Precision Engineered Opto-Electronics™ INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS EX10 Waterproof Camera MAN-10-05...
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS Read these instructions. Keep this instruction. Heed all warnings. Follow all instructions. Do not use this apparatus near water. Clean only with dry cloth. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with manufacturer instructions. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet. 10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the power where they exit from the apparatus.
Only qualified personnel shall install any Bosch Security Systems, Inc. camera. Bosch Security Systems, Inc. will not be responsible for injuries or damages resulting from the improper installation or use of any product sold by Bosch Security Systems, Inc their agents,...
PSU box. 3) Contact BOSCH Service Center for further advice.
After the wiring has been reconnected, it is advisable to check the camera’s operation before installation. GUIDELINES The installation of the EX10 camera is explained in Sections 1 to 4 listed below. It is important that these steps are followed in sequence: 1.
Step 1.1 - Remove the two housing screws located on each side of the EX10 camera housing. Refer to Figure 1-1 on page 5. Step 1.2 - Slide both sections of the housing apart without damaging the camera connecting leads.
2. INPUT POWER CONNECTIONS The camera unit is pre-connected with an electrically isolated power board for 24V ac or 12V dc operation with no wiring change or wiring polarity. See Figure 2-1 on page 7 for wiring details. Note: Input voltage is 10.5VDC to 40VDC for DC input. The AC input range is 12VAC to 28VAC.
3. CAMERA RE-ASSEMBLY Make sure all wires are properly connected and tightened into the terminal blocks as explained in Section 2. Step 3.1 - Check that the orange “O” ring gasket in the rear half of the camera housing has not been dislodged or distorted.
4. CAMERA MOUNTING Caution: The selected mounting location should not place the camera in a situation where its environmental specifications could be exceeded. See Section 6, page 15. The supplied mounting bracket contains two holes for attachment to any suitable flat surface. The type of mounting hardware is dependent on the selected surface.
5. TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE PROBLEM POSSIBLE LIKELY CAUSE SOLUTION No Video 1. Power Supply: -Connections…. Check input power connections at the cable leads. Check for loose wires. -Voltage Range... If connected to DC, check voltage input range of 10.5 – 40 V. If connected to AC, check input voltage range of 12 –...
(cont’d.) (cont’d.) directly to the monitor. Check the video signal. If okay, the problem is with the interconnections. If still no video, contact BOSCH Service Center. See rear page of this manual for contact information. ________________ _________________ __________ Poor Video Signal...
6. GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS TV System ..Color – NTSC (PAL optional) Monochrome – EIA (CCIR optional) Video Signal Output.... 1 V p-p, 75 Ohm Operational Range....-60°C to +60°C (-76°F to 140°F) Power Supply (dc) ....... 10.5 – 40V Power Supply (ac) ......12 – 28V Housing......Injection molded nylon Viewing window ..