LASER BEAM SAFETY PRECAUTION
• Pick-up that emits a laser beam is used in this CD player section.
USE OF CONTROLS OR ADJUSTMENTS
OR PERFORMANCE OF PROCEDURES
OTHER THAN THOSE SPECIFIED HEREIN
MAY RESULT IN HAZARDOUS RADIATION
LASER OUTPUT .......... 0.6 mW Max. (CW)
WAVELENGTH ............. 790 nm
1. Azimuth Adjustment
• Be sure to clean the heads before attempting to make any adjustment.
• Be sure both channels (1 and 2) are the same level.
(Using a dual-channel oscilloscope)
• Be sure both channel's waveform are same for the phase matching.
• After completion of the adjustment, use the threadlock (TB-1401B) to
secure the azimuth adjustment screws.
1. Remove the cover deck as Fig.1.
2. Load a test tape (VTT-738 etc. : 10kHz) in the Deck.
3. Press the PLAY button. (Normal playback)
4. Use a + tip screwdriver to turn the screw for normal azimuth
adjustment so that the left and right outputs are maximized at
the same phase during normal playback. See Fig.2.
5. Adjust so that the waveforms for the left and right channels are in alignment.
2. Tape Speed Adjustment
• Connect the Frequency Counter to TAPE OUT.
1. Insert the test tape (MTT-111N, etc.; 3,000Hz) into the DECK.
2. Press the PLAY button. .
3. Adjust a hole on the motor bottom so that a frequency counter reading of 3,000
4. Press the STOP button, and eject the test tape.
3. Torque Measurement
CD PICK-UP MAINTENANCE
About pick-up (Optical lens) Cleaning
Clean a lens with swab of the cotton which moistened it with alcohol, cleaning paper or cleaning disc appointed.
Specified cleaning disc : LC-1 (Part code : 645 026 1961 ..... manufactured by SANYO.)
Show a clean procedure in the following in reference by swab of cotton.
1. Cotton swab is wrapped with Cleaning paper.
2. Add the isopropyl alcohol.
3. Gently move the tip of cotton swab just like a draw a whirlpool from inside to outside on the surface of lens.
- 1 -
hole for adjustment
5Hz is obtained.See Fig.3.