Cordless Circular Saw 85 mm (3-3/8”) MODEL 5090D I N S T R U C T I O N M A N U A L WARNING: For your personal safety, READ and UNDERSTAND before using. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
2. Do not operate power tools in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable liquids, gases, or dust. Power tools create sparks which may ignite the dust or fumes. 5090D 85 mm (3-3/8”) 22 mm (7/8”) 18 mm (11/16”) 1,000/min.
3. Keep bystanders, children, and visitors away while operating a power tool. Distrac- tions can cause you to lose control. Electrical Safety 4. A battery operated tool with integral bat- teries or a separate battery pack must be recharged only with the specified charger for the battery.
20. Use only accessories that are recom- mended by the manufacturer for your model. Accessories that may be suitable for one tool may create a risk of injury when used on another tool. SERVICE 21. Tool service must be performed only by qualified repair personnel.
aware of the time it takes for the blade to stop after switch is released. 6. NEVER hold piece being cut in your hands or across your leg. It is important to support the work properly to minimize body exposure, blade binding, or loss of control.
Fig. 2 Do not support board or panel away from the cut. Do not use dull or damaged blade. Unsharpened or improperly set blades pro- duce narrow kerf causing excessive friction, blade binding and KICKBACK. Keep blade sharp and clean. Gum and wood pitch hard- ened on blades slows saw and increases potential for kickback.
clamp it down. DO NOT TRY TO HOLD SHORT PIECES BY HAND! Fig. 5 Fig. 6 18. Never attempt to saw with the circular saw held upside down in a vise. This is SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS WARNING: MISUSE or failure to follow the safety rules stated in this instruction manual may cause serious personal injury.
3. CAUTION - To reduce risk of injury, charge only MAKITA rechargeable marked on the charger label. Other types of batteries may burst causing personal injury and damage. 4. Do not expose charger to rain or snow. 5. Use of an attachment not recommended...
ADDITIONAL SAFETY RULES FOR CHARGER & BATTERY CARTRIDGE 1. Do not charge Battery Cartridge when temperature is BELOW 10°C (50°F) or ABOVE 40°C (104°F). 2. Do not attempt to use a step-up trans- former, an engine generator or DC power receptacle.
5. After charging, unplug the charger from the power source. NOTE: • The battery charger is for charging Makita battery cartridge. Never use it for other purposes or for other manufacturer’s batteries. • When you charge a new battery cartridge or a battery...
001349 1. Hex wrench 2. Depth guide 3. Clamping screw 001366 1. Clamping screw 2. Clamping screw 3. Bevel scale plate 001384 1. Base time, it may not accept a full charge. This is a normal condition and does not indicate a problem. You can recharge the battery cartridge fully after discharging it completely and recharging a couple of times.
Be sure the blade is installed with teeth pointing up at the front of the tool. • Use only the Makita wrench to install or remove the blade. To remove the blade, press the blade stopper pin and insert it through the hole in the blade so that the blade cannot revolve and use the wrench to loosen the hex bolt counterclockwise.
001451 1. Hex Wrench OPERATION 001469 1. Rear handle 2. Front grip(motor housing) 3. Base MAINTENANCE Hex wrench storage When not in use, store the hex wrench as shown in the figure to keep it from being lost. CAUTION: • Be sure to move the tool forward in a straight line gently.
Makita Authorized or Factory Service Centers, always using Makita replacement parts. Recycling the Battery The only way to dispose of a Makita battery is to recycle it. The law prohibits any other method of disposal. To recycle the battery: 1. Remove the battery from the tool.
First-Class Postage Required Post Office will not deliver without proper postage. Makita U.S.A., Inc. 14930 Northam Street La Mirada, CA 90638-5753 Fold...
Paste 3. How did you learn about this product: Magazine From Dealer Newspaper Store Display Catalog 4. Most favored points are: Design Features Size Price Makita Brand MODEL NO. YEAR SERIAL NO. PHONE 20-29 30-39 40-49 Paste Paste Radio Exhibition...
Date Purchased When you need service: Send complete tool (prepaid) to one Dealer’s Name & Address of the Makita Factory Service Centers listed, or to an Authorized Makita Service Center. Be sure to attach a letter to the outside of Model No.
MAKITA LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY Warranty Policy Every Makita tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. It is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of ONE YEAR from the date of original purchase.