Register your product and get support at LED TV www.philips.com/welcome 32PFH4100 32PFT4100 32PFT4100 32PHH4100 32PHT4100 32PHT4100 40PFH4100 40PFT4100 40PFT4100 48PFH4100 48PFT4100 48PFT4100 User Manual...
Contents 12.1 What you need 1 Your new TV 3 12.2 Record a programme 1.1 Pause TV and recordings 12.3 Watch a recording 1.2 EasyLink 13 Settings 30 2 Setting up 4 13.1 Picture 2.1 Read safety 13.2 Game or computer 2.2 TV stand and wall mounting 13.3 Format and edges 2.3 Tips on placement...
Your new TV Pause TV and recordings If you connect a USB Hard Drive, you can pause and record a broadcast from a digital TV channel. Pause your TV and answer that urgent phone call or simply take a break during a sports match, while the TV stores the broadcast on the USB Hard Drive.
Quick Start Guide that came with the TV. In case you lost this TP Vision Europe B.V. bears no responsibility for improper guide, you can download it from www.philips.com. mounting or any mounting that results in accident or injury. Use the product type number of the TV to look for the Quick Start Guide to download.
Although this TV has a very low standby power consumption, unplug the power cable to save energy if you do not use the TV for a long period of time. Antenna cable Insert the antenna plug firmly into the ANTENNA socket at the back of the TV.
If you need help to connect several devices to the TV, you DVI and HDMI cables support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital can visit the Philips TV connectivity guide. The guide Content Protection). HDCP is a copy protection signal that offers information on how to connect and which cables to use.
respective owners. Audio Out - Optical Audio Out - Optical is a high quality sound connection. This Operate devices (For 4000, 4100, 5210 TV optical connection can carry 5.1 audio channels. If your device, typically a Home Theatre System (HTS), has no HDMI ARC models) connection, you can use this connection with the Audio In - Optical connection on the HTS.
If you want devices to communicate but you don't want to operate them with the TV remote control, you can switch off EasyLink remote control separately. You can control multiple HDMI-CEC compliant devices with your TV remote control. In the EasyLink settings menu, select EasyLink Remote Control and select Off.
TV and the sound from the HTS should be Use an HDMI cable to connect a Home Theatre System (HTS) synchronised. to the TV. You can connect a Philips Soundbar or an HTS with a built-in disc player. Automatic audio to video sync...
format. 3. Select Multichannel or Stereo. 4. Press , repeatedly if necessary, to close the menu. Audio Out levelling Use the Audio Out leveling setting to level the volume (loudness) of the TV and the Home Theatre System when you switch over from one to another.
2. Switch on the USB Hard Drive and the TV. 3. When the TV is tuned to a digital TV channel, press (Pause). Trying to pause will start the formatting. Follow the instructions on screen. When the USB Hard Drive is formatted, leave it connected USB Hard Drive permanently.
3. Select Game (for gaming) or select Computer (for watching a 3.11 movie) and press OK. Camcorder 4. Press , repeatedly if necessary, to close the menu. Remember to set the Game or computer setting back HDMI to Computer when you stop playing the game. For best quality, use an HDMI cable to connect the camcorder to the TV.
Switch on On or Standby (For 4100 TV models) Make sure you plugged in the mains power on the back of the TV before you switch on the TV. If the red indicator light is off, press the Joystick on the right side or on the back of the TV to put the TV in standby - the red indicator will light up.
3. INFO To open or close programme infomation. Remote control 4. BACK To switch back to the previous channel you selected. To close a menu without changing a setting. Key overview (For 4000, 4100, 5. HOME To open or close the home menu. 5210 TV models) 6.
IR sensor The TV can receive commands from a remote control that uses IR (infrared) to send commands. If you use such a remote control, always make sure you point the remote control at the infrared sensor on the front of the TV. Batteries 1.
Channel list TV channels View all channel list 1. While watching a TV channel, press LIST to open the channel list. Watching TV channels 2. Press OPTIONS to open Option menu. 3. Select List, then you can select All, Favourites, Radio, and Switch channels (For 4000, 4100, 5210 TV New channels.
1. Press and select Setup and press OK. Rename channels 2. Select Channel settings > Child lock > Change code and press OK. You can rename channels in the channel list. 3. If a code is set already, enter the current Child lock code and 1.
4. To close Text, press again. Digital Text (UK only) Some digital broadcasters offer dedicated Digital Text or interactive TV on their digital TV channels. This includes normal Text using the number, colour and arrow keys to select and navigate.
and open Status in the Options menu. Subtitles and languages Subtitles (For 4000, 4100, 5210 TV models) Audio languages Switch subtitles on Digital TV channels can broadcast audio with several spoken languages for a programme. You can set a preferred primary and To open the Subtitle menu, press SUBTITLE.
TV or any moment when the TV is in standby. With Channel list copy, you can copy the channels installed on one TV onto another Philips TV of the same range. With New channels Channel list copy, you avoid the time-consuming channel search by uploading a predefined channel list on a TV.
Antenna (DVB-T) or Cable (DVB-C) and press OK. Upload channel list 4. Select the DVB setting you want. 5. Press , repeatedly if necessary, to close the menu. Upload a copied channel list DVB-C channel installation Depending on whether your TV is already installed or not, you must use a different way to upload a channel list.
