CMOS: TM8727-XXX, LCD-478, BATTERY 2 x AAA
Model: C8191 AWB
Weather Station With
Please read these instructions carefully and store them
in a safe place for future reference.
• Multi-language calendar: English/German/
• Manual time setting
• Daily alarm with snooze
• Indoor temperature (°C / °F selectable)
• E.L. Backlight
• mb/hPa or inHg selectable
• 12 to 24 hour weather forecast
• Daylight Saving Time (DST)
• Moon phase display
• Time zone display: Eastern, Central, Mountain
Stop alarm sound and turn on
E.L. backlight. Pressing and
holding it for 8 seconds can
stop the current RC reception.
In normal time mode, press it
once to toggle between month
& date and year display. Keep
it pressed for 2 seconds to
enter time setting mode. In
setting mode, press it to step
the setting items.
ALM SET key:
In normal time mode, press it
to display Alarm time. In
Alarm time mode, keep it
pressed for 2 seconds to enter
alarm time setting mode. In
alarm time setting mode, press
it to step the setting items.
In setting mode, increase the
setting value. For WWVB
version, pressing UP key can
set the desired Time Zone.
In setting mode, decrease the
setting value. In normal time
mode, press it to toggle between
12 and 24hour format.
°C/°F key :
Toggle between °C and °F
format. Keep it pressed for 3
seconds to seek RC signal
mb/hPa or inHg key:
Toggle between mb/hPa and
In case of mal-function after
insert of battery, use a pin to
press the RESET key to
restart the clock.
In case of no display on LCD
while inserting batteries, use
a pin to press the RESET key
to activate the clock.
ALARM ON/OF switch:
Switch alarm & snooze function
on or off.
ALM SET key
mb/hPa or inHg key
ALARM ON/OFF switch
SNOOZE/ LIGHT bar
10. RESET key
11. Battery compartment
1. Weather forecast & moon phase display
2. Clock display
3. Year/ month & date/alarm time display
4. Daylight savings time indicator
5. Signal strength indicator
6. Time zone map
7. Second /day of the week display
8. Atmosphere pressure display
9. Temperature display
Seconds and Day of the Week Display: Automatically
toggles every 30 seconds from Day to Seconds.
Toggles back to Seconds after 92 seconds.
INSTALLING OR REPLACING THE BATTERIES
• Begin by opening the battery compartment cover
at the back of the clock.
• Insert 2 AAA batteries (not included) into the battery
compartment and make sure the polarity is correct
by following the (+ or -) symbols engraved inside.
• Replace the battery whenever the display becomes
dim or difficult to read.
SELECT THE TIME ZONE ( WWVB VERSION ONLY)
Make sure the time zone is already set to appropriate
location. The default time zone is Pacific zone. If your
location is not of Pacific zone, please press the UP
key to set the desired Time zone.
RADIO CONTROLLED TIME FEATURE
After the first signal is received, the clock will
automatically seeks the atomic clock signal that is
transmitted by the National Institute of Standards and
Technology in Fort Collins, Colorado. Delete all other
words after "Colorado".
SIGNAL STRENGTH INDICATOR FOR RADIO
CONTROLLED TIME SETTING
The signal indicator displays signal strength in 3 levels.
Wave segment flashing means time signals are being
received. The signal quality is indicated:
If the RC clock receives a successful signal, a
sync-time symbol will appear on the LCD.
ABOUT THE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME (DST)
This clock has been pre-programmed to automatically
switch when daylight savings time is in effect. Your
clock will show "DST" on the display during this time.
With the pre-programmed DST feature, if you live in
an area where Daylight Savings Time is not observed,
the time display on your clock will read +/- one hour
during the DST time period.
SETTING THE TIME MANUALLY
To set the time, please follow these steps:
• In normal time mode, press the TIME key for 2
seconds until the HOUR digit flashes.
• Press UP or DOWN key to change the value of the
• Press the TIME key again to step the setting items.
The setting sequence will be: Hour > Minute >
Second > Year > Month > Date > Day language.
• Press the UP or DOWN key to select the day
GB=English FR=French DE=German ES=Spanish
• Press TIME key to exit the setting mode.
Day Language Setting
In normal time mode, pressing the DOWN key will
toggle between the 12 and 24 hour formats.
SETTING THE ALARM
• In normal time mode, press ALM SET key to enter
alarm time mode.
• Press the ALM SET key for 2 seconds until the
alarm hour digit flashes.
• Press UP or DOWN key to increase or decrease the
value of flashing digit.
• Press ALM SET again to move through each setting.
The sequence will be: Hour > Minute.
Alarm Hour Setting Alarm Minute Setting
12/24hour format of alarm time display are based on
the normal time format.
USING THE ALARM AND SNOOZE FUNCTION
• To activate the alarm, slide the [ALARM ON/OFF] to
the [ON] position, the bell indicator will appear on
• To deactivate alarm, slide the [ALARM ON/OFF]
button to the [OFF] position, the bell indicator will
The snooze will be on automatically after activating