach the connector to the cable as follows. Connector XM2A-3701 &...
Connection of AC/DC Power Supply Unit PR-240-CE The power supply PR-240-CE is shipped ready for connection to a 200-230 VAC ship’s mains. If the ship’s mains is 100 VAC – 115 VAC, change the tap connection and terminal board connection as below. Attach label supplied as accessories to the punch mark in the front panel according to the ship’s mains.
2. CONNECTIONS Protective earth Connect IV-2.0sq wire between ship’s superstructure and the ground terminal on the PR-240-CE. PR-240-CE Front panel CAUTION Attach protective earth securely to the ship's body. The protective earth (grounding) is required for the AC/DC power supply unit to prevent electrical shock.
Jumper Setting for Termination Note: DMC interface is not used for Russian version. It is necessary, for termination, to change the jumper setting for remote station or DMC interface. Open the unit(s) terminated and change the jumper plugs J2 and J3 to ON position (#2-#3). (Default setting is OFF position.) Transceiver Junction...
2.10 Wire connection of VHF console 1. Remove the cover assembly and printer assembly (or concealing lid) form the console. For the printer assembly, remove the cables connected at the Transceiver Unit and the terminal board. Cover assembly 2. Connect the power cable from the ship to the terminal block 1 (+) and 2 (-). Power cable from the ship 3.
ASSEMBLING CONSOLE KIT A VHF console kit is required to mount the Transceiver Unit in the field. There are two types as shown below. Type RC-8800-N-75BG RC-8800-A-75BG Assembling the Console Kit 1. Remove the cover assembly, the panel assembly and the printer assembly (or concealing lid) from the console.
2. Fix the panel assembly to the Transceiver Unit with binding screws (use original binding screws of the Transceiver Unit). Refer to the figure below. 3. Screw in hex bolts M8x16 and flat washers loosely at both sides of the Transceiver Unit. 4.
6. Replace the cable attached to junction box with the cable (55 cm, 37-pin D sub) supplied with the console kit. 7. Connect the cable (37-pin D sub) attached to the junction box to the Transceiver Unit and then mount the junction box on the console. ±Binding screw F M4X8 4 places ±Screw B...
Grommets 2 places 8. For the console w/printer, connect the printer cable for data transmission to the PRINTER port of the Transceiver Unit and fix the power cable to the terminal board as before. Then, fix the printer assembly to the console. For no printer, fasten the concealing lid to the console.
ＰＡＣＫＩＮＧ ＬＩＳＴ DM-2003-F N A M E ﾏｲｸｾｯﾄ MICROPHONE SET ﾌｯｸ HOOK ﾏｲｸﾛﾌｫﾝ MICROPHONE （略図の寸法は、参考値です。 DIMENSIONS IN DRAWING FOR REFERENCE ONLY.） DESCRIPTION/CODE № O U T L I N E ZIRXXCDM002 000-150-017 KON-003 000-150-016 05EC-X-9857 -1 Q'TY 05EC-X-9857...
SHIP NO. SPARE PARTS LIST FOR ITEM NAME OF OUTLINE PART ﾋｭｰｽﾞ FUSE MFR'S NAME FURUNO ELECTRIC CO.,LTD. （略図の寸法は、参考値です。 DIMENSIONS IN DRAWING FOR REFERENCE ONLY.） 005-377-820 CODE NO. SP05-05501 TYPE U S E QUANTITY DWG. NO. WORKING TYPE NO. SPARE FGBO 15A AC125V DWG NO.
キ クロ キ 24VDC TITLE FM-8800D/S E. MIYOSHI 名称 国際VHF無線電話装置 TAKAHASHI.T Y. Hatai 相互結線図（接続箱無し） MASS NAME VHF RADIOTELEPHONE INTERCONNECTION DIAGRAM(W/O J.B.) C5642-C03- D FURUNO ELECTRIC CO., LTD. Wing Mic ハンドセット HANDSET HS-6000FZ-11 HS-6000FZ-5 DMC-5 Wing Mic ハンドセット HANDSET HS-6000FZ-11 HS-6000FZ-5...