MODELS DSKS433 AND DSKS333 MUST BE INSTALLED WITH CONTROL PANEL AT BOTTOM IN ORDER TO OPERATE ADEQUATELY.
Questions? Call: 800.GE.CARES (US) or visit our web site at: www.GEAppliances.com
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Reed these instructions
Save these instructions
Observe all governing
• Note to Instoller
- Be sure to leave these instructions
with the customer.
• Note to Customer
- Keep these instructions
Owner's Manual for future reference.
• Before the old dryer is removed from service or
remove the dryer door.
• Service information
and the wiring diagram
in the control console.
• Do not allow children on or in the appliance.
of children is necessary
when the appliance
is used near children.
• Install the dryer where the temperature
is above 50°F
of the dryer control system.
• Product failure due to improper
covered under the Warranty.
• Dryers installed
by local codes)
must be elevated
18 inches (46 cm) above the floor.
RISK OF FIRE
• To reduce the risk of severe injury or death, follow all
• Clothes dryer installation
must be performed
by a qualified
• Install the clothes dryer according
to these instructions
with local codes. In the absence of local codes,
must comply with the NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE
ANSI/NFPA NO. 70.
• This dryer must be exhausted
to the outdoors.
• Use only 4" rigid metal ducting for exhausting the clothes dryer to
• DO NOT install a clothes dryer with flexible plastic ducting
materials. If flexible metal (semi-rigid or foil-type) duct is
installed, it must be UL listed and installed in accordance
found in "Connecting
The Dryer To House Vent"
on page/4 of this manual. Flexible venting materials
to collapse, be easily crushed, and trap lint. These conditions
obstruct dryer airflow and increase the risk of fire.
• Do not install or store this appliance
in any location
could be exposed to water and or weather.
• Save these instructions.
(Installers: Be sure to leave these
with the customer).
DETERMINE ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR DRYER MODEL
• This dryer must be connected to an individual branch circuit of proper voltage and frequency as specified on Rating Plate (located inside
dryer door) with no other appliances or fixtures attached.
• A 120V receptacle is located on the back on the dryer and is available only for use with a washer that is affixed to the dryer with a
WDF-85 kit. It may not be used for any other appliance or any conditions other than slated above (208V & 240V models only).
• Branchcircuit must be protected bythe requiredtime-delay fuses or circuit breakers208Vor 240Vinstallation- 30 amps 120Vinstallation15 or 20 amps.
• The electrical installation must conform to the national and local codes.
208V AND 240V MODELS ARE NOT APPROVED FOR 120V INSTALLATION.
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
SLIP J OINT PLIERS F LAT B LADE AND PHILLIPS
KITS FOR DRYERS
(Comeswith individuol Instollotion Instructions)
 Over wosher
- Use Woll Mount Kit WHK-35 or
- Stock Rock DSDR24 or
- Stock Rock DSR-24
 For olcove ond closet depth ond width
requirements see specific kit instructions
All stocking kits ore ovoiloble from sour
Iocol soles outlet.
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
4"DIA. METAL DUCT ( RECOMMENDED)
METAL (SEMI-RIGID) OR
DUCT ( IF NEEDED) 4"SPRING
METAL (FOIL TYPE)
DUCT ( IF NEEDED.)
3/4" STRAIN RELIEF
CORD K IT
(NOT P ROVIDED
ULRATED WITH DRYER)
WITH 3OR 4PRONGS.
TYPE AS PER T HE
LINE C ORD.
UNPACKING AND PREPARING FOR INSTALLATION
 Prepare the area and exhaust for installation of new dryer.
Check and ensure the existing external exhaust is clean and meets attached installation specifications.
 Remove the literature and accessories bag from the dryer drum. Place the literature in a convenient place.
 Using foam pads from dryer carton, turn dryer upside down as shown.
 Install knobs. For location, refer to the Owner's Hanual.
 Dryer is now ready to be mounted above washer using accessory kit.
 Remove the foam shipping pads from under dryer.
 Move the dryer to the desired location.
 Follow the steps in the following pages to connect the dryer to the external exhaust and power supply.
01- 12 GE