1. Press and select Setup and press OK. Symbol rate 2. Select Channel settings > Channel installation > Analogue : manual installation and press OK. With the Symbol rate mode set to Manual, you can enter the symbol rate value you received from your cable provider. To - System enter the value, use the number keys.
day. Select Previous day, Today or Next day and press OK, to select TV guide the day of the schedule. Using the TV guide Search by genre What you need If the information is available, you can look up scheduled With the TV guide you can view a list of the current and programmes by genre like movies, sports, etc.
EasyLink Sources With EasyLink you can operate a connected device with the TV remote control. EasyLink uses HDMI CEC to communicate with Sources list the connected devices. Devices must support HDMI CEC and must be connected with an HDMI connection. In the list of connections - the Source menu - you can find the devices connected to the TV.From...
3. Press , repeatedly if necessary, to close the menu. Timers and clock Sleep timer With the sleep timer, you can set the TV to switch to standby automatically after a preset time. To set the sleep timer . . . 1.
View the pictures repeatedly or once only. Your photos, videos - Shuffle off, Shuffle on View the pictures in sequential order, or at random. and music - Rotate image Rotate photo. 10.1 - Show info From a USB connection Display the picture name, date, size and next picture in the slide show.
To close Browse USB, press and select another activity.
Pause TV 11.1 Pause TV You can pause a TV broadcast and resume watching it later. Only digital TV channels can be paused. You must connect a USB Hard Drive to buffer the broadcast. You can pause a broadcast for a maximum time span of 90 minutes. Pause or resume a broadcast To pause a broadcast, press ...
List of recordings Recording To view the list of recordings and scheduled recordings, press , select Recordings and press OK. 12.1 In this list, you can select a recording to watch, remove recorded What you need programmes, adjust the end time of an ongoing recording or check the free disc space.
Picture settings Settings Backlight contrast 13.1 With Backlight contrast, you can adjust the brightness of the display backlight. Picture To adjust the level . . . 1. Press and select Setup and press OK. Picture style 2. Select TV settings > Picture > Backlight contrast. 3.
To reduce the MPEG artefact . . . make the Custom tint menu available. Custom tint is a setting 1. Press and select Setup and press OK. intended for expert users. 2. Select TV settings > Picture > MPEG artefact reduction. To set a custom colour temperature .
4. Press , repeatedly if necessary, to close the menu. You can adjust a Sound style . . . 1. Select the style and press OK. 2. Press and select Setup and press OK. 13.3 3. Select TV settings, navigate to the individual setting and adjust Format and edges 4.
3. Press (up) or (down) to adjust the volume. or off. 4. Press , repeatedly if necessary, to close the menu. To switch on or off . . . 1. Press and select Setup and press OK. 2.
- If you select EasyLink autostart, the TV will switch on the audio device, send the TV sound to the device and switch off the TV speakers. With EasyLink or EasyLink autostart selected, you can still switch to TV speakers if necessary. To set the TV speakers .
1 year. You can also find the power Saving energy consumption values for this product on the Philips website for your country at www.philips.com/TV The Eco settings bundle the settings that help the environment.
Display Power Product specifications are subject to change without notice. For Type more specification details of this product, www.philips.com/support Diagonal screen size : - 22Pxx4000 : 51 cm / 20 inch Power - 24Pxx4000 : 56 cm / 22 inch...
- without TV stand: 14.6 Width 726.5 mm - Height 425.4 mm - Depth 76.8 mm - Weight Connectivity for Pxx4100 ± 4.82 kg - with TV stand: For PxK4100 Width 726.5 mm - Height 464.4 mm - Depth 181 mm - Weight TV Rear ±...
15.2 Software version Software To view the current TV software version . . . 15.1 1. Press and select Setup and press OK. Software update 2. Select Software settings and press OK. 3. Select Current software info and see Release Version. 4.
libsqlite3 (3.7.14) libdirectfb (1.4.11) SQLite is a C library that implements an SQL database engine. DirectFB is a thin library that provides hardware graphics Programs that link with the SQLite library can have SQL acceleration, input device handling and abstraction, integrated database access without running a separate RDBMS process.
libexpat Expat is an XML parser library written in C. It is a stream-oriented parser in which an application registers handlers for things the parser might find in the XML document (like start tags). Source: http://expat.sourceforge.net/ libdrm libdrm provides core library routines for the X Window System to directly interface with video hardware using the Linux kernel's Direct Rendering Manager (DRM).
Picture does not fit the screen The TV goes back to standby after showing the Philips startup Change to a different picture format. Press . screen When the TV is in standby, a Philips startup screen is displayed, Picture format keeps changing with different channels...
To solve any Philips TV related problem, you can consult our - If there are intermittent sound disruptions, make sure that online support. You can select your language and enter your output settings from the HDMI device are correct.
For support and repair, call the Consumer Care hotline in your country. Find the telephone number in the printed documentation that came with the TV. Or consult our website www.philips.com/support . TV model number and serial number You might be asked to provide the TV product model number and serial number.
If liquids are spilt on or into the TV, disconnect the TV from the power outlet immediately. - Never place the TV on tall furniture, such as a bookcase, Contact Philips TV Consumer Care to have the TV checked without anchoring both the furniture and TV to the wall or a before use.
Lightning storms Disconnect the TV from the power outlet and antenna before lightning storms. During lightning storms, never touch any part of the TV, power cord or antenna cable. Risk of hearing damage Avoid using earphones or headphones at high volumes or for prolonged periods of time.
Kensington Kensington and Micro Saver are registered US trademarks of ACCO World Corporation with issued registrations and pending applications in other countries throughout the world. Other trademarks All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.