CMOS: TM8727-XXX, LCD-478, BATTERY 2 x AAA
Model: C8191 AWB
ABOUT THE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME (DST)
This clock has been pre-programmed to automatically
switch when daylight savings time is in effect. Your
clock will show "DST" on the display during this time.
Weather Station With
With the pre-programmed DST feature, if you live in
an area where Daylight Savings Time is not observed,
the time display on your clock will read +/- one hour
during the DST time period.
Please read these instructions carefully and store them
in a safe place for future reference.
SETTING THE TIME MANUALLY
To set the time, please follow these steps:
• In normal time mode, press the TIME key for 2
• Multi-language calendar: English/German/
seconds until the HOUR digit flashes.
• Press UP or DOWN key to change the value of the
• Manual time setting
• Daily alarm with snooze
• Press the TIME key again to step the setting items.
• Indoor temperature (°C / °F selectable)
The setting sequence will be: Hour > Minute >
• E.L. Backlight
Second > Year > Month > Date > Day language.
• mb/hPa or inHg selectable
• Press the UP or DOWN key to select the day
• 12 to 24 hour weather forecast
• Daylight Saving Time (DST)
GB=English FR=French DE=German ES=Spanish
• Moon phase display
• Time zone display: Eastern, Central, Mountain
• Press TIME key to exit the setting mode.
1. Weather forecast & moon phase display
2. Clock display
3. Year/ month & date/alarm time display
4. Daylight savings time indicator
Stop alarm sound and turn on
5. Signal strength indicator
6. Time zone map
E.L. backlight. Pressing and
holding it for 8 seconds can
7. Second /day of the week display
stop the current RC reception.
8. Atmosphere pressure display
9. Temperature display
In normal time mode, press it
once to toggle between month
& date and year display. Keep
it pressed for 2 seconds to
Day Language Setting
enter time setting mode. In
setting mode, press it to step
the setting items.
ALM SET key:
In normal time mode, press it
to display Alarm time. In
Alarm time mode, keep it
pressed for 2 seconds to enter
alarm time setting mode. In
Seconds and Day of the Week Display: Automatically
alarm time setting mode, press
toggles every 30 seconds from Day to Seconds.
it to step the setting items.
Toggles back to Seconds after 92 seconds.
In setting mode, increase the
INSTALLING OR REPLACING THE BATTERIES
setting value. For WWVB
version, pressing UP key can
set the desired Time Zone.
• Begin by opening the battery compartment cover
at the back of the clock.
In normal time mode, pressing the DOWN key will
In setting mode, decrease the
• Insert 2 AAA batteries (not included) into the battery
toggle between the 12 and 24 hour formats.
setting value. In normal time
compartment and make sure the polarity is correct
mode, press it to toggle between
by following the (+ or -) symbols engraved inside.
SETTING THE ALARM
12 and 24hour format.
• Replace the battery whenever the display becomes
dim or difficult to read.
• In normal time mode, press ALM SET key to enter
°C/°F key :
Toggle between °C and °F
alarm time mode.
format. Keep it pressed for 3
SELECT THE TIME ZONE ( WWVB VERSION ONLY)
• Press the ALM SET key for 2 seconds until the
seconds to seek RC signal
alarm hour digit flashes.
Make sure the time zone is already set to appropriate
• Press UP or DOWN key to increase or decrease the
location. The default time zone is Pacific zone. If your
value of flashing digit.
mb/hPa or inHg key:
Toggle between mb/hPa and
location is not of Pacific zone, please press the UP
• Press ALM SET again to move through each setting.
key to set the desired Time zone.
The sequence will be: Hour > Minute.
In case of mal-function after
RADIO CONTROLLED TIME FEATURE
insert of battery, use a pin to
press the RESET key to
After the first signal is received, the clock will
restart the clock.
automatically seeks the atomic clock signal that is
In case of no display on LCD
transmitted by the National Institute of Standards and
Alarm Hour Setting Alarm Minute Setting
while inserting batteries, use
Technology in Fort Collins, Colorado. Delete all other
a pin to press the RESET key
words after "Colorado".
to activate the clock.
SIGNAL STRENGTH INDICATOR FOR RADIO
12/24hour format of alarm time display are based on
ALARM ON/OF switch:
Switch alarm & snooze function
CONTROLLED TIME SETTING
the normal time format.
on or off.
The signal indicator displays signal strength in 3 levels.
USING THE ALARM AND SNOOZE FUNCTION
Wave segment flashing means time signals are being
received. The signal quality is indicated:
• To activate the alarm, slide the [ALARM ON/OFF] to
the [ON] position, the bell indicator will appear on
• To deactivate alarm, slide the [ALARM ON/OFF]
ALM SET key
button to the [OFF] position, the bell indicator will
mb/hPa or inHg key
ALARM ON/OFF switch
SNOOZE/ LIGHT bar
The snooze will be on automatically after activating
10. RESET key
If the RC clock receives a successful signal, a
11. Battery compartment
sync-time symbol will appear on the LCD